• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Detective

I got this game with the white bundle and having a blast with the campaign.

Stupid question:

How do I play online? MP?

I can't find a way to do that.

FeD.nL

This game is just so refreshing and instantly gratifying, just played some Chaos squad and Insomniac just nailed the fun part of their game, I can't say it enough but every aspect of the game is just such a joy to play. It surpassed my expectations ten-fold.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yeah. Exactly how I felt. I've played about 10 games, and usually got no less than a 4 bar roll. But it just got stale. That's why I'd love a coop free-roam. No time limits. Kill count totals. Go.

and destiny style pulic events

Holy shit the last three story missions.

Bryllcream, Norton Dragon and the Fargarths aka LARPers

HOLY SHIT.

This game just went up one more place in my GoTY list.

Incredible.

silva1991

Kudos to Insomniac on an awesome game! Love the GoT shut out in the hardcore mission. HARDCORE!

lol

hodor.jpg

E92 M3

As I play Chaos Squad more and more the less I like it.

Getting that Destiny feeling with the roulette prizes....

I wish the game did a better job explaining Chaos Mode. I got several boosted weapons and didn't know what I got.

Basically a + next to a weapon in roulette is a boosted version of that weapon. I couldn't tell you what exactly is booted though.

I wish chaos squad was actually more co-op based. Right now it's a competition to see who can kill first to get the points. Enemies are limited and some people have the nuke amp. Kinda dislike that aspect.

Megasoum

Banned
I started getting waypoint issues lately. Like a waypoint that shows up on the map but not on the minimap or in the real world or vice versa.

Slixshot

Banned
Really enjoying my time with this game. Is there a way what challenges are completed other than going to them and starting them?

silva1991

Really enjoying my time with this game. Is there a way what challenges are completed other than going to them and starting them?

From the menu screen go to the challenges and scroll down to see which ones you completed and which ones you didn't

you actually fast travel to the new challenges from the menu

Megasoum

Banned
So huh... I'm doing the "Awesomesmithing" quest and I've been killing fizzbot for liek 20min now non stop and they just respawn.

Tinabina

So huh... I'm doing the "Awesomesmithing" quest and I've been killing fizzbot for liek 20min now non stop and they just respawn.

the game bugged out on me too at that quest. You will want to get killed somehow and just do that part over again and it should work.

dankir

Hmm I think the Level 5 Hairspray bottle rocket / bombs are too OP. I've played the first four chaos mode levels placed 1st everytime and beat all the night defense missions pretty easily.

Amp it up with Nuclear explosion amp and its pretty big joke. Only thing you need to manage is mixing it up with a jumping melee smash attack, jump back in the air and repeat.

I guess running out of a ammo can be annoying but its way too powerful. Especially when there's tons of enemies on screen. Just aim randomly lol.

Megasoum

Banned
the game bugged out on me too at that quest. You will want to get killed somehow and just do that part over again and it should work.

Yup that did it.

Thanks!

Edit: Huh... About the Fizzco's mole sidequests.... Is it normal the
the mole at the end turns out to look just like you it was just a coincidence?

cluderi

Just wait till you get near the end and get the air dash. Movement changes dramatically in a really really great way. Soon you'll be chaining X200 movement combos and shit just going crazy all around you. It's insanely fun.

Yep, just met the third faction and air dashed my way around a bunch of quests for them. They've really put some solid thought into how missions vary and the world works with player movement. I struggled a little at first but now the controls feel very natural, really enjoying It.

Phreaker

Beat the final mission today. First game I beat this generation, woot! I have a habit of getting board and not finishing games, but this was entertaining fun the whole way through. Now time some more MP, challenges and collectables!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
al-lu-min-ni-um

terrific Gamescom demo story.

Sophie who leads a lot of our international PR effort and it was one of my favortist peoples, is British.

She walked into the BCD demo at gamescom right at the portion of this mission. Right as the female character made fun of the British pronunciation. The timing was amazing, and I was giggling before it happened because I knew she wouldn't be able to hide her reaction. So good.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
When are they going to fix the crushed blacks?

the only issue is if you are playing on a computer monitor that expects full output because you can't adjust the brightness in game currently (that brightness slider is broken).

If you're on an HDTV the game looks as intended at the default setting, assuming your TV is calibrated.

We'll be fixing the brightness adjust in the game in a future patch

Zomba13

So I got all the phones, amp ingredients, view points, eavesdrops and tagged all the billboards. I still have 15 shoes left over though after getting all the amps from the amp shop and I dunno why. Should I?

Just put 6 hours into the game, I love it. My only problem is the music cutting out randomly and just getting sound effects, it sounds weird.

Doffen

So if there is a sequel in the future that is not set in Sunset City, should it still be called Sunset Overdrive 2?

Put 6 hours straight into this today, thats the most use my Xbone has had since launch besides watching tv. I love this game, I'd recommend buying a xbone for it :D Its just pure fun.

Isurus

Just finished the game about an hour ago. My GOTY so far; I haven't that much fun in quite some time and intend to keep playing it. Also, the NeoGaf reference at the end was great.

valeo

So if there is a sequel in the future that is not set in Sunset City, should it still be called Sunset Overdrive 2?

Nope, they should totally call it something different and then have to pour millions more dollars into marketing.

I completed the game earlier today along with all the collectibles. I decided to buy any leftover amps that I didn't purchase but found myself unable to purchase the Bloom amp because I didn't have enough of the required collectible.

The thing is I am almost positive that I already purchased this amp before. My theory is that there is some sort of glitch tied to that quest that incorporates this amp with Las Catrinas because I am pretty sure that I bought the amp before this quest and now I need to buy it again and I can't because I already spent all the collectibles already.

Is anybody else having a similar issue where they are unable to purchase all the amps for whatever reason? Or am I just a crazy person and it's actually impossible to own all the amps and I am misremembering things?

I apologize if this has been addressed already.

Has anyone else experienced the glitch where the controller is disconnected message won't go away after the console goes to sleep? It happens every time I wake my console up and the only way to get rid of it is to restart the game completely.

Top Bottom