• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

piggychan

Anyone encountered this bug when trying out new clothes? Have to quit the whole game for it to unstuck.

yes is has happened to me once, man it was annoying.

also sometimes the ingame assets don't load quick enough.. There have been a few times when my character loaded up naked, he's pretty much naked anyway but when it loads fully butt naked... I almost spat out my drink !

I caught a pic of it before it loaded up the pants !!

http://s102.photobucket.com/user/secretsociety1/media/P1020408.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

MCD

SuperPac

Am I supposed to be leveling up amps on weapons? All mine are level 1. And is Level 5 the highest the weapons themselves go? I feel like I'm definitely missing out on some power but maybe not.

Oh man, I just finished the troop missions.

I loved how you chase the garbage truck through the city only to find out that Bryllcream has lost his arms and legs but not his spirit. The boss fight was pretty good too. It really used the traversal system well. I hope there are other missions like that. Great Fun.

I'm pretty close to moving this game to my GotY above Wolfenstein. I still have to beat the campaign and play some chaos squad but unless this thing falls on its face, it will have a great chance at winning the coveted PanicFreak Game of the Year 2014.

MCD

hxxp://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274795903289&gamertag=Mcdragon Live&vid=e997e36b-c759-4ed8-bf3a-c35eb1132642

Best moment ever. I love this game.

rokkerkory

Dude, normally I try not to hype up games for other people
But I have to say that SO is really a blast :)

Awesome. Totally jelly!

Dat pick up! You're in for hours of fun!

I got the same stuff as you minus the year of Gold. Both games are a blast, but play Sunset Overdrive first no matter what. Halo is having... issues. By the time you're done with SO, hopefully Halo's multiplayer will be in a more playable state. Maybe they'll even fix the framerate issues!

But seriously, SO is my GOTY.

Gratz, and welcome to the club! Where did you wind up snagging a SO bundle at this late in the game?

Thanks guys! I snagged this on Amazon on the 2nd but they just took their sweet time to deliver. lol

Can't wait to open her up. Have to wait to next weekend due to work travels. :(

trinest

Best game ever.

Okay maybe just this year but still.

Amazing.

Finished the main missions, still have heaps of side quests to do. What are the good guns? Cause seriously all the ones I thought would be cool are just charge beams or bombs, and they are really impractical.

Bessy67

Best game ever.

Amazing.

Finished the main missions, still have heaps of side quests to do. What are the good guns? Cause seriously all the ones I thought would be cool are just charge beams or bombs, and they are really impractical.
Hairspray bomb is probably the best gun in the game. Acid sprinkler, turret copter, propain launcher and roman candle are also really good.

SlickVic

I was hoping to avoid the multiplayer, but I guess they made it impossible.

Chaos Squad is pretty fun. Only thing that annoys me is they apparently made quite a few clothing items exclusive to Chaos Squad, and clothing items tend to be one of the rarer drops in that mode. As someone who really wants to get all the customization items in this game, it's turns it into quite a bit of a grind.

Wow, finished the game last night. Honestly one of the best original games I've played in years! I'm not too jaded with the industry, I think a lot of great stuff comes out regularly but this felt like something new and great, and not just great. Fantastically realised core concept and gameplay, brilliant writing, really really good music, just everything haha. There's obviously differences, but it gave me that feel of playing THPS back in the day, when I was doing some of the score challenges and collecting the vat materials. Really top stuff.

Jump again I believe you can do it again. I did that machine the other day lol.

I guess that's one way to keep it going, but I was expecting something along the lines of actual surfing across long distances, not a two second thing that then sees you sink into the briny depths...

Focus group?

probably my favorite quest lol.

Yup. The ending was superb too.

Goodbye, asshole.

Exactly what I'd expect from him. Man, that was a fantastic quest.

Now I have to do something for Floyd, but I can't seem to find the mission marker. Something about visiting his future self? Is i a bugged quest?

Montresor

Damn I ran into a minor bug. I've brought 20 guns up to Level 5, including my Nothing But The Hits DLC weapon. No achievement. It's stuck at 95% (the achievements app thinks I've only brought 19 guns to Level 5).

And I have only two purchasable weapons left, both of which are very expensive: The electricity gun which costs 70000, and the charge beam which costs 100000. I've already completed every mission and side quest so I think I am out of luck, since I only have 20000 overcharge.

Any one know of a good way to get 50000 overcharge in less than 2 hours of game play? If not Ill just wait for the weapons pack from the season pass, and play other games in the meantime.

Best game ever.

Amazing.

This game is a blast to play. I like the fireworks guns alot. The roman candle gun became my "machine gun" and the chinese dragon gun is pretty sweet also.

cluderi

Finally finished it this afternoon and really enjoyed it, it'll easily be in my top 5 games this year. The humour wasn't off putting at all and it really showed some imagination andolish. Still got some side missions and defense stuff to finish up and a bit more Sunset city exploring to do.

Marco1

Been playing this since yesterday and already bought the season pass.
A really fun great game.
Please give us a sequel.

jbug617

Banned
I think they are going to announce the new DLC on Tuesday.

@FizzieSays: Some amazing interactive social marketing is going to happen on Tuesday! You have the weekend to prepare! You have been warned. #LetFizzieIn

Top Bottom