• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
RIP P5LP. Sucks for them, I bet they are absolutely scrambling to change up the schedule (DSIII Dlc hopefully?) Either way they post that amazing intro at least.

I would love this actually.

I would hate this. Mostly because I still do not own it and actually care about spoilers.

Edzi

Atlus just saved them from making a terrible LP and also potentially ruining their enjoyment of their first playthrough.

There are folks on Twitter who are trying to take to task the Best Friends for having vacations instead of making videos(???) and Woolie is replying to them. Come the fuck on.

Fat4all

Banned
I for one am eager to hear about WrestleCon. The OSW crew was there, I'm super jelly.

i also want to hear the moment everyones souls left their bodies during Wrestlemania

i know when mine left

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I for one am eager to hear about WrestleCon. The OSW crew was there, I'm super jelly.

i also want to hear the moment everyones souls left their bodies during Wrestlemania

i know when mine left

I actually really like Matt's travel trips and hearing about neat places. My gf wants to travel and his stories gives me ideas/hopes. Plus so long as they keep to the 2 video a day format im fine with it. He can use his time like he wants to.

Matsukaze

There are folks on Twitter who are trying to take to task the Best Friends for having vacations instead of making videos(???) and Woolie is replying to them. Come the fuck on.
Woolie's wasting his time with shitpile tweets like that one. He should've just replied with an image of himself sitting on the couch with his feet kicked up, drink in hand.

Moaradin

I hope the Atlus stuff clears up and they eventually go back to the P5 LP. I was actually looking forward to seeing how they were gonna handle it.

I hope the Atlus stuff clears up and they eventually go back to the P5 LP. I was actually looking forward to seeing how they were gonna handle it.
Doing it now would be pointless. It's far less fun if they know everything and spend 60 hours just doing shit they've already done.

Strimei

The other day when they announced the LP, I did have a thought to mention something I had heard Jeff Gerstmann say, that people wouldn't be able to stream/LP it but I couldn't recall the specifics and decided that maybe I had just imagined it.

Seems I didn't. Welp.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
What's up with Atlus being so streaming phobic? Their reason it totally shit so it's pretty clear they just slapped that notice together.

Aren't the persona games basically just visual novels with some turn based battling strapped to them? If your game is mostly plot I can maybe understand not wanting people to stream them since they'll get 90% of the experience.

Strimei

What's up with Atlus being so streaming phobic? Their reason it totally shit so it's pretty clear they just slapped that notice together.

Chances are likely its Atlus Japan's doing (as the statement references their "masters in Japan"), and they are rather weird at times. THey also seem to throw Atlus USA under the bus with regularity.

Aren't the persona games basically just visual novels with some turn based battling strapped to them? If your game is mostly plot I can maybe understand not wanting people to stream them since they'll get 90% of the experience.

From my perspective, I don't really care enough to get into a game like P5, but I could see myself being interested in the game or series through a stream. A lot of people usually get into games thanks to streaming. There's a not-insignificant number of people who got into P4 thanks to Giant Bomb.

Don't Persona appeals to a niche audience though?

Not as niche as it used to be.

Xux

Yeah, the community can be pretty shitty about stupid shit.

I'm curious to see what'll be the next LP now.
How have they not played Guilty Gear Overture? That has SBFP written all over it.

Strimei

For what its worth, it seems like only one person doing the shit talking, and he seems kind of...off. His twitter bio may also indicate he's just a troll (or doing "satire", if you prefer).

I've definitely made some snarky comments before about Matt and his vacations because, let's face it, he takes them every few goddamn weeks.

The other guys work hard though. Not sure why that guy is coming at Woolie over that stuff for.

Edzi

I've definitely made some snarky comments before about Matt and his vacations because, let's face it, he takes them every few goddamn weeks.

The other guys work hard though. Not sure why that guy is coming at Woolie over that stuff for.

Woolie is arguably the hardest worker of the bunch, and clearly cares more than the other two.

Strimei

Yeah I'll admit I've snarked a few times about how often it seems Matt is gone, though honestly its more because I just like having him with the others. Its his life anyway and he can live it how he wants, and I mean, its his money so do whatever. If I could travel that much? I'd...actually probably not but that's because I hate air travel haha. But I get it.

That was the weirdest part of this idiot's complaint about Woolie. Like, really? Going at him for going to Japan? And using the money he's earned through the channel? What's wrong with that? I use the money from my job for whatever the hell I want, its the same thing.

Yeah I'll admit I've snarked a few times about how often it seems Matt is gone, though honestly its more because I just like having him with the others. Its his life anyway and he can live it how he wants, and I mean, its his money so do whatever. If I could travel that much? I'd...actually probably not but that's because I hate air travel haha. But I get it.

That was the weirdest part of this idiot's complaint about Woolie. Like, really? Going at him for going to Japan? And using the money he's earned through the channel? What's wrong with that? I use the money from my job for whatever the hell I want, its the same thing.

I used to be like that because a LONG time back around the time Vessel started, I got a little upset because they mentioned that Vessel was going to help them buy the office, which they have now and then not even a few weeks later Woolie shows off a $500 figure and I'm like "You fuckin' real man?" I got called out by a few of the guys real hard for that one.

But coming at him over his Japan trip? I honestly can't even comprehend where that could found a basis.

Fat4all

Banned
I remember when Mr. Snip Snip used to handle all their PR

hqdefault.jpg

THUG 2 will be the LP to finally remind them what the Youtube game is really all about.

It's not about the money.

Or the fame.

Or their families.

Or their friendship.

But destroying shitloads of lives and property in the name of egotistical pissing contests and their own self amusement.

Numb

They used to be about the music mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn and now they're like, spending money, enjoying their time.
Best friends are just old
And now that the person who made them feel young(Liam senpai) left they are going on vacations doing their bucket lists before they die

Top Bottom