• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

This is an incredible game, but it's not GoTY for me.

D4 is currently taking my top spot with First Light in second and this in third. I feel Ori might shift both FL and SO into third and fourth respectively, but for sheer enjoyment and experience, D4 hasn't been topped.

This is an incredible game, but it's not GoTY for me.

D4 is currently taking my top spot with First Light in second and this in third. I feel Ori might shift both FL and SO into third and fourth respectively, but for sheer enjoyment and experience, D4 hasn't been topped.

You like D4 better? And a Second Son expansion? I'm waiting to play First Light (enjoyed Second Son) until it's free on PS Plus, but I just can't imagine it's better than Sunset Overdrive. Sounds like crazy talk to me. You're still trolling right? Right?

Right?

Right?

Rosur

You like D4 better? And a Second Son expansion? I'm waiting to play First Light (enjoyed Second Son) until it's free on PS Plus, but I just can't imagine it's better than Sunset Overdrive. Sounds like crazy talk to me. You're still trolling right? Right?

Right?

Right?

I've played both Sunset (Though still need to get round to playing D4). But Sunset is Easily better than first light. The traversal is so much better and fun and first light had a lot of movement in its combat as well but never flowed as well as Sunsets movement does.

Right?

Right?

D4 is superb and easily one of the best gaming experiences I've had all year. The humour, the dialogue, the gameplay, it's all on point and so well executed. How could anyone not have it as their GoTY?

As for First Light, it's a damn good game. It's literally the closest we'll ever get to a full blown Flash game. The feeling of speeding around the city as a pink blur is unparalleled.

Sunset is a tremendous game and who knows, it might hit my second spot by the time I finish the campaign, but it's a firm third right now.

D4 is superb and easily one of the best gaming experiences I've had all year. The humour, the dialogue, the gameplay, it's all on point and so well executed. How could anyone not have it as their GoTY?

As for First Light, it's a damn good game. It's literally the closest we'll ever get to a full blown Flash game. The feeling of speeding around the city as a pink blur is unparalleled.

Sunset is a tremendous game and who knows, it might hit my second spot by the time I finish the campaign, but it's a firm third right now.

Firm like a flabby buttocks. You haven't seen the best yet.

By the time you are done Miles, you will be saying that Sunset Overdrive is the game of a generation!

We'll see. I'd like to think it will blow me away as I progress, but I'll keep my expectations in check just in case.

Still, I like what I'm hearing. If only I had more time to play...

derFeef

This game has incredible mission design. Even the side missions are varied and fun, good stuff. Almost done with the main story I think, played ~24 hours until now.

Sweet Ivy

Hey guys,
both me and my partner got the Sunset bundle and redeemed the included 14 days trial code, yet, when we try to go to the photo booth we're asked to join Gold, anyone else has had this problem?
Would love to play SO multi!

SykoTech

Really great impressions in here. Been a fan of Insomniac since 1998, and it's great to see them make an awesome game again.

Will definitely check this one out someday.

Hey guys,
both me and my partner got the Sunset bundle and redeemed the included 14 days trial code, yet, when we try to go to the photo booth we're asked to join Gold, anyone else has had this problem?
Would love to play SO multi!

I had a similar problem when i bought my xbox, I contacted xbox support (they have live chat on the website) and they just gave me a code I could redeem for 1 month of xbox live to replace it.

Kalm

I wish Insomniac would adjust the CS rewards...

I've put ~12 hours into chaos squad and I've received one amp upgrade. One.

Played four matches in a row today: 15 total prize reels and they were all cash/overcharge. I've literally purchased everything possible in the game so these "prizes" are completely useless.

Is the fifth reel at least a guaranteed amp? I've come close a few times now and, I swear to Fizzie, if I finally get that fifth slot and roll 2000 overcharge...I'm out :\.

Nah, I'm still having a blast but this is seriously some Destiny'esque loot bs.

Wollveren

Banned
I wish there was more to do in the game, I just finished it and all the side missions. But I feel the game really stops there, didn't really bother with the challenges, maybe I should?

