• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Grisby

Favorite Callista lines:

"Did that tattoo come with a free tank of gas?

*when walking up to her*
"I don't have any change-OOoohhh it's youuuu!"

This is definitely goty for me. This game manages to capture almost everything I loved about late 99-2000's and put it into one game. Was just crying tears of nostalgia, wondering if we'll ever see a game like the Tony hawk pro skater games or jet set radio. Sunset came at the right time.

Can someone who bought the SSO bundle tell me if there are multiple codes on the card for it? Is there one code that says "Sunset Overdrive In-Game Content"? and is there also a separate code for the game itself?

ohlawd

if anyone wants to play Chaos Squad, I'm down.

doesn't matter what map. just need that last cheevo (get one fucking amp... just one)

RSB

Banned
Can someone who bought the SSO bundle tell me if there are multiple codes on the card for it? Is there one code that says "Sunset Overdrive In-Game Content"? and is there also a separate code for the game itself?
Yep, two codes on the same card, one for the game and one for some extra content.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Perfect thank you. Looks like I just got scammed out of my AC Unity/Black Flag codes for a useless DLC code for SSO instead of the full game! Great times.

You MAY have gotten scammed but I know there were some people earlier in the thread who didn't realize that there were 2 codes so maybe they just didn't know?

Hindle

Banned
I will play SO eventually, game looks awesome etc. But I'm really excited for the future of the series. If we go back and look at R&C, and how Insomniac really added loads of new ideas with each installment. We can get an idea as what to expect for the sequels to SO.

my plain jane MC

xqbVfhn.jpg

KhCHgpy.jpg

You MAY have gotten scammed but I know there were some people earlier in the thread who didn't realize that there were 2 codes so maybe they just didn't know?

a lot of people don't realize there is a second code on the card

e: oh, what he said

Whew, this is exactly what happened. The guy stopped responding right after I messaged him about it not being the full game code so I thought for sure I had gotten ripped off. He was probably just as confused as I was. And nope not on Gaf.

I will say, kudos to MS support. I had put in the SSO DLC code first obviously, and it didn't show I owned anything after doing so, so I thought there was some MS error that had taken my code and invalidated the game some how. So I chatted with them and they basically told me to wait and hopefully the issue fixed itself.

Then about 5 minutes after disconnecting with them they call and tell me that the code I had entered was not for the game, but for the DLC only and to double check the card for the actual game code.

I was pleasantly surprised they not only accurately diagnosed the issue but took the time to call back to let me know.

Now hopefully since I used the DLC code first instead of the game code it will still recognize that I should have that DLC? We'll see I guess. At least I have the game now!

cluderi

Even though I moaned about the humor I had some Game credit so I eventually picked this up. I'm glad I did, it's not as bad as I thought and I'm really enjoying the game. Moving around the city seems well put together, the weapons are fun and work well and once I stopped trying to play it like crackdown (I miss crackdown) I started to do ok in it.

Probably the best MS exclusive so far and I really hope Imsomniac do well from it. Only a few hours in but I'm tempted to check in the DLC to see fight season pass is worth it.

Probably the best MS exclusive so far and I really hope Imsomniac do well from it. Only a few hours in but I'm tempted to check in the DLC to see fight season pass is worth it.

DLC is 2 new areas with missions and an extra weapons pack or something. Could be quite meaty? Only $20/£16

VanWinkle

I haven't played this game in days. :( But I have good reason: my fiancee and I finally got a place to call our own, and it's a bit of a fixer-upper, so we've been working on that any time we aren't working at our jobs.

Fuchsdh

Personally I think the female VA is much better but as said above you can change

Yeah I switched to female because I heard that a lot of people preferred the female VA. I don't think one's better than the other, but I think the guy overall sounds a little more sarcastic. To me it's not a great big difference. I think from switching back and forth I actually kind of like each VA more or less for different relationships with other characters.

Massive props to Insomniac for allowing you to make customizations at any stage in the game. I don't like worrying myself over if I've made my character the exact right way when I should just be getting into the swing of things.

Tall Paul

So just done the train bit so barely scratched the surface but hope to put in some tine tonight. Starting to get the hang of traversing but just need a bit more to click. Great so far.

Ushay

I just reached another base with the
Live Action Roleplayers
, how far am I?

P.S. This games rocks, so refreshing, gave me a good chuckle a few times too.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I just reached another base with the
Live Action Roleplayers
, how far am I?

P.S. This games rocks, so refreshing, gave me a good chuckle a few times too.

About a quarter of the way in.

EDIT: Oops, Poodlestrike is right, I forgot about the
Bushido scouts

Grisby

Got the Propain Launcher after 43 something (forgot what it says on the character screen) deals of chaos squad.

Had to get off though so I'll try it out when I get back on.

Matchew

I love this game probably my GOTY and some of the jokes are pretty good. When I unlocked the air dash (?) my guy said "I didn't even have to check gamefaqs" not sure why I thought that was so funny but it brought back memories of my friends and myself checking gamefaqs for everything when we were little. Good times.

Mrbob

Do we have an idea when details of the season pass will be available? I'm looking at picking it up but I have a rule where I wait for details to be released before purchasing season passes. The one time I broke it for Destiny I made a huge mistake and won't do so again.

Korosenai

I just got all of the achievements (downtown chaos squad was the last one I needed) and I passed neoponta again last night to retake my number 1 spot on the Fizzco smash challenge.

It's been a hell of a ride, but I think I'm done with this game now until the first dlc comes out. This is easily the best Xbox one exclusive game yet.

Kalm

Can one of you lucky bastards post a clip of the propane launcher doing it's thing? Pretty, pretty please.

I'm infinitely curious as I've come so damn close twice now and it's heartbreaking. :p

Top Bottom