• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

croten

So uh, I rarely post here and seeing as how pat is a kinda mh ambassador and the monster hunter 3u ot is pretty dead, I figured this would be the place to put this. Anyone wanna play on wii u? I'm pretty new to the game w/ full barroth.

Yo sure, my NNID is croten add me.

So uh, I rarely post here and seeing as how pat is a kinda mh ambassador and the monster hunter 3u ot is pretty dead, I figured this would be the place to put this. Anyone wanna play on wii u? I'm pretty new to the game w/ full barroth.

Lots of people here love monster hunter.

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. Sorry about that, but I'm sure there are people here who'd love to play with you.

Alright, with the forty sum credits I've got left over, I'm heading back down to the seattle gameworks to start my monthly rhythm game regiment, I've got the games lined up I'm gonna hit, and I decided just to follow my progress over 2015 I'm gonna keep track of what songs I've played and the scores I get on them. The list is as follows

DDR Extreme
Drummania 10th Mix
Guitar Freaks 11th Mix
Pop'n Music 14 Fever
DJMax Technika 3

I'd include Taiko Drum Master, but I need more time to get acquainted with that game before adding it to the regiment.

And now I disappear for the next few hours because commuting from Redmond to Seattle takes so fucking long.

Squishy3

Add me, my NNID is in my profile. I just started it back up again and haven't really gotten anything on it yet either. I'm further behind than you are. :lol

Haven't dumped large amounts of time into it recently, though. I'd be down to start going through the online ranks.

I love MH and just got a Wii U, but unfortunately I'm waiting for 4 to get back in the Hunt. Good luck and happy hunting, though, man!

Alright, with the forty sum credits I've got left over, I'm heading back down to the seattle gameworks to start my monthly rhythm game regiment, I've got the games lined up I'm gonna hit, and I decided just to follow my progress over 2015 I'm gonna keep track of what songs I've played and the scores I get on them. The list is as follows

DDR Extreme
Drummania 10th Mix
Guitar Freaks 11th Mix
Pop'n Music 14 Fever
DJMax Technika 3

I'd include Taiko Drum Master, but I need more time to get acquainted with that game before adding it to the regiment.

And now I disappear for the next few hours because commuting from Redmond to Seattle takes so fucking long.

YOU STILL HAVEN'T PLAYED TANK!TANK!TANK! try it at least once

Worst thing is that I don't know whether I trust Sakamoto anymore, despite him making Super Metroid. I really wish Retro would just make it.

Maybe I'm misremembering things, but didn't Other M sell worse than all Primes?

Other M was moderately successful in Japan I think.

I posted a few pages ago that there are very few Nintendo IPs that havent sold under 1m units.

I gotta find the thread. It was an interesting read.

croten

Sure, but I'm focusing on sales relative to other Metroid titles.

Sure, but I'm sure Nintendo looks at overall sales as well. I just hope they don't listen to their Japanese audience this one time and instead save the franchise from the hell hole it's in.

I wonder whether something changed in Sakamoto or whether this was always how he wanted the franchise to be like, but couldn't do it in the SNES era due to hardware constraints.

I mean, he went from Super Metroid (Possibly the best Metroid game) to Fusion (atmospheric and great game overall, but a mediocre Metroid game) to Zero Mission (Fine game) to Other M.
Well if they keep the narrative of other M out of the games then I think it would be fine, right? I never played other M although I did watch the Let's Watch of it.

Sure, but I'm focusing on sales relative to other Metroid titles.

Sure, but I'm sure Nintendo looks at overall sales as well. I just hope they don't listen to their Japanese audience this one time and instead save the franchise from the hell hole it's in.

I wonder whether something changed in Sakamoto or whether this was always how he wanted the franchise to be like, but couldn't do it in the SNES era due to hardware constraints.

I mean, he went from Super Metroid (Possibly the best Metroid game) to Fusion (atmospheric and great game overall, but a mediocre Metroid game) to Zero Mission (Fine game) to Other M.

Metroid was never a super huge IP. The sales tell us that.

That was one of the main reasons Nintendo was willing to subvert development to a Western dev(Retro). There was much more upside than downside and taking the IP out of Sakamoto's hands was a great decision for the IP.

Retro is doing the same thing for DKC. Retro is the great turnaround studio.

Looking back on re-watching other M, Samus I can tolerate. The story and other characters I cannot.