I think this is the first open world game where I finished ALL the side missions! Says a lot about the game!

alexbull_uk

Just about to meet the LARPers, which I'm saving for the weekend.

Seriously can't believe how much I'm enjoying SO. I had no intention of even buying it until I saw all the positive comments about it, but wow. Could very well be my GOTY I think.

Purchased the season pass earlier, too. Hopefully the extra content will be as good as the base game.

Solsc

I was on the fence about this one but I ended up getting it due to the impressions here and am loving it.

The humor is not as corny as I thought it was going to be. It read my thoughts a few times which made me laugh. For example when I fell while climbing the tower quest and when I respawned he said "Thank god I don't have to climb back up again"

Magwik

Banned
Anyone having issues with connection to online games? Been trying to get a game with my friends going but I keep on getting "cannot connect to game server"

statham

Is there any achievements for completing all the sidequests? Looks like I have 1 left, planting flags across the map.

edit: also wish the maps didn't cost so much.

This may be a stupid question but does this have legitimate coop or just chaos mode?

Chaos squad. Many are hoping for coop via a patch or DLC. But it's most likely relegated to the sequel. Chaos Squad is fun, but when your teamed with people who don't really want to play the objectives, it's not that fun. And then when you do get a great team together with people with some of the rarer amps, it's too chaotic to actually play, more or less forcing to to use the chopper/acid flowerpot combo if you really want to compete. It gets kinda boring to be honest. Still an amazing game though.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My character

oC7cMi9.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Does anyone else find Floyd really weird. His VO is awful and his animations are just; I don't even know.

I think he is fantastic, one of my favorite personalities in the game and a large portion of that is due to his voice actor.

Oh my god. Just beat the game the best part was
The direct NeoGAF shout-out
. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fucking brilliant. Has somebody made a thread about this? The members need to know.

Grisby

Saw someone with tiny black angel wings. Now I need tiny black angel wings.

All I win is shoes and tats. Might have gotten the robot helmet from Chaos but I don't know.

SlickVic

This is basically the perfect game to play after a long day. Nothing like unwinding by finishing up challenges and destroying some OD.

ohlawd

don't tell me I need to hit the last box in Chaos Squad for an amp -_-

got lucky with lobbies tonight tho. reached enough chaos for the last three areas.

Bought all the maps, so many collectibles on map now it's crazy. Doubt i'll collect though, bring on season pass content will be waiting for that.

The humor is not as corny as I thought it was going to be. It read my thoughts a few times which made me laugh. For example when I fell while climbing the tower quest and when I respawned he said "Thank god I don't have to climb back up again"

I agree, I'm really enjoying the humor for the most part. The side-missions are also decently varied (not that the opposite would harm the game much when the minute-to-minute gameplay is so enjoyable), and the game can be really difficult if you try to go for gold in all the challenges. I believe those were the most common complaints, and I'm just not having any of those issues. The game is simply a blast.

SlickVic

Any idea how close we are with the community challanges? The status shows 0% on the achivement page.

Yeah it's pretty weird they don't reveal the progress. I thought part of the impetus of doing things like this is to bring out that psychological factor of people seeing just how close they are (or how far) and doing more to get closer to the end goal after seeing those numbers.

ryan299

I find it hilarious that the Fizzie twitter account has started a campaign to get Macy's to put him in the Thanksgiving day parade. It's awesome.

silva1991

How can I set traps?

yesterday I finished Floyd mission and he taught me how to set up traps. I quit the game after I completed the mission

Today I started playing the game about an hour ago and I tried so many times to set traps and I keep pressing and holding RB but nothing happens!

why can't I set traps?

jesu

How can I set traps?

yesterday I finished Floyd mission and he taught me how to set up traps. I quit the game after I completed the mission

Today I started playing the game about an hour ago and I tried so many times to set traps and I keep pressing and holding RB but nothing happens!

why can't I set traps?

I don't know but maybe try re-doing the mission.

Top Bottom