• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

So, my controller randomly rumbles during this game. Only this game. I've noticed a few people on other boards post about it, but it's still kinda weird.

Maybe something to do with me being in the preview program?

So, my controller randomly rumbles during this game. Only this game. I've noticed a few people on other boards post about it, but it's still kinda weird.

No, it seems to be SSO specific, so it's probably not the preview program. Very odd, and it's shooting my battery life to hell. Hope Insomniac fixes it soon :(

T.O.P

Banned

I got it as well and it happens randomly, no idea y

Anyway, COD mp is sucking me in more than i thought so i decided to stop play that and get back to focus on this, i'm feeling compelled to 1000/1000 the game...gonna be tough :)

Yes from scratch. Not at home but I don't remember seeing a place to create a new character on my profile.

If you want to create a new one from scratch you can either start on a different profile, or you can go to "manage game" in the xbox dashboard and permanently delete your save to start over. I'd recommend the first one personally.

Lynn616

If you want to create a new one from scratch you can either start on a different profile, or you can go to "manage game" in the xbox dashboard and permanently delete your save to start over. I'd recommend the first one personally.

Thanks. A bit silly that you have to delete your save data. Should have more than one save. I will just use another profile. Thanks again.

RSB

Banned
So, I guess it's not possible to change the control scheme then. Bummer.

The movement mechanics in this game are amazing, but having jump on A feels really bad.

I hope Bumper Jumper gets added in an update or something. Or better yet, the option to remap the controls however we want.

Game did seriously start bugging out on me, though. A lot of times when I have to talk to people for quests, it just won't do anything or give a black screen. Annoying. Usually fast traveling away fixes it, only once had to quit to the dashboard.

Tall Paul

Right!!! I couldn't take it anymore...just downloading digital version...seeing so much positiveness about the game as seems to have a real old skool influence as well. Looks like MCC will have to wait in its wrapper....or ACU..this is a new IP and I'm all in.

RoKKeR

Does the second one upgrade the overdrive stats higher than the first one? So if Increase damage to OD at level 4 or whatever is 25% but on the second one perhaps its like 40%? Not sure

Either that or its just a penalty for people being able to use the overdrive twice

I think of the Sacrifice overdrives as a way to hyper-specialize, for those that want to. You go for the regular damage Overdrives first, then the more expensive Sacrifice ones later, if for whatever reason you really, really need to do more damage in a particular way.
Alright, that makes sense.

Also, should I be buying up weapons from Two Hat? I'm still rolling w/most of the defaults.

Lynn616

Still working on my vintage Fizzie, i decided to make him stand instead of keeping the original position.

B12F00qIgAA_98X.png

Kinda satisfied with it, even if there's something that doesn't fully convince me, yet i don't know what.
Onto the rest of the poster now! :d

Looks great. Did you see flkraven suggestion?

This is an awesome idea. One thing to note, instead of aluminum cans, how would orange glass bottles look? Might be more era-appropriate if it looks good.

Nuke Soda

Anybody know of any good youtubers doings LPs of this. All the videos I have tried to watch the people have been both annoying and kind of terrible at the game.

So I just got to the part where I meet the larpers, and Chandler is totally voiced by the guy who did Kevin French in Mission Hill (Scott Menville).

I was stoked when I heard that tiny nasal sound of Kevin.

Grisby

Game did seriously start bugging out on me, though. A lot of times when I have to talk to people for quests, it just won't do anything or give a black screen. Annoying. Usually fast traveling away fixes it, only once had to quit to the dashboard.
This happened to me about 3 times too. Black screen but I could hear menu stuff going on in the background. I restarted the game and it fixed it. Still a little odd.

zorbsie

Still can't get the downtown chaos squad cheevo. Any tips for the night defense part? Any one want to squad up and run it as a group?

Kalm

Still can't get the downtown chaos squad cheevo. Any tips for the night defense part? Any one want to squad up and run it as a group?

I'm stuck there too.

I don't think there's anything you can do other than getting lucky with the round votes though

I guess it's possible that I might have completely misunderstood how the achievement works...but isn't it just about getting the "Chaos Level %" to a certain point? I don't think it has anything to do with personal/group performance during night defense.

I've done Downtown many, many times with randoms and we've never failed. It always ends with us just holding out against a dozen (basically un-killable) Wingers until time runs out. I just haven't hit the 1650% chaos level yet, I guess.

EDIT:
Also, should I be buying up weapons from Two Hat? I'm still rolling w/most of the defaults.

It's probably best to pick one of the weapon types -- Auto, Single-shot, Deployable - and go "all-in" so you can focus your overdrives. If you'll eventually head towards Chaos Squad, there's a few that are worth leveling.

Some best-in-class (for getting points in Chaos Squad, at least) and alternates:

Auto: Roman Candle (The Shocker, Charge Beam...kind of. It's hard to use properly and needs to be lv.5)
Single: Hairspray Bomb (TNTeddy)
Deployable: Acid Sprayer (Turret Copter)

AoE is king in CS.

Kalm

Dat Excalimune. Trying to get around 80.000 overcharge for those final treasure maps, just grinding and killed. :lol

Have you finished the story up to the mission "Getting the Band Back Together"?

Replaying the drum section of that mission is mindlessly repetitive but it brings in tons of overcharge and you can level a bunch of weapons at the same time.

Chaos Squad works too; slower but more fun.

Have you finished the story up to the mission "Getting the Band Back Together"?

Replaying the drum section of that mission is mindlessly repetitive but it brings in tons of overcharge and you can level a bunch of weapons at the same time.

Chaos Squad works too; slower but more fun.

Just cruising around the city with Excalimune atm, before turning it in. Already have all sidequests done, so I don't have much else to do.