Skull girls is the only fighting game that I actually like playing, still don't know why

I enjoy it leaps and bounds more then I do Street Fighter..I just like the way it flows..everything is so fresh..so clean..

tumblr_mwne9zHO751sn7zr6o8_250.gif

Outkast is the shit.

It's up there with P4 for me that is music I will just listen to as music, like if I'm working or doing housework or something.

I normally can't stand playing video games with the music I opt to play my own.
Unless they are really atmospheric with their music, I usually use my own. Tho I did use the idol song in MGS4 ipod while I was playing just to calm me down in tense stealth sequences.
After a while I fucking hated it tho.
While I do appreciate the authentic sounding music of Guacamelee, I don't wanna hear that all the time. Fighting games are the one genre that I need to hear the music just to hype me up.

YOU GUYS HOLY SHIT THE PRO CONTROLLER IS MY FAVORITE CONTROLLER EVER

I think the tablet is fine for about 90% of that library. I was honestly shocked when I first got it how well it feels in your hands. I have a love for that tablet.

But the pro controller is just mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Seriously, its the greatest controller Nintendo's had since the SNES controller.

Unless they are really atmospheric with their music, I usually use my own. Tho I did use the idol song in MGS4 ipod while I was playing just to calm me down in tense stealth sequences.
After a while I fucking hated it tho.
While I do appreciate the authentic sounding music of Guacamelee, I don't wanna hear that all the time. Fighting games are the one genre that I need to hear the music just to hype me up.
Same I'll play Aphex Twin or something during Stealth games. Helps me stay calm

The music is nice, too.

What's cooler than cool?

Edit: shameful dp.
Oh geez Idk man.

ICE COLD BABY

What's a good Steam fightans game that works with Mac and PC users?

I want to get some fightans in tonight. How does Nidhogg sound to everyone?

If not, let's FPS it. I haven't went K&M in awhile.

Steam is consuming me...

I think the tablet is fine for about 90% of that library. I was honestly shocked when I first got it how well it feels in your hands. I have a love for that tablet.

But the pro controller is just mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Seriously, its the greatest controller Nintendo's had since the SNES controller.

I also have zero problems with the gamepad. Unfortunately for it, the pro controller makes me feel happy on my inside feely parts, so I might never use it again.

Fate/Zero?

I honestly thought that was Pat
Yeah its rider from Fate/Zero. I thought it was just a random demon guy the first time I saw it.

Steam is consuming me...
I'll be down for some Niddhog.

Steam is consuming me...

Nidhogg's netcode is an abomination.

Do you wanna play Global Offensive?

Oberon, pretty sure you can get banned for that image.

I also have zero problems with the gamepad. Unfortunately for it, the pro controller makes me feel happy on my inside feely parts, so I might never use it again.

I can still use both. Besides sometimes I have to switch over even if I didn't want to so I can let the pro controller charge.

So Aaron was kind enough to buy me RE4 for Christmas.

I've never played an RE game before, so I'll periodically post my impressions as things go along.

Using a controller, boy controls feel super lethargic compared to stuff I've played recently. I'll have to check on the sensitivity options and find what works for me. The controls overall are... Interesting. They're not what I'd call tank but they're really close in feel. I did the cool guy thing and leaped out of the window. Shooting feels pretty good, but I do not look forward to the start of this game with the unupgraded weapons.

I've never played an RE game before, so I'll periodically post my impressions as things go along.

Using a controller, boy controls feel super lethargic compared to stuff I've played recently. I'll have to check on the sensitivity options and find what works for me. The controls overall are... Interesting. They're not what I'd call tank but they're really close in feel. I did the cool guy thing and leaped out of the window. Shooting feels pretty good, but I do not look forward to the start of this game with the unupgraded weapons.

That's RE4 right there. The game's is pretty much tank controls, with a better camera and actual aiming options.

The game is built around your limitations perfectly, so you shouldn't get too frustrated.

It's fine! Now you see fate/zero in an even better way.
oh wow, I thought that was pat this entire time

Get your dick out, cause that's the best game ever

Let the satisfaction in the gunplay consume you. Allow Leon's badassery to flow through your hands and paint a violent masterpiece in "rural Europe." Learn them villagers a thing er two bout bein' an American Hero. But most of all, use the Red 9 the whole game because its reload animation makes everyone's dick hard.

Top Bottom