• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

danowat

Banned
Anyone had these issues with the game?.

1) It drains the battery of my controller really, really quickly, it seems to be vibrating my controller very slightly most of the time, and I can't figure out why.

2) Re-quests quest, I get to the blue area to search for objective, but objective never appears, or I just can't find it, I am supposed to knock on some doors.

Other than that, that notch game.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Just got the last of the four Chaos achievements. I still don't have Over-Amped though. Hopefully I'll get it before I finish grinding Overcharge to buy the last of the Weapons.

Mr White

My character for Chaos Squad

YcBp69g.jpg

Anyone had these issues with the game?.

1) It drains the battery of my controller really, really quickly, it seems to be vibrating my controller very slightly most of the time, and I can't figure out why.

Yes, the impulse triggers keep vibrating, especially the right one. Not exactly all the time, but it seems to appear randomly, without any cause, and it won't go away for a while. I noticed it with the LARPers first, but it's still there during the Las Catrinas quest line.

Yes, the impulse triggers keep vibrating, especially the right one. Not exactly all the time, but it seems to appear randomly, without any cause, and it won't go away for a while. I noticed it with the LARPers first, but it's still there during the Las Catrinas quest line.
Yup, I was wondering if there was a way to turn it off but nope:( the impulse triggers are annoying.

danowat

Banned

As least I am not going mad and imagining it then!!!!

Wonder why it's doing it?, it's the only game I have that has this issue, I've taken to playing SSOD with the cord connected.

Footos22

Got all the cheevos apart from downtown chaos squad and blimps. wish ppl werent so shit at this game or trying to do it with level 1 weapons and then it might be possible

As least I am not going mad and imagining it then!!!!

Wonder why it's doing it?, it's the only game I have that has this issue, I've taken to playing SSOD with the cord connected.

yeah i get that too. very random. and slightly annoying

FLEABttn

Banned
Try using the ground slam jump (pressing jump right after you do a ground slam) and then air dashing to it, maybe?

There doesn't seem to be anything to slam jump off of that's close enough to where I can get to it with an air dash. I've tried a number of angles with no luck.

Isn't that hamburger balloon bounce'able?

Some of the seemingly out-of-reach ones require a undergrind-swing-jump thing, iirc. I can't check that specific one as all my Fizzies are gone.

Maybe that's the solution but I can't figure out a good way to get up to that hamburger balloon.

Bessy67

I have not seen those outfit pieces. Where did you get them?
Pretty sure the chest plate is from the excalamune challenge near the hospital. The shirt is the Fargarthian corset hoodie and the gloves are the work gloves, but I don't remember if those were rewards or if you buy them.

I have to say, after getting used to the air dash, this game has the best traversal system I've ever used in a game. It is so much fun to go from one objective to the next.

I haven't finished the game yet but I'm already hoping that this game does well enough to warrant a sequel.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I believe if you get the controller vibrating bug you can turn the controller off and back on and it should fix.

that's on our list of stuff

I finished the story mod earlier today and legit laughed out load at the
GAF mention.
I read that it happens before I bought the game, but I had completely forgotten.

Fuchsdh

I have to say, after getting used to the air dash, this game has the best traversal system I've ever used in a game. It is so much fun to go from one objective to the next.

I haven't finished the game yet but I'm already hoping that this game does well enough to warrant a sequel.

I still use fast travel, but the amount of use it gets is vastly lower than any open world game I've played before, so I think that's a big point in the game's favor.

As for sequels… when I've got a game that I like, I'm always wary of jinxing it by wanting a sequel :)

Gotta chime in to say I'm loving this game. It's got a beautiful world that is a treat for the eyes in itself but it's also one of the only open world games I actually had a blast just playing and felt rewarded doing the missions rather than feeling like I was forcing myself through. Also all that crazy customization which I'm always a sucker for.

Probably the biggest pleasant surprise game I have had since Dishonored and definitely my GOTY.

This is where I am at. I usually loathe open world games but SO is fantastic. Just traversing the city is insanely fun when you get a good chain going. The missions are varied and interesting, the humor has made me laugh a bunch, the combat is engaging, the world is beautiful etc etc.

Biggest surprise for me in a while.

I don't think I've used fast-travel once in this game. The world is just too damn beautiful and fun to traverse, I don't want to skip any of it.

Vico

New Sunset TV and no mention of the first community challenge, so I guess we failed?

:'(

Shield gun looks interesting but it doesn't seem like it would be that useful unless you're running around on the ground, and I'm not on the ground much.

What is the reward of a community challenge?

Mr White

Pretty sure the chest plate is from the excalamune challenge near the hospital. The shirt is the Fargarthian corset hoodie and the gloves are the work gloves, but I don't remember if those were rewards or if you buy them.
Yup, but basically, I just completed all challenges and bought everything from Calista.

I don't think I've used fast-travel once in this game. The world is just too damn beautiful and fun to traverse, I don't want to skip any of it.
Try it. It most meaningful fast travel system

Vico

Should have unlocked two multiplayer achievements, but there is nothing. I guess I'll see later.

Nothing much. I think it's only a couple thousand dollars. IMO the challenges would be better if they unlocked unique clothing options.

Ok. Yeah, that'd be more meaningful.

dankir

This game is easy as shit except the downtown chaos mode... Holy shit. I must of failed this 6 times today. The others were so damn easy too!

Megasoum

Banned
So, I'm about to start the base defense quest in Downtown
(before the concert)

How close am I to the end of the game?

Not that I'm not loving it but Halo is downloading so I'm running out of time lol.

Wizman23

Banned
Playing this game makes me remember why I love videogames. It's such pure, unfiltered fun.

Seriously. Great fucking job, Insomniac.

Could not have said it better. Especially with all the bullshit going on this week with the MCC and AC Unity. Sunset Overdrive is like the one shining star of hope in this industry that is heading straight down the shitter

Bessy67

This game is easy as shit except the downtown chaos mode... Holy shit. I must of failed this 6 times today. The others were so damn easy too!
Yeah, they really ramp up the difficulty in downtown. In the harbor district there are only a handful of wingers towards the end but in downtown there are tons of wingers for pretty much the whole time.

Megasoum

Banned
Well I was about to write here that the ending was pretty underwhelming but before I could hit the "Submit" button the game proved, once again, that it's the fucking GOTY hahahahahaha omg.

Top Bottom