• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Mauk is the only reason you are still alive right now.

I'll drive badly to your house to passive aggressively sass you in a Minnesotan accent.

Edit: Mauk is limping...

Mauk is so inconsistent, and he makes some of the dumbest decisions that I have ever seen a QB make.

He's like Brett Favre, but only without the rocket arm.

croten

You all forget what Phantom Blood looked like.

72cxHN.png

This was basically what the whole series looked li-

0PSgdC.jpg

Oh.

I love jojo but the first series was on a fucking budget

Its not just the background of Persona that looks bad.

This looks completely mediocre compared to the artwork of the game. I don't think this looks any better than your typical anime. In fact I'd say its probably worse.

As an anime, Persona just doesn't look great. I will praise the artwork to death, but like I said before, any animator could make great artwork for their show if they really wanted to do it.

Kaneko art looks amazing in 3D, not so much in 2D. DDS, Nocturne, and Raidou all look amazing.
I actually think you're right. All my favorite examples of Kaneko art are renders.
The different colored hair with the grey customizable uniforms does quite a lot to make each of the main characters stand out.

'Course the characters in the sequel also stand out just as well with their own designs.
I wish my copy of DDS wasn't locked in my dead PS3.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

This looks completely mediocre compared to the artwork of the game. I don't think this looks any better than your typical anime. In fact I'd say its probably worse.
Yeah, if I didn't love P4 so much I don't think I would like P4A all that much.

I own it on blu ray.

Xiraiya

I really can't stand Kaneko's character art, it looks pretty good for Personas and Demons but I dislike it for characters so much.

Everyone looks like a mime.

Okingjrr

Have you tried offering them Origami cranes?
I did better.
One day, I decided to learn origami and brought what I did to class the following day. I wanted to give it to this girl I liked. Except, before giving it to her, everyone in the class had seen it. They asked me how to do it, so I showed them. I had an origami workshop every time we had a free period. It was fun.
I offered the one girl I liked a double lily origami, where you put one lily in another, It looked really cool. She told me it was cute but because everyone in the class was making origamis it loss a little of its charm.
Sorry for the accidental realgaf story.

Also, Obe, could you pm me the thing?
Edit: Saw it, thanks.

It's really only Kaneko's Persona art that looks really weird. They all look like zombies.

It does look weird. It would have fit more in a post apocalyptic world like the one in DDS, but for something like Persona his art just doesn't fit for the characters.

I actually think you're right. All my favorite examples of Kaneko art are renders.

Heat in particular probably has my favorite design. Just looks awesome and its a perfect artstyle for a world like the Junkyard.

ultimax

As an anime, Persona just doesn't look great. I will praise the artwork to death, but like I said before, any animator could make great artwork for their show if they really wanted to do it.

The animation is pretty bad, but i still think Chie's and Yukiko's anime version look better than the game

Anung

Un Rama
I'm rewatching TRSHE and I should really try and rebuy Silent Hill 2 and 3. Or at least try and emulate them. I have SH2: Inner Fears which doesn't work on 360 and the HD collection which is a travesty.

Okingjrr

So who knows of a good Gaming Headset less than $100 that's NOT the G930? I keep getting that recommendation but every single review I look at on multiple sites has so many recent negative reviews so I won't be touching that thing.

Yeah, but I hear the audio quality isn't actually that good. People on GAF rave over it, but everywhere else people go "It's good for what you're paying for it. Not exactly an overall fantastic headset in terms of audio quality however."
Is it actually really that good? I heard they're comfy, but I'm unsure about their audio.

I have it. It is really comfy.
The battery life is...well not great, it lasts around 7-8 hours. Makes sense for a gaming session however.
The sound is alright. I played MGS4 with them, the virtual surround sound system is pretty decent. On PC, it's 2.0 but it does its job.

I'm rewatching TRSHE and I should really try and rebuy Silent Hill 2 and 3. Or at least try and emulate them. I have SH2: Inner Fears which doesn't work on 360 and the HD collection which is a travesty.
I bought used copies of SH2 and 3 on PS2 awhile ago for about $20 apeice. Silent Hill 3 has the PC port that I just recently got. Need to boot it up and check it out sometime.
I should have clarified, they need a mic on them. These don't appear to have that.
It has a mic.
For such a badass, Agni looks kinda dumb.
Yup.

Xiraiya

It does look weird. It would have fit more in a post apocalyptic world like the one in DDS, but for something like Persona his art just doesn't fit for the characters.

The MMO set in Post apocalypse Japan had decent art, it was still that "Old" style but a little less extreme.

Okingjrr

I doubt I'll be using surround sound on it (virtual and I hear it's not good), so stereo is fine. But what exactly is all right?
I switch between different headsets frequently in my day to day life. The sound each of them output is always different so it's weird to adjust sometimes.
The bass is kinda low on the Sony ones, but other than that, they're pretty solid.

Top Bottom