• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Zenfalcia

Yeah a month ago I couldnt even beat Ult trainer, and I couldnt get a single round off of Shack.
Now im recking trainer and I finally got a round off shack.

Good job on gitting gud zed.
MPS3, but man I'd have to play against some REAL baddies because I don't play fighters at all. I've only recently started wanting to get back into them.

No worries, you won't be alone. There are other scrublords who'll still play with you.

Dont feel bad about getting bodied by shack. everyone gets bodied by shack.

Also you need to stop playing kanji or else we cant be friends!
Ah dont worry, hes not one of my main dudes, Kanjis just my favorite character from P4 so I like playing him sometimes.
My mains are Aigis, Aki,Culprit, and chie. Though I have got to stop spamming quarter circle as her cause im doing that in the middle of her jump kicks and i accidentally use power charge and I drop combos.
Thats why i lost so hard against your yukiko.

Bu bu but Jet Set Radio Punk Shoot Mans: The Game(Sunset Overdrive). It's actually pretty great.

Skala I sent you the code.

ENJOY IT MOTHERFUCKER! PIRATES AND SHIT.

YAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR. Thanks again dude :D

I loved the pirates chapter in Sly 3, so I'll probably love this. Perfect chance for me to get back into Asscreed after almost abandoning it after the mess that was 3.

My only problem with Yu is that I didn't find him very fun to play. I loved Margaret on the other hand but I will admit she does seem a bit unfair. I messed around with Marie a bit as well and mechanically she seemed interesting to me but I didn't really stick with her to try and learn anything.

I agree, he's not a fun character to use. Compared to people like Margaret, Culprit, and others hes really boring. But that's also because he's the most simple of the characters. You can't pull anything cool off with him, but he's not a flashy kind of character. Plus he's just all around an unappealing character in design compared to the others.

I wouldn't call Margaret simple. IMO Yu, Kanji, and Labrys are pretty simple.

She's not simple. She's very persona based which makes her complex. However, you don't need to be good at the game to be decent with her. She's the best zoner in the game with only one move, and you can do a lot of damage with her without any complex inputs. She's not a simple character, but she's still easy to use.

I'm still extremely salty that Margaret's QCF C/D has more priority over Yukari's super. That pisses me off so much. Like make Yukari even worse in this game than you already have ArcSys.

Any Aigis at all?
also did duke send you the code?

Haven't done a lot of Ultimax online, most of it was with you guys. But I logged a ridiculous amount into Arena, and Aigis was easily the least used character from my experience.
Think I only saw one good Aigis in my entire Arena playtime.

And Crack.....and Romars.....am I missing anyone?

Yo nice. Good start going on

Hey, let me be a story of inspiration to you! I was getting my ass kicked left and right by Pat, Maragidyne and PG when I first started playing with you all... and now I body them instead.
It just takes practice!

Haven't done a lot of Ultimax online, most of it was with you guys. But I logged a ridiculous amount into Arena, and Aigis was easily the least used character from my experience.
Think I only saw one good Aigis in my entire Arena playtime.
why is that? Like the zaibatsu had no idea about her when they did fisticuffs but shes a fucking beast. Is it cause shes the most complex character or something?

Zenfalcia

why is that? Like the zaibatsu had no idea about her when they did fisticuffs but shes a fucking beast. Is it cause shes the most complex character or something?

High difficulty curve perhaps? You have to manage your orgia mode quite proficienty? Or they just didn't get that much hands on time with everyone..

All this fighting game talk makes me want to go git gud.. do some training mode and learn to do some BnBs consistently..

She's not simple. She's very persona based which makes her complex. However, you don't need to be good at the game to be decent with her. She's the best zoner in the game with only one move, and you can do a lot of damage with her without any complex inputs. She's not a simple character, but she's still easy to use.

I'm still extremely salty that Margaret's QCF C/D has more priority over Yukari's super. That pisses me off so much. Like make Yukari even worse in this game than you already have ArcSys.

Yeah, but at that level of play everybody is simple. Liz just has to spam her laser, Kanji just need to command grab > chair, etc.

Oh and hey, at least you don't play Junpei.
The struggle is real.

Hey, let me be a story of inspiration to you! I was getting my ass kicked left and right by Pat, Maragidyne and PG when I first started playing with you all... and now I body them instead.
It just takes practice!
I rarely practice though, so I guess I'm not getting good, but that's fine. I'll still work on improving though

Yeah, but at that level of play everybody is simple. Liz just has to spam her laser, Kanji just need to command grab > chair, etc.

Oh and hey, at least you don't play Junpei.
The struggle is real.

Yeah, but Margaret's way harder to deal with. You can spam with almost anyone, but Margaret's probably the easiest to spam the same move with and get lots of damage.

Yukaris easy just stand and shoots arrows! Naoto I will admit is complex, especially since they gave her gun a cooldown.

Double jump forward to avoid her Miracle Feather Arrow (QCF Forward) and destroy her after it leaves her wide open for a good second. Shack's already done it to me dozens of times.

Guard her regular arrows or just eat them, they do no damage anyway unless you charge them up and are only meant to link combos in most circumstances.

The damage on her persona's (Isis) garudyne is nice, but unless it hits it whiffs extremely hard. Its very punishable on miss.

Her Super Arrow? Who cares, most specials/supers destroy it, like Aigis's charge. And the time it takes to fire the arrow makes it useless as a wake up in a lot of scenarios.