Kalm

Just cruising around the city with Excalimune atm, before turning it in. Already have all sidequests done, so I don't have much else to do.

Ah, good call.

Does it work in the un-neutered form during Chaos Squad?

It hadn't even occurred to me to give that a try...

Just got it from Amazon today, it was still the day one version. =] Installing and updating now but can't play until early tomorrow cause of Blizzcon.

Korosenai

Me and a fellow gamer are currently having a battle over the top spot in Fizzco Smash Challenge 2. He has passed me three times, and I passed him this morning for the fourth time to take back the top spot again.

Every time we pass each other, it is by less than 0.4 seconds. It's pretty intense.

jesu

So, I guess it's not possible to change the control scheme then. Bummer.

The movement mechanics in this game are amazing, but having jump on A feels really bad.

I hope Bumper Jumper gets added in an update or something. Or better yet, the option to remap the controls however we want.

Has 'A' for jump not been standard forever?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Just finished the campaign, awesome ending! Loved the
NeoGAF shoutout
obviously.

Gonna get the season's pass as well. There really needs to be a way to replay the story without deleting your save or using another profile though. I already want to go through the campaign again.

So about that sequel....

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

There really needs to be a way to replay the story without deleting your save or using another profile though.

You can replay any story (or side quest) mission by going to the missions list in the pause menu...it's the first thing that pops up when you pause the game. They're in alphabetical order and not in story order, though.

Shadders

I finished the main story in this last night, really great game. It's weird how it starts out a bit meh and just gets better and better. By the time the credits rolled I was pretty gutted it was over, a real contender for my GOTY.

I found the actor for the male player to be quite irritating, but switched to the lady player and found her.. like.. really likeable. Presumably they have the same script (?), but she just delivers lines so much better.

It didn't feel like there was a great deal of music, and even though tonally they obviously want to go for punk/rock, having been playing Horizon lately I like being able to jump between genres.

Can't wait to see where Insomniac take this.

I noticed this too, I thought it might be my controller because I did drop it earlier, but it wasn't doing it in FIFA or Forza this evening.

Allforce

Just finished the campaign, awesome ending! Loved the
NeoGAF shoutout
obviously.

Gonna get the season's pass as well. There really needs to be a way to replay the story without deleting your save or using another profile though. I already want to go through the campaign again.

So about that sequel....

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

What's the
shout out say
? I missed it. Credits are rolling now.

jesu

I finished the main story in this last night, really great game. It's weird how it starts out a bit meh and just gets better and better. By the time the credits rolled I was pretty gutted it was over, a real contender for my GOTY.

I found the actor for the male player to be quite irritating, but switched to the lady player and found her.. like.. really likeable. Presumably they have the same script (?), but she just delivers lines so much better.

It didn't feel like there was a great deal of music, and even though tonally they obviously want to go for punk/rock, having been playing Horizon lately I like being able to jump between genres.

Can't wait to see where Insomniac take this.

I noticed this too, I thought it might be my controller because I did drop it earlier, but it wasn't doing it in FIFA or Forza this evening.

It's dynamic, the more you jump around the more frantic the music gets.

RSB

Banned
Has 'A' for jump not been standard forever?
A for jump works great in 2d platformers and other games where you don't need to use the right stick, but in a game like Sunset Overdrive it would be much better to have jump mapped to LB (Bumper Jumper)

It really sucks not having the option to change the controls. Hopefully they'll fix that in a patch. With the MCC realeasing in just a few days, I guess I can wait.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
A for jump works great in 2d platformers and other games where you don't need to use the right stick, but in a game like Sunset Overdrive it would be much better to have jump mapped to LB (Bumper Jumper)

It really sucks not having the option to change the controls. Hopefully they'll fix that in a patch. With the MCC realeasing in just a few days, I guess can wait.

yup.

Probably not gonna play this, but I ran into an ex co-worker homie on BART the other day and he told me his band (Meat Market) wrote some stuff for the game, so I'm super stoked on that.

Allforce

This a billion times.

I know these things are decided months if not years in advance but there really should have been some serious thought about putting the female character model on all the marketing for this game. The guy is so MONUMENTALLY douchey and the woman is so infinitely like-able it's like playing a completely different game.

This has been the year of the all these topics raised about diveristy in gaming and here we have a fantastic game with an amazing female lead with great VO and a positive attitude and instead we get "Durr I'm a coolbro punk rock bro-sef, check the 'tude dude!!" all over the boxart, tv ads, and in-game. I bet 80% of the players of this game just use the default guy from the cover and never know what they're missing....shame.

BraXzy

Me and a fellow gamer are currently having a battle over the top spot in Fizzco Smash Challenge 2. He has passed me three times, and I passed him this morning for the fourth time to take back the top spot again.

Every time we pass each other, it is by less than 0.4 seconds. It's pretty intense.

Is your GT the same as your GAF username? I want me some challenge.. challenges :D

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
You can replay any story (or side quest) mission by going to the missions list in the pause menu...it's the first thing that pops up when you pause the game. They're in alphabetical order and not in story order, though.

Yeah I know you can replay the missions but you don't get to see all the cutscenes and stuff that way.

What's the
shout out say
? I missed it. Credits are rolling now.

It's during the false ending, your character interrupts the scrolling names and says something like "you can't end the game like that, NeoGAF will tear you apart".

I had to take a short and very unfortunate hiatus from this game over the last few days (too much work), but I'm hoping to jump back in tonight.

BraXzy

Weird.. my game keeps crashing when I browse the leaderboards?

Is this a known issue? It's done it four times.

On a brighter note, in the challenges that I've actually tried to get a good score on, my rank falls anywhere between #26 to #160 :D

Top Bottom