• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Dramos

Most of the game's mission designs are simple and repetitive. Yet, I am having so much fun with this game due to all the pop cultural references, combat and TRAVERSAL. I just finished the Fargathians section and it was the best part yet.

Kill3r7

Most of the game's mission designs are simple and repetitive. Yet, I am having so much fun with this game due to all the pop cultural references, combat and TRAVERSAL. I just finished the Fargathians section and it was the best part yet.

Agreed. The LARPERs was the best section of the game so far. Excellent humor, mission design and flow. My wife could not stop laughing watching me play it.

Cairnsay

Banned
Got the white Sunset Overdrive Xbox One bundle on Tuesday (so sexy) and have to say I am loving the game. At times I do feel a little like I am trying to keep a whole bunch of plates spinning at the same time, but its mostly just a complete blast just getting around and messing with the different guns. Haven't even tried messing about too much with traps yet either, just started doing missions for the troop.

I do agree that the comedy can hit cringe level at times, but when it gets it right it really nails it. As others have said, the
focus group
mission is one of the standout moments of this generation so far, and deserves some love as one of the 'moments' of the year in end of year lists.

On a side note also very much enjoying the Xbox One, I still think I will get multi-plats on the PS4 but in terms of exclusives I feel I have a lot to catch up on, Forza Horizon 2, Dead Rising 3, and Halo MCC being the three main ones. Also having had a 360 as my main console all through last gen there is something that feels like home about the One. Wish they had left the Achievements alone mind, never had a problem on 360 and already had the One Achievement app bug out on me twice.

JLck

Wow, just finished the story. Immense game.

Got so much left to do. Sorry for my impatience, I'm only about 2 minutes back in Sunset City so I'm probably jumping the gun - but is there no music post end-game?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I need the cash to buy the shocker, but I can't seem to connect to any online games... are there just aren't that many people online nowadays?

Chaos Squad is insane, so much going on at once. Hit detection seems a bit off though, more than a few cases where I'm pretty sure I should have died.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
The Dude is such a good gun, just wrecks nearly everything. Just got the Roman Candle Gun as well and aside from the range it too is awesome. Thinkin freeze bomb next.

stay gold

When do new melee weapons become available I'm doing LARP missions and only the bat is for sale at the vendor.

I don't think any other melee weapons become available to buy. The only ones I have are the pre order bonuses and ones obtained as rewards for story missions/side quests.

Footos22

Finished with this game now. replayability is pretty much nil unless your a leaderboard chaser. Chaos squads netcode is really bad for me. Hit detection problems are the worst. When you lay down 4 level 5 hairspray bombs in a massive horde of od and don't get one kill from it. You know it's really not worth the hassle. Must of played about 20 games and not got one amp from it. Also playing with randoms on downtown is rage inducing. Especially when you do all the highest chas missions and still don't have enough at the end. Not worth the frustration. Time to sell it on while there's so much more to play. Def a great game as I'd expect from my beloved insomniac.. But not really a goty contender. Def the best xbox one exclusive this year though.

I loved this game, but the side-missions were pretty lacklustre in their design. Super repetitive. They all seemed to be 'Go fetch *insert object here*: 0/5' type missions. I would have liked some more variety and originality.

Infamous: SS disappointed me in this area too. That being said, the side-missions were pretty much the only thing about the game I was disappointed by.

I loved this game, but the side-missions were pretty lacklustre in their design. Super repetitive. They all seemed to be 'Go fetch *insert object here*: 0/5' type missions. I would have liked some more variety and originality.

Infamous: SS disappointed me in this area too.

The side quests had some of the best variety I've seen in an open world game. Only a few were fetch quests...

Cavalier

Banned
This game was sold out at my Target and within 100 miles radius which held me back from getting it during B2G1. However, they had plenty of copies of Halo MCC. I thought demand was pretty low for this game? Dammit.

blakep267

When do new melee weapons become available I'm doing LARP missions and only the bat is for sale at the vendor.

as somebody already said, most of them aren't available to buy. You get them through missions

you get the Foam sword through the Awesome mission
Excalimune through the excalimune mission
And I believe the fizzco baton( lightsaber) is done by doing one of floyds flag missions

Bessy67

This game was sold out at my Target and within 100 miles radius which held me back from getting it during B2G1. However, they had plenty of copies of Halo MCC. I thought demand was pretty low for this game? Dammit.
It's the most popular game among people on my friends list. 42/120 have played it in the last 10 days.

Could just be a small shipment?

It's the most popular game among people on my friends list. 42/120 have played it in the last 10 days.

Yeah, 37 people have played it on mine. Pretty great...

This game is so awesome. I really hope that it sells enough to warrant a sequel. I know that I will be purchasing all the new content.

I NEED MOAR!!!

dork

Banned
I apologize if it's been asked before but if I beat the story can I free roam to do collectibles after or should I collect first?

Mine01

Same boat. Picked up the White bundle yesterday...Sunset is at 78% after being on pretty much all day downloading.

Wtf.
Actually i was able to play the intro at 30% then again at 50% and then at 80% i was able to play the full game.
It's worth the wait!

It really was :), its a pretty fun game, really funny.

Anyway, i'm new to xbox one, anyone pro tips for a begginer as me? Also, is a gamertag thread around for new owners?.

waveking

Banned
Finally got around to finishing the main story. Loved, loved, loved my time with the game!! Around 30 hours with very few sidequests, challenges and collectibles done. Spent a lot of time fooling around the city and in Chaos Squad :)

Any tips for 100%ing this game? I rarely ever bother with it but this game is so damn fun that I'd like to get every achievement before the DLC arrives :D

Footos22

Finally got around to finishing the main story. Loved, loved, loved my time with the game!! Around 30 hours with very few sidequests, challenges and collectibles done. Spent a lot of time fooling around the city and in Chaos Squad :)

Any tips for 100%ing this game? I rarely ever bother with it but this game is so damn fun that I'd like to get every achievement before the DLC arrives :D

Buy the maps get all the collectibles then pray to RNGsus you get award an amp in chaos squad.

Then pray again in Downtown chaos squad you get joined up with compotent players, then pray that RNGesus then awards you enough chaos across the match to get the score needed to get the achievement. I gave up on it. When I finally did get enough chaos I was with a few shit ppl. And the other 9 times I never even got past 1500 chaos.

Rahool in destiny is the most generous guy ever compared to this tbh.

Infamous: SS disappointed me in this area too. That being said, the side-missions were pretty much the only thing about the game I was disappointed by.

Same here.
I see a lot of potential in a sequel with a longer story, and better thought out side missions.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

I agree and just stopped doing any of them about half way through.

waveking

Banned
Buy the maps get all the collectibles then pray to RNGsus you get award an amp in chaos squad.

Then pray again in Downtown chaos squad you get joined up with compotent players, then pray that RNGesus then awards you enough chaos across the match to get the score needed to get the achievement. I gave up on it. When I finally did get enough chaos I was with a few shit ppl. And the other 9 times I never even got past 1500 chaos.

Rahool in destiny is the most generous guy ever compared to this tbh.
Haha, ok. I've played Downtown chaos just once and I got disconnected in the middle :(

Btw for people looking to upgrade their weapons and get that 15k OD killed achievement, the drummer mission is a nice place to do that. Just don't do the required objective and keep killing the endlessly respawning ODs. Spent about an hour and levelled up almost 10 of my weapons to max.Must have killed a million of those bastards in the process :)

Top Bottom