Yukari's BnB is also one of the most difficult things to pull off ever. The timing from 5AAA -> 214A -> 5C is extremely tough.

That would be my best guess. Orgia too much for a lot to handle...
Does give you a slight advantage though... so few of them out there, you're gonna find a lot of people that just don't know the match up.
Such as me, that one good Aigis player bodied me harder than anyone I ever found online.

Yeah, but Margaret's way harder to deal with. You can spam with almost anyone, but Margaret's probably the easiest to spam the same move with and get lots of damage.

Double jump forward to avoid her Miracle Feather Arrow (QCF Forward) and destroy her after it leaves her wide open for a good second. Shack's already done it to me dozens of times.

Guard her regular arrows or just eat them, they do no damage anyway unless you charge them up and are only meant to link combos in most circumstances.

The damage on her persona (Isis)'s garudyne is nice, but unless it hits it whiffs extremely hard. Its very punishable on miss.

Her Super Arrow? Who cares, most specials/supers destroy it, like Aigis's charge. And the time it takes to fire the arrow makes it useless as a wake up in a lot of scenarios.

Yukari's BnB is also one of the most difficult things to pull off ever. The timing from 5AAA -> 214A -> 5C is extremely tough.
Ok someone please explain these numbers, I see them everywhere when I look at ulimax stuff and I get super confused.

Ok someone please explain these numbers, I see them everywhere when I look at ulimax stuff and I get super confused.

I believe the numbers are motions on the stick going like:

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

So 5AAA is standing 3 button combo and 214A would be going up, top left and all the way left and the button for the move. Could be wrong though.

Fight sticks are like numpads. There's nine different directions, similar to a numpad so

A is light hit, B is heavy hit, C is light Persona, D is heavy Persona.

So for example, 236A is Yukari's Miracle Feather Arrow (light) or 236B for MFA (heavy) or 236AB for her SP version (uses 25 SP for a faster and stronger hit).

He's actually the only character in the roster I legit haven't even touched. He just doesn't interest me.

His playstyle is pretty bland.

Sho is much worse. Much much worse. His entire character is literally just rush down. No other options. Just put them in the corner and keep slapping buttons.

That's Minazuki, except with teleports and persona attacks. Him, Yu, and Yosuke are the trinity of bs. /salt

Fight sticks are like numpads. There's nine different directions, similar to a numpad so

A is light hit, B is heavy hit, C is light Persona, D is heavy Persona.

So for example, 236A is Yukari's Miracle Feather Arrow (light) or 236B for MFA (heavy) of 236AB for her SP version (uses 25 SP for a faster and stronger hit).
That....makes complete sense...I-im feeling something...I-i-In my loins! Ah im ascending to almost gud status!

That's Minazuki, except with teleports and persona attacks. Him, Yu, and Yosuke are the trinity of bs. /salt

I didn't really notice it as much with Minazuki. From the ones I've played they're usually less rushdown since he has a (slow) projectile and can use teleports and stuff. He's still rushdown, but its nowhere near as bad as Sho.

His playstyle is pretty bland.

Talking about this stuff makes me regret not getting into more hardcore matches in Ultimax... but there's soo much more ping snobbery than in the last game... and the great lobbies kinda backfired and gutted the hardcore side a bit.
If it was a more popular fighter, it would have been great, but this is kinda what made Ultimax a bit dissappointing for me in the end.

Talking about this stuff makes me regret not getting into more hardcore matches in Ultimax... but there's soo much more ping snobbery than in the last game... and the great lobbies kinda backfired and gutted the hardcore side a bit.
If it was a more popular fighter, it would have been great, but this is kinda what made Ultimax a bit dissappointing for me in the end.

Ultimax is great if you have friends, but the online scene in this game is beyond pathetic. Especially with Xrd out now and a lot of anime fighting fans going to that now (like me).

Ultimax is still a GOTY, but I don't think I'm gonna get too deep into it, because honestly what's the point? Hardly anyone besides us plays this game.

Ultimax is great if you have friends, but the online scene in this game is beyond pathetic. Especially with Xrd out now and a lot of anime fighting fans going to that now (like me).

Ultimax is still a GOTY, but I don't think I'm gonna get too deep into it, because honestly what's the point? Hardly anyone besides us plays this game.
Sigh youre pretty right...I might as well play blaz blue....cause no ps4...

I didn't really notice it as much with Minazuki. From the ones I've played they're usually less rushdown since he has a (slow) projectile and can use teleports and stuff. He's still rushdown, but its nowhere near as bad as Sho.

Both of them have the projectile. Every Minazuki I've met and every Sho I've met just mash. So, Minazuki has always been a bigger pain.

I guess it fits.
bland villain with a bland fighting style.
But his instant kill is still super badass.

Eh, it's alright. Culprit's is way better.

Sigh youre pretty right...I might as well play blaz blue....cause no ps4...

I mean there's nothing wrong with gitting gud at ultimax. Its a great game and as long as you're here you're always gonna have someone else to play. But outside of us, there's really no one else to fight in this game.

Also, the fact that you'd leave ultimax for BB makes me want to vomit

I mean there's nothing wrong with gitting gud at ultimax. Its a great game and as long as you're here you're always gonna have someone else to play. But outside of us, there's really no one else to fight in this game.

Also, the fact that you'd leave ultimax for BB makes me want to vomit
Hey I never said leave, I said play.

Top Bottom