• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

croten

The thing is, she's a shit until the very end and the fact that she doesn't get murdered on screen only adds to her being a piece of shit. But I hate the character outside of her purpose. I hate the cutesy evil archetype, I hate her character design and I don't like her voice. She's obviously supposed to be hated, but that's not the issue I have with her.

I got a HTC one. Shit keeps breaking, despite me taking incredibly good care of all of my stuff. I used an S2 for more than three years and it still functions perfectly. Not even a scratch or a dent (though firmware is obviously outdated). HTC one though? It broke the first time, I sent it for repairs and they sent a new one that was also immediately broken.

But that's just personal experience. Doesn't mean HTCs are bad.

I had my old phone for two years, my sister and mum got the same model as my and managed to break their screens within a month or two, my sister has actually gone through about five phones. My old phone is still spotless, not a scratch on it.

The thing is, she's a shit until the very end and the fact that she doesn't get murdered on screen only adds to her being a piece of shit. But I hate the character outside of her purpose. I hate the cutesy evil archetype, I hate her character design and I don't like her voice. She's obviously supposed to be hated, but that's not the issue I have with her.

It works with the show.
Her annoying cuteness works as a foil to Ryuko's "shadow the edgehog" personality.

Zenfalcia

Back from chapters of usagi drop. I'm at chapter 50.. i kinda expected something like this could happen. I will continue reading.

I got a HTC one. Shit keeps breaking, despite me taking incredibly good care of all of my stuff. I used an S2 for more than three years and it still functions perfectly. Not even a scratch or a dent (though firmware is obviously outdated). HTC one though? It broke the first time, I sent it for repairs and they sent a new one that was also immediately broken.

But that's just personal experience. Doesn't mean HTCs are bad.

I have a HTC one m7 and it's seen better days.. like i recently cracked my screen and been too lazy to bother fixing it.

How'd you break it?

Oberon

Banned
I haven't been too active in this thread, so I gotta ask, why has everyone ripped off Maragidyne's avatar?
Is it Maragidyne day?
Please say yes because then there's going to be a Romars day and I'm picking all you suckers out Akumetsu avatars!

Yo I have finnaly read more than 3 chapter of Akumetsu
It's really good

I refuse to change my avatar.

C4HjCsD.png

360pages

I think Kill La Kill cast is all great, sometimes you don't need a deep and complex character to be a decent character.

It also goes back to the point, even if a unlikable character is written perfectly, they are in the end still an unlikable character. Like when creators purposely make an annoying character forgetting that even if it was intentional they are still annoying.

Fuck ACT's. I had a 3.9 gpa and I suck ass at tests.

I'm the same. my GPA is enough to get into the college I want, but I also need a 25 comp. ACT score. Which I have, but just barely. I'm just focusing on getting it higher cause I don't want to end up with a 24 or something.

Damn it, bottom of the page. Reposting it here.

The Ryuko and Shadow comparisons are kind of shallow.
Ryuko has a determined seriousness while hiding her feelings of loneliness. Nui is is annoyingly cheerful with a stupid fucking smile on her stupid fucking face.

Now you get why I was so salty earlier.

Good lookin out Shackbro!
Can I call you Shackbro? I feel like calling you Shackbro for awsome this was

Romars here are more Kanji changes for the patch.
SB Added Cruel Attack can be OMC'd & Super Canceled
j.C faster start-up, landing recovery decreased
5C has now longer reach, its hitbox is horizontally longer
Auto Combo more difficult to combo into Bet Ya Cant Take This (j.214AB), but SB version still works
5B and charged 5B connect to 2B on hit
j.C
* Rising j.C works
* Fatal Counter & Fatal Recovery both removed
* Causes crumbling on counter hit
Increased range, slower start--up on his Throw
All-out Attack
* Whether it's Kanji-only or just a bug is unclear, but he's able to cancel All-out Attack with Skills.
* -4 or less on block (Akihiko's 5A couldn't punish it)
This'll Hurt
* SB version damage nerfed.
* Overall damage nerf. SB now deals same damage as C version used to. Order is C < SB < D
* Fatal Recovery removed from D version
Primal Force
C-version
*A lot faster start-up
*No bounce even on counter hit
*Can pass through the opponent if used close by
*Takemikazuchi disappears faster on hit and on block
D-version
*A lot more slower start-up
*Takemikazuchi appears, waits a moment then starts to attack. Kanji becomes able to move when Takemikazuchi starts to move.
*Could be used for okizeme. Doesn't seem to work as a combo part
*Bounce on counter hit
SB-version
*Unblockable, bounce on hit

Bold- I like, Italics- I am cry, Both-?
Also, is 'this'll hurt' the air grab? Cause if so, WTF that's already got a damage nerf from the last game...
I'm getting the feeling he might be getting nerfed through the floor right now... J.C doesn't do counter hits? That's no nerf, that's a neutor, freakin A...

Yet in my extremely limited and scrubby experience, he's nowhere near the likes of Yu, Teddie and others. Didn't almost the entire cast get some improvements over their older self?

If I'm wrong, please educate me.

Ok? I didn't say he was. Yu's getting a ton of nerfs too along with Yosuke and Minazuki.

