• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Yeah, but if you ever decide to take a break from the game, like I did (though I didn't play it too long and hadn't yet memorized every area), have fun trying to find your way again.
Some of the names aren't that memorable, there are different street names for every five steps you take and it shouldn't have to be a problem in the first place. Telling someone the name of a location once they've entered it doesn't fix the problem when the problem is that you don't remember where to go. It should have absolutely had a writing mechanic implemented. The game map as it is now isn't even remotely good and this addition would have fixed almost every problem it had (apart from it being a visual mess).

That mostly comes down to it being accurate to
actual Tokyo.
You can't fix things or make them more memorable or better spaced out when it's being accurate. Should they have done that? Well, ehhh.

Okingjrr

I'm not buying anymore games right now , I've bought too much crap this holiday season.

I've bought a relatively low amount of games this time around.
Ground Zeroes, Skullgirls, Lethal League.
I also promised myself that I wouldn't buy any games for chrismas because that's an easy gift to give.

Yeah, but if you ever decide to take a break from the game, like I did (though I didn't play it too long and hadn't yet memorized every area), have fun trying to find your way again.
Some of the names aren't that memorable, there are different street names for every five steps you take and it shouldn't have to be a problem in the first place. Telling someone the name of a location once they've entered it doesn't fix the problem when the problem is that you don't remember where to go. It should have absolutely had a writing mechanic implemented. The game map as it is now isn't even remotely good and this addition would have fixed almost every problem it had (apart from it being a visual mess).

I agree, the map itself on the bottom of the screen is absolute garbage and doesn't tell you anything. Its basically the same thing as looking at a map of (SMT4 spoilers)
Japan and being able to know where to go.
However, if you don't take an extended break from the game its actually pretty straight forward, and like I said before, being able to ask people on the world map where to go and where everything is significantly helps.

Unless it's a 70 hour JRPG I generally finish most games within a day or two so that's never been much of a problem.
I wish I could play games for hours on end again. I tend to stop like 40 minutes into play time and then do nothing the rest of the day.

Pretty decent, was gonna motivate myself to finish Danganronpa after listening to the giant bombcast GOTY, but forgot how boring it was so went back to SMT4 to get the neutral ending while watching football.

SMT4 is so good.
I went back to it recently and enjoy it way more than I did in hindsight. Knowing where stuff is and what to do helps a lot with letting me get into the meat of the game.
All right, then give us a map that you can write on and make it a bit more clear than it is. Give us more options to zoom in and zoom out properly or give us different kind of maps (like 3D, 2D, change angles). Decrease enemy frequency and/or increase successful escape %. Just try to make traversing the world map a bit more bearable.
Those are all things I want in the game. Having infrequent random encounters or bringing back the ability to cast lower encounter chance spells on the overworld would really help.

Not labeling the cities is probably done for immersion though.

I'm sure me taking a break is part of the reason why I experienced difficulties with the overworld and yes, being able to ask people on the overworld helps a lot. But all of this would be completely unnecessary by the simple addition of names or writing ability to the world map or just having a better map in general. partial solutions like guides on the world maps are bandages placed onto a wound that doesn't need to exist.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I disagree with people who think the overworld itself is terrible. Have a decent map in there or the ability to write your own decent map (though not like Etrian Odyssey because fuck that would be complicated), and suddenly no one hates it as much. Its a pretty decent overworld bogged down by a shitty map system.

Jman014

I wish I could play games for hours on end again. I tend to stop like 40 minutes into play time and then do nothing the rest of the day.

Same

Nope, I died.

I went back to it recently and enjoy it way more than I did in hindsight. Knowing where stuff is and what to do helps a lot with letting me get into the meat of the game.

I never honestly had a problem with it until people kind of pointed out the map can be annoying to navigate through. I guess the gameplay itself was just so fun I didn't even mind.

Phil T. Casual

Neo Member
I have a huge barrier of booting up the games I have. Once I've started playing them I get pretty into it and play for at least 4 hours or so.

I have the same thing with games I rent or get for free off ps plus for some reason. I'm more compelled to play stuff I buy though.

I never honestly had a problem with it until people kind of pointed out the map can be annoying to navigate through. I guess the gameplay itself was just so fun I didn't even mind.
I had several occasions where I was told to go to X place and spent a good 2 hours being like "Wheeeeeeere". I resorted to google and GameFAQs a lot.

I am off to go pay my rent and stand in line to pay my tuition

After all that, I am diving back into Bayonetta 1.

I need to get good since this is the closest we are getting to a Kill La Kill game

I see you have accepted Griffith as your lord and husbando

Nah he just has a good shit eating grin

360pages

Legit, I enjoyed all the EO games far more than SMTIV Not saying SMTIV is a bad game at all. The game just felt really okay to me, nothing really stood out, single aspect it did another series did better honestly.

I don't even think the Press turn system is that amazing.

Top Bottom