• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Also when I beat chaos mode missions had a question about the prizes you get. So the screen where it shows your point totals / rewards I'll get weapons with a plus logo.

So are they just unlocking weapons as a gift ( even though I them all ) or is another version with two amp slots?

Thanks

I think it increases the ammo capacity? I have no idea though!

What will the season pass provide, new amps and chaos missions I'm assuming?

Also when I beat chaos mode missions had a question about the prizes you get. So the screen where it shows your point totals / rewards I'll get weapons with a plus logo.

So are they just unlocking weapons as a gift ( even though I them all ) or is another version with two amp slots?

Thanks

Weapon boosts are temporary, generally they make the weapon deal more damage or the effects last longer (it depends on the weapon). They last for a certain number of shots (the number also depends on the gun for obvious reasons).

stay gold

I feel like im nearing the end of the story,
getting a band together?

This is one of the best games I've ever played, I don't want it to end :(

derFeef

Finished the main story at around 27 hours, still have some side missions open and did not touch MP. Man, serious personal GOTY contender, so much fun.

Thats exactly where I am at in only 7 hours =\ Story was damn short. I'll have fun going back for the extra quests I guess.

How many side quests did you do? There are a lot of them and I think generally its kind of meant to be done together. Its obviously up to you if you don't want to do it that way but if the only thing you want to do is the main quests then yeh, it'll end up being pretty short.

Crazy that people are finishing the story in seven hours or less. I always end up getting side tracked whenever I decide to do some story missions.

I spent close to an hour just levelling up my weapons yesterday as well as collecting some more TP/shoes/balloons to unlock some amps.

derFeef

Crazy that people are finishing the story in seven hours or less. I always end up getting side tracked whenever I decide to do some story missions.

I spent close to an hour just levelling up my weapons yesterday as well as collecting some more TP/shoes/balloons to unlock some amps.

You are doing it right. I always do that in open world games - and when I feel like I am getting tired of it a bit I progress through the story some more.

Mucudadada

Insomniac Games
So many of the little details in this game are hilarious. I was just exploring around the brewery base and found a board that lists the different beers they brew. Some of my favorites:

Your Friend's Mom Lager - Gets better with age
Sunlight Brothel IPA - A sharp dark with a healthy layer of yeast
German Sounding Beer Weiss - You'll be like, YUMLAUT!

Glad someone found those. :D

BraXzy

Haha, is that picture traversal challenge 3 or something else?

Nah, the picture is Challenge 1 I believe. I didn't manage to get past you, but Challenge 3 I'm on the exact same score, but classed as #2 on my list, boooo!

Challenges are so much fun, I've barely even done any of the story in my play time, I'm only just about to meet the
LARPers
I think. I'm guessing I'm half way ish?

Just beat the game yesturday (without sidequests) and I have to say it is 100% my GOTY!

It made me laugh, and the missions mixed with the humor, traversal, and different guns made the game not seem as repetitive as it may have actually been.

ENDING SPOILERS... SERIOUSLY ITS THE BEST JOKE IN THE GAME... DONT RUIN THIS FOR YOURSELF!
At the end when the first set of credits ran before the Giant Fizzco tentacle robot attacked when the player said "NeoGaf is gonna eat you alive" I couldn't stop laughing

Best purchase I have made all year.

RSB

Banned
So, has Insomniac said anything about including the option to customize the controls, or at least add more control schemes in a future patch?

The game is great, but I would really like to play this with jump mapped to LB...

Ecto311

Just beat the game yesturday (without sidequests) and I have to say it is 100% my GOTY!

It made me laugh, and the missions mixed with the humor, traversal, and different guns made the game not seem as repetitive as it may have actually been.

ENDING SPOILERS... SERIOUSLY ITS THE BEST JOKE IN THE GAME... DONT RUIN THIS FOR YOURSELF!
At the end when the first set of credits ran before the Giant Fizzco tentacle robot attacked when the player said "NeoGaf is gonna eat you alive" I couldn't stop laughing

Best purchase I have made all year.

Here is a clip that I recorded of the ending in the spoilers above. Dont click it if you havent beat it but I saved it since I thought it was really good. Had no idea it was coming.
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...o311&vid=7b006244-012b-4658-8318-cb4348b82274

FaintDeftone

I have to say, after about 3 hours of playing, this game just isn't for me. I've tried so hard to like it but so many elements turn me off.