Edit: He's not broken, but that doesn't mean he can't get nerfs.

Is that the video you're using?

No. I prefer the segmented pieces on the SBF site/channel and would rather support them anyway. But if you really hated yourself you could watch that whole thing.

By the way, was there ever a good explanation for why a bunch of indian dancers could summon shit out of the Infraworld, but it took insane bouts of technology to even break open a portal?

croten

No. I prefer the segmented pieces on the SBF site/channel and would rather support them anyway. But if you really hated yourself you could watch that whole thing.

By the way, was there ever a good explanation for why a bunch of indian dancers could summon shit out of the Infraworld, but it took insane bouts of technology to even break open a portal?

A good explanation in a David Cage game? Hahahaha

Magic and crystals

Yo I have finnaly read more than 3 chapter of Akumetsu
It's really good

C4HjCsD.png

Sorry I'm late, de-hype Kanji news caught me off guard. But~

Akumetsu.jpg

Keep it up, only gets better.
I still... still need to read the end. I feel like I'm living a lie...

Wait what? No, I also think they're awesome. I'm not saying they're bad characters at all. I like almost the entire cast aside from a few rotten apples, I just meant to say that I merely like almost all of them, nothing more.
Sure, I understand. Agree to disagree, though I don't disagree with you a lot at all. It's more a case of how much we like the cast, not whether we like them or not. Also, Matoi isn't really too underrated. She's the first or more often second most popular character in the show.

I wouldn't say Tsumugu is nothing, though he did end up a bit weaker than I expected. Rei is fucking nothing though.

I always got the impression she was a distant, distant second to Satsuki, but maybe I just got swayed by Pat-pinion. Also, don't sweat it Kohai, you'd know I'd grapple you anyday<3

What are you talking about? Kanji is way better in Ultimax than he is in Arena.

... Still super low tier though, and to be getting a big nerf sandwich like this... is just balls. Whereas... you're Yosuke is highest tier still, no?

GG for the ones playing SGs.
When I get back to school I'll polish off the rust.

I'm glad those three in Ultimax are getting nerfs. Yosuke was just plain too good.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
First of all

FUCK YEAH AT THREAD 10 TITLE

Second of all

FUCK YEAH IM NERDING OUT SO MUCH AT THEM PLAYING IPPO, IVE BEEN ON A IPPO HIGH ALL LAST NIGHT WATCHING YOUTUBE VIDS AND THEN I SEE THE VIDEO, AND THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT THE ANIME AND IM LIKE YEAH AND NERDING OUT LIKE A NERD

ALSO PUNCH OUT FOR FNF

Not only do I not play Yosuke, but Yosuke along with Yu and Minazuki are all getting huge nerfs.

Unless I'm mixing you up with Jinfamy, you were playing him right before you quit playing with us, weren't you?
But, either way, since Kanji's biggest weapon against Yosuke is getting nerfed, I'm betting he'll still have match up advantage.
I'm just salty about these nerfs...

Nah, popularity polls are usually won by Satsuki for some reason, but Ryuko is either first or second every other time. She's quite popular, though not as much as miss generic. Mako and Nonon generally seem to be the follow ups. Pat's arguments were super bad tho.

Don't force me to actually git gud and command grab that ass all day. I might be the kohai on the streets, but I'm the senpai in the...fighting game

Bravah. But I'll force you to git gud all day and all night. I ain't gonna be sattisified til you're begging for more... tips on good fatal counter combos.

I am at chapter 77 My favorite moment is
When Akumesu busted out of the Coffin

Yeah, yeah, yeah, best Akumetsu up til that point for sure. Slight spoilers,
but the next is even better. You have no idea!

Tako

Man I'm so rusty compared to Gaurdian and Chocolate. I love it, I love the ass beatings I get. Welp back to Skullgirls

First of all

You love it. Best title.

Unless I'm mixing you up with Jinfamy, you were playing him right before you quit playing with us, weren't you?
But, either way, since Kanji's biggest weapon against Yosuke is getting nerfed, I'm betting he'll still have match up advantage.
I'm just salty about these nerfs...

I was trying him out at one point, but I stopped. I main Junpei. We played a bit recently, remember?

Episode 17's incredibly cool moment, I guess? I did really start liking her from that moment on. Also has a big ass.
Not entirely familiar with the FG community. What's up with FChamp?
I would describe him as like a heel rustler. He is kinda an asshole and he loves it.

Feels good to be back home. Picked up an anime called Flowers of Evil and Ar no Surge during some New Years mallratting the other day.

I have a lot of videos to catch up on

Zenfalcia

So, i'm done reading usagi drop. Hmm. i see why people dislike the manga so much.

First of all

Second of all

FUCK YEAH IM NERDING OUT SO MUCH AT THEM PLAYING IPPO, IVE BEEN ON A IPPO HIGH ALL LAST NIGHT WATCHING YOUTUBE VIDS AND THEN I SEE THE VIDEO, AND THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT THE ANIME AND IM LIKE YEAH AND NERDING OUT LIKE A NERD

ALSO PUNCH OUT FOR FNF

What a super on time post. Just like the top tens.

Top Bottom