• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

keit4

Banned
The game gets better the more you play. At first i was unimpressed but now i'm having a blast. Challenges are pure fun.

Footos22

How can I set traps?

yesterday I finished Floyd mission and he taught me how to set up traps. I quit the game after I completed the mission

Today I started playing the game about an hour ago and I tried so many times to set traps and I keep pressing and holding RB but nothing happens!

why can't I set traps?

lol you cant set traps outside of night defense.

This must be the slowest moving OT for a big release in some time.

webkatt

How can I set traps?

yesterday I finished Floyd mission and he taught me how to set up traps. I quit the game after I completed the mission

Today I started playing the game about an hour ago and I tried so many times to set traps and I keep pressing and holding RB but nothing happens!

why can't I set traps?

You can only set traps during the Vat defense missions. It isn't possible to place them any other time. I feel this was a wasted opportunity.

blakep267

just got my fizzco baton, aka Lightsaber. Should've been the first weapon available. Alsi its cool how in chaos squad, when another paler has it and you guys start hitting each other, it makes the actual lightsaber clashing sounds

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Just finished my fourth try on the downtown chaos squad.. scored 1611 chaos points.
chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

Yaranaika

Just finished my fourth try on the downtown chaos squad.. scored 1611.
The two bonus multipliers per round are everything.
You also need to get your combo meter up with grinding and bouncing, while killing, to at least level 3 to earn serious points.

ohlawd

Just finished my fourth try on the downtown chaos squad.. scored 1611 chaos points.

my first try on Downtown last night got me to 1630 or something. was cutting it.

You don't wanna know how many times I had to play Little Tokyo just for 325.

eshwaaz

Nearing the end of the game. I cannot get over the amount of creativity and diversity in the main missions. It's a breath of fresh air. Love the variety in the types of side missions and challenges as well. High-quality content in spades.

Played about 25 hours now, and it's been consistently fun throughout - a total blast. Currently my favorite game of the year. Way to go, Insomniac!

Fuck, since I updated my console earlier today (December preview) I've gotten three glitches in a row. The last one was right before the final battle in the King's Quest for XP, now I need to do that whole fucking thing over again.

p3tran

Banned
Finished the game. What a fantastic ride. Pending the quality of MCC and Far Cry 4, this is my GOTY. So much fun!

for me it is goty -even though usually platformers are not my favorite thing, let alone ..openworld platformers- simply because not only it is great looking, great sounding and plays great, but because its an original piece and not a sequel.

now, I urge everyone to think about originality too, when you are thinking which was the best game for you this year..

I mean, ok number 5 of a good franchise is great news.. only that I prefer NEW stuff to be GREAT even more!

that being said,

insomniac, how about you guys add some fluff for my freeroaming? I've done everything, and yet I still play.

now there's a puzzle for you :D

ok, you got the trucks that pop up in the map, you got the parachute drops, you got the "save the human in danger", these are dynamic and they keep on going.
but I want you to take these and amp them up!
example, not always the same truck (even though there are different trucks for OD and different for the humans). drop a bigger truck/vehicle sometimes, ramp the difficulty up and the prize, and dont let me know in advance. surprise me. drop a freakin' ufo for a change.
then, have some npc's ask you to do shit. you know, crazy shit.
that should be fun too.

ante, chop-chop!
you partied for enough days. now service me more! :D

RSB

Banned
Is there a way to change the controls?

I've been looking in the options but I can't find anything...

Mdk7

Still working on my vintage Fizzie, i decided to make him stand instead of keeping the original position.

B12F00qIgAA_98X.png

Kinda satisfied with it, even if there's something that doesn't fully convince me, yet i don't know what.
Onto the rest of the poster now! :d

Grisby

OMG where did you get that robot helmet?
Pretty sure it was chaos squad. Might have been the reward for painting all the signs too, I cant remember.
don't tell me I need to hit the last box in Chaos Squad for an amp -_-

got lucky with lobbies tonight tho. reached enough chaos for the last three areas.
It's all random I believe. I got clothes from a second box one time and na amp in the third.
Good stuff, similar to mine :)
Thanks man. I freaking love how high quality the character modeling appears during cutscenes. One of my favorite things about Dead Rising, although here it can be with a different face and body type.
Hairspray bomb with twist of fate made that bucks revenge achievement so easy
Hairspray bomb with nuke is a game breaker. Add the ammo capacity perk and damage perk and you'll be getting to the top of chaos lists in no time.

flkraven

There is 40 and you can buy a map from two hand jack that will show you where they are
There was a map just a few pages back.

I don't mean the billboards that you 'tag'. I mean spots where there is already graffity on the wall, and you interact with the graffiti.