I can't stand the "automated" shooting mechanics. The weapons are not that fun to me. Moving around the city isn't half as fun as it is in Infamous for me. The missions all feel the same excluding the occasional helicopter or train chasing mission. Once I played the third or fourth tower defense portion, I was pretty much done. I can't stand tower defense elements shoehorned into games.

I can see why people like it, but I just can't stay interested in it. I feel like I'm forcing myself to finish it. That being said, I'm not a fan of Ratchet & Clank either so I guess Insomniac's style just don't click with me.

Definitely my most overrated game of the year.

SlickVic

It's all about using a combo of the chopper gun, acid sprinkler, and tnteddy/hairspray gun... The higher your style the more points you'll get.

Yeah, it can be hard to beat people who have hairspray guns but it can be done. You just have to make sure you have overdrives that fit your play style. For instance I've used ammo capacity - automatic, sacrifice - automatic, sacrifice - weapons, high style - automatic weapons, quick style - level 2 and quick style - level 3 with a loadout consisting of the roman candle, high fidelity, ak-fu, shocker, murderang and charge rifle and gotten pretty great results.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just bought some of those new weapons so hopefully that'll help me out along with tweaking some of those amps.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
what an amazing game. i loved nearly every second of it. best new IP in quite some time.

Congratulations, you just described infamous.

And i have to say, i dont put up defense gloves for any game, but some of the comments you're making are objectively just not true.

By the time you get to your fourth defense tower, youve spent 7 hrs in campaign and are at the end of the game.

In that time span, you would have experienced the variety in missions which come up by the time you meet your second group.

I do not think youre lying by any means, but youre off or exagerating your descriptions of things that irk you.

And just because the whats are repetitive, doesnt mean you have to approach them the same way. The amp and badge system in conjunction with 20 weapons guve you far more variety in gameplay than you are even attempting.

Stick with it, watch some streams and it may very well grow and click for you

Yup. 3rd or 4th night defense 3 hours in... lol

Rizzi

I'm not very far in I don't think. I just
Got the propeller and then crashed the glider.
When can I start getting some good weapons?

Slixshot

Banned
This game is seriously just a blast to play. I'm having so much fun and I keep wanting to play more. It only saddens me that it will end :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This game is seriously just a blast to play. I'm having so much fun and I keep wanting to play more. It only saddens me that it will end :(

yeah, but then you just grind around chaining kills between scabs, OD, hurkers, and fizzco tanks. that never gets old, especially with the epic narrator amp.

Yup:( I've really connected with my character gonna be sad to end it.

Hands down one of the best games insomniac has made, ties with R2 for me. Will need to spend a lot of time with chaos before I can decide which I like better as I loved resistance 2's 8 player co op.

Megasoum

Banned
I have a blue waypoint on the map that says "Go to the Lost Catrina's last known location" but there's nothing when I get there.

Edit: nvm, it finally triggered.

Daigoro

finished the main story over the weekend, and im just going back and doing side quests now. finally got to try out Chaos Squad online. it's crazy!

love the references in this game. got the one about the
Arrested Development
one today and that put a big smile on my face.

love this game. its so fun! still have a crapload of achievements left to get, and i feel like doing most of them. got a ways to grind though.

I'm in the last part of the game. Gotta say, the "tower defense" sections are really my least favorite part

i think most people feel this way. but from what little ive played, they are 100x more fun online in chaos squad with a full group.

Doukou

One of my favorite games of the year so far and maybe my favorite. Probably the only game that I've played in awhile that made collectibles actually fun instead of just busywork. Took me like 25 hours to beat the game and 5 hours after that to get all the achievements.

It honestly cured my modern gaming malaise. You can just tell that Insomniac got the chance to invoke and laugh away many of their demons while making this thing, and the end result is just a blast to play.

Broank

Gotta chime in to say I'm loving this game. It's got a beautiful world that is a treat for the eyes in itself but it's also one of the only open world games I actually had a blast just playing and felt rewarded doing the missions rather than feeling like I was forcing myself through. Also all that crazy customization which I'm always a sucker for.

Probably the biggest pleasant surprise game I have had since Dishonored and definitely my GOTY.

Agreed. I've done 25 hours so far and I've only just reached the end of the Exclamune sword mission, those side missions are addictive!

Top Bottom