• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

convo

This is where I'm at.

With the game in my own hands, i can't pretend i woul have even looked at it until someone made a compilation video. Still now the bad part about Sega not interfering with Atlus at all has come to light. Sega not getting in the way helped make the game but old practices like that have no right to exist as with most old people that aren't willingly rotting into the ground.
The game is ace, despite much turmoil with the developement and old people still living.

Rocketz

FNM_040112-Insert-001_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.jpeg
+
=

Gestahl

Atlus destroying this 200 part abomination before it could even incubate is probably the best thing that's happened to this channel in ages and I'm only slightly being ironic

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Y'all should probably watch this first part before shitting on it because it starts off STRONG. RIP adventures of
Hank Hill-san

Part 1 was really good! It's a shame about what happaned, but I'm glad we got what we did. Long LP's can be bad, but I think Pat and Woolie's positivity and general knowledge about P5 would have made for a great LP.

Part 1 was really good! It's a shame about what happaned, but I'm glad we got what we did. Long LP's can be bad, but I think Pat and Woolie's positivity and general knowledge about P5 would have made for a great LP.
Hopefully Atlus eases off like, soon so we can maybe get "Okay so we're halfway through the game and we're just gonna go with it".

Edzi

So why do you guys want these blind LPs of new games from the guys? I'm curious as to what the main reason is the fanbase wants these things, since they're almost always worse quality than an LP where one or both have played the game. Plus, you'd think most of you would rather play the games first yourselves, and would likewise like for the guys to get a chance to play the game themselves first to take their time with it and enjoy it as fully as possible.

So why do you guys want these blind LPs of new games from the guys?
People like seeing first reactions(although in this specific case, we know that was't going to happen for woolie as the lp went on). I suspect you already know this.

I'm curious as to what the main reason is the fanbase wants these things, since they're almost always worse quality than an LP where one or both have played the game.
Some people prefer seeing the above answer to whatever you consider to be a quality lp(just assume they have shit tastes I guess).

Plus, you'd think most of you would rather play the games first yourselves, and would likewise like for the guys to get a chance to play the game themselves first to take their time with it and enjoy it as fully as possible.

You would think that, but a lot of people don't. More so for the people who don't own the game, or can't due to whatever reason(like not wanting to buy a ps3/4).

they said they were gonna start blind, then play at their own pace when they took breaks

unless i interpreted that wrong
Woolie was going to go on ahead, but Pat would only doing grinding on his own time.

So why do you guys want these blind LPs of new games from the guys? I'm curious as to what the main reason is the fanbase wants these things, since they're almost always worse quality than an LP where one or both have played the game. Plus, you'd think most of you would rather play the games first yourselves, and would likewise like for the guys to get a chance to play the game themselves first to take their time with it and enjoy it as fully as possible.

Personally I don't care if it's blind. I just want their hype for hype moments.

That being said, it was said that if this LP continued Woolie was going to be playing ahead so it'd only be blind for the first session.

ShadyK54

Personally, I don't really care whether or not an LP of theirs I watch is done blind. All I ask for is that it is entertaining in some way or fashion. If a SBF LP can accomplish that, then I'm happy with it.

Also, like DeadPhoenix & Vidula said, I like the hype a blind LP can bring sometimes. Seeing them come across & react to something they didn't expect in an LP is entertaining as hell.

Japan's been doing such a good job this year making games. They just need to, you know, not be involved in any of the distribution, promotion, or funding of said games.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
People have been pretty on point about the hype blind lps bring. These guys basically built their buisness on how well they work off pf eachothers energies and they are the best when they have mutual levels of super hype. Freedom Planet LP os so great because they had no idea about the game before hand. The best parts of the Frog Fractions 2 vids were them being shocked and surprised.

I think they can be at their best in a double blind, but they can also be at their worst. When they both slog woth nothing to work with from the game or eachother, its pretty bad. That said if they knew how bad Omnicom really was, we'd never get that amazing trainwreck.

Fat4all

Banned
I'm just glad they were able to finish Omikron before Detroit.

I don't know why, but I have a weird feeling that Detroit might end up being good, or at least better than heavy rain.

Getting Omikron out of the way well before hand paints the picture of David Cage completely while heading into Detroit.

I think they can be at their best in a double blind, but they can also be at their worst. When they both slog woth nothing to work with from the game or eachother, its pretty bad. That said if they knew how bad Omnicom really was, we'd never get that amazing trainwreck.

But on the other hand, Liam would still be alive today.

Strimei

I'm just glad they were able to finish Omikron before Detroit.

I don't know why, but I have a weird feeling that Detroit might end up being good, or at least better than heavy rain.

Getting Omikron out of the way well before hand paints the picture of David Cage completely while heading into Detroit.

In a way, I feel like Detroit being somewhat good will be worse because it'll make whatever horrible stuff Cage does stand out all the more.

...that said, the game being outright horrible sure didn't make things better with Omikron.

Top Bottom