• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

E92 M3

Yeah I switched to female because I heard that a lot of people preferred the female VA. I don't think one's better than the other, but I think the guy overall sounds a little more sarcastic. To me it's not a great big difference. I think from switching back and forth I actually kind of like each VA more or less for different relationships with other characters.

Massive props to Insomniac for allowing you to make customizations at any stage in the game. I don't like worrying myself over if I've made my character the exact right way when I should just be getting into the swing of things.

Switching to female was the best decision I did. The game became a lot more enjoyable.

Pedersen

So awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Nice run! Awesome Share!

Thanks guys. This game is just so addicting, it's Trials HD all over again.
Here I am, hungover, just thinking I will finish off some challenges and then I get 22. place without really trying, thinking "Hmm, if I put my mind to it, maybe i'll climb the ranks" And then tenth place, fifth place, still seeing ways to cut of some time and BAM the whole day is gone! I'm in love

ViciousDS

Banned
hey guys my buddy bought the game physical and he's having a graphical error in the game there are black boxes all over the ground he can't see his feet and it's the only game is having graphical problems with he has returned the game once already reinstall the game in Whole I'm not sure what to do to help them anyone else have any problems with this

hey guys my buddy bought the game physical and he's having a graphical error in the game there are black boxes all over the ground he can't see his feet and it's the only game is having graphical problems with he has returned the game once already reinstall the game in Whole I'm not sure what to do to help them anyone else have any problems with this

Sounds like it might be a GPU problem with the console.

Vestal

Hmm sounds like a hardware problem. Last resort before calling MS would be a full OS reset just incase its a software OS issue.

ViciousDS

Banned
It was the same on the 360. Lots of games would work fine and then you'd come across one where the screen would be filled with black boxes/triangles or a checkerboard effect.

Yeah, I'm going with a GPU problem.

Man, days before mcc.....hes going to be pissed

Wow buddies going to trade it in, and get the call of duty bundle....

Which means some unlucky person down the line is going to get his console...because he cant fucking wait a week for a new console. His excuse was that he didnt spend $120 on new games to wait to play them

If anyone wants a Sunset Overdrive (Physical Copy) I will trade it for COD: Advanced Warfare , or the assassins creed unity/black flag bundle codes.

( I won a copy Via the ARG they had, but I already have a digital copy)

EDIT: GONE

eshwaaz

Can one of you lucky bastards post a clip of the propane launcher doing it's thing? Pretty, pretty please.

I'm infinitely curious as I've come so damn close twice now and it's heartbreaking. :p
They use it in this stage demo at about 4:13: Stage Demo
It still irks me that you can only unlock this weapon in Chaos Squad.

jacksrb

Have liked this game from the start, but I am loving it now that I have gotten a little further in (still only several few hours in - two kids under 3 stomp on my gaming time). I really like the humor and how lightly death is taken. Just play crazy and keep moving - no worry if you die!

From the start you can tell the foundation is solid, but doing the quests for the
Oxfords
really showed how varied and silly the game will be. Also helps that the more powerful you become, the more fun the game is.
The robo-dog quest was awesome and going to the safe room at the top of the condo complex was a nice try platforming exercise (the harpoons can kill people, blow up barrells, or attach to targets!).

Can't wait to play more! For those who liked the first bit but didn't feel a big pull to get back in, keep pushing.

Also, the small water dash is lovely.

Downloading the game right now! Got the last bundle in a 100 mile radius this morning!
So excited to finally get to play.

I'm also looking to buy/trade for some of the DLC. I own the Nothin' but the Hits gun, the Fizzie outfit, the Hardcore! Hammer, and the Rock N' Hop headphones. Anything else is fair game. PM me if you're interested!

Badosh

Finally finished it.

The fake ending got me. lul'd hard.

GOTY so far, it was beyond fun. Reminded me of the kind of fun I had with the first ratchet and clank trilogy. Insomniac are awesome.

Bessy67

Kinda OT, but has anyone gotten their $15 from the Xbox rewards MS store preorder thingy? I was kinda hoping to put that towards Halo or Dragon Age...

Compsiox

Banned
Just beat it!

Shout out to Gaf was great as well as the game!

Did anyone else find the Jetset Radio Easter Egg where you make graffiti art over an Ad?

If not I took a video and will post tomorrow.

eshwaaz

Just beat it; watching the credits roll. Holy crap - what a game. Fun, fun, fun, from start to finish. Far exceeded my expectations. I hope this is a huge seller for Insomniac - they so deserve it.

Elixist

liking it alot. grinding and bouncing around is a blast as is the satisfaction in killing the OD and the scabs. most of the self aware stuff is quite clever and well done. music eeehhh is ok i turned it way down. the game kinda gives me a headache after playing for awhile with so much camera movement.

Elle_

Neo Member
Been having way too much fun dressing up. Currently rocking the drum major hat.

aZbo5Xt.jpg

Assuming I'm not misremembering I'm pretty sure it's buyable from the merchant after you meet the third faction (
the LARPers
).

Thanks.

I don't know how far I'm off meeting them, the last story mission I did before getting caught up in doing challenges and looking for high points and having fun using air dash was
the Fizzie boss battle.

How many missions until I meet them?

Even though I moaned about the humor I had some Game credit so I eventually picked this up. I'm glad I did, it's not as bad as I thought and I'm really enjoying the game. Moving around the city seems well put together, the weapons are fun and work well and once I stopped trying to play it like crackdown (I miss crackdown) I started to do ok in it.

Probably the best MS exclusive so far and I really hope Imsomniac do well from it. Only a few hours in but I'm tempted to check in the DLC to see fight season pass is worth it.

Just wait till you get near the end and get the air dash. Movement changes dramatically in a really really great way. Soon you'll be chaining X200 movement combos and shit just going crazy all around you. It's insanely fun.

webkatt

As I play Chaos Squad more and more the less I like it.

Getting that Destiny feeling with the roulette prizes....

I wish the game did a better job explaining Chaos Mode. I got several boosted weapons and didn't know what I got.

Basically a + next to a weapon in roulette is a boosted version of that weapon. I couldn't tell you what exactly is booted though.

As I play Chaos Squad more and more the less I like it.

Getting that Destiny feeling with the roulette prizes....

I wish the game did a better job explaining Chaos Mode. I got several boosted weapons and didn't know what I got.

Basically a + next to a weapon in roulette is a boosted version of that weapon. I couldn't tell you what exactly is booted though.

Yeah. Exactly how I felt. I've played about 10 games, and usually got no less than a 4 bar roll. But it just got stale. That's why I'd love a coop free-roam. No time limits. Kill count totals. Go.

T.O.P

Banned
As i breezed through all the Points and Traversal challenges with easy gold metals

I can't get past a bronze for Bucks challenges lmao

For someone who just got their X1 yesterday, how long does it take to adapt to the controls to the point where you are traversing while in combat at ease? I played about an hour last night and the first mission where I had to protect the VAT(?) felt like I didn't really know what I was doing.

T.O.P

Banned
For someone who just got their X1 yesterday, how long does it take to adapt to the controls to the point where you are traversing while in combat at ease? I played about an hour last night and the first mission where I had to protect the VAT(?) felt like I didn't really know what I was doing.

3 hours tops

When it all comes together it really feels amazing (air dash makes it even better)

The VAT defense missions are the least enjoyable part until you get some decent traps and weapons, I was confused at that point as well. You should get the hang of it soon.

Top Bottom