I found one in a tunnel. It was a stick dude or something. I walked up to it, pressed Y, my character just say something silly about it, and that was it.

I don't mean the billboards that you 'tag'. I mean spots where there is already graffity on the wall, and you interact with the graffiti.

I found one in a tunnel. It was a stick dude or something. I walked up to it, pressed Y, my character just say something silly about it, and that was it.

Oh what? Cool....

dankir

I wish Insomniac would adjust the CS rewards...

I've put ~12 hours into chaos squad and I've received one amp upgrade. One.

Played four matches in a row today: 15 total prize reels and they were all cash/overcharge. I've literally purchased everything possible in the game so these "prizes" are completely useless.

Is the fifth reel at least a guaranteed amp? I've come close a few times now and, I swear to Fizzie, if I finally get that fifth slot and roll 2000 overcharge...I'm out :\.

Nah, I'm still having a blast but this is seriously some Destiny'esque loot bs.

Really? I played my first round of Chaos Squad last night finished 1st in all challenges and got an AMP upgrade right away.

Hairspray bomb with Nuclear explosion capabilities FTW!

Dabanton

I still haven't played Chaos Squad yet as the SP is so damm good. Currently with the LARPers some very fun missions so far.

Really? I played my first round of Chaos Squad last night finished 1st in all challenges and got an AMP upgrade right away.
Does Chaos Squad end after a series of events? I made the mistake of playing it way past my bedtime and it kept going and going. I finally found one of the phonebooths that allowed for me to quit early. Which, I found very confusing and non-intuitive, as I had to look up "how to quit Chaos Squad."

RSB

Banned
I have a question:

Can you use Bumper Jumper in this game?

I really dislike having jump on the A button. Any way to change it?

Anyone know what leveling up your weapon actually does? I know amp slots are unlocked at level 2, but what happens with 3, 4, and 5? Better damage?

Kalm

Hairspray bomb with Nuclear explosion capabilities FTW!

Aha yea, I think I'm cursed.

I've had four or five clothing items (usually shoes, for some reason), a couple weapon boosts (on weapons I never use) and the one amp (+dmg divebomb) -- that's it. :'(

Other than unlocking bonus reels, I don't think performance has anything to do with it. As long as I didn't join a match already in progress, I'll get four reels and usually finish first or second w/ 300-600+ kills depending on the map. Just random luck, I think.

Also, give Burn, Baby Lv2 a try on that HSB! If you can stack enough +dmg overdrives, the extra fire damage proc is instakill, spreads sooooo much farther than ToF and activates more often too. It's better, I promise. (Less fun to see in action though...)

Grisby

Yeah, and as I said, there is a map of 10 or so spots that was posted a while back.

They are secret signs of some sort and you get a t shirt for discovering all of them.

RoKKeR

So help me understand the difference between these two Overdrives...

"Increase damage to OD by 5%" or "Increase damage done to OD by 5% but increase damage OD do to the player by 1%"

Obviously the damage to player by 1% but otherwise how are they different?

"Increase damage to OD by 5%" or "Increase damage done to OD by 5% but increase damage OD do to the player by 1%"

Does the second one upgrade the overdrive stats higher than the first one? So if Increase damage to OD at level 4 or whatever is 25% but on the second one perhaps its like 40%? Not sure

Either that or its just a penalty for people being able to use the overdrive twice

I think of the Sacrifice overdrives as a way to hyper-specialize, for those that want to. You go for the regular damage Overdrives first, then the more expensive Sacrifice ones later, if for whatever reason you really, really need to do more damage in a particular way.

that being said,

insomniac, how about you guys add some fluff for my freeroaming? I've done everything, and yet I still play.

now there's a puzzle for you :D
+1 to this. I'd love to see DLC that adds more to the current open world. New objectives, random events, maybe chests that only open when you've got maxed style or after X kill combos, ad-hoc block defense missions, Crackdow-- uh I mean Smackdown orbs to hunt to power stuff up, delivery missions (with full freedom on how to move from point A to point B and scored for speed and style. Chases where you have to evade other parkour enemies (like a SO version of cops and robbers). Random enemies wearing customization items that you can take down to steal their clothes :)

Basically, more stuff please. Its so damn nice to learn a city and be able to keep returning to it for something new.

Does the second one upgrade the overdrive stats higher than the first one? So if Increase damage to OD at level 4 or whatever is 25% but on the second one perhaps its like 40%? Not sure

Either that or its just a penalty for people being able to use the overdrive twice

This is correct.

The first maxes out at 25%, the 2nd maxes out at 50%.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
10th try on the downtown chaos squad.. Chaos level: 1616. Fuck my life.

Top Bottom