• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Zenfalcia

The mere idea I'm going to have to watch over 10 hours of content before it gets good is kinda putting me off. Least give me one other choice please.

It depends what you like...

Sci-fi with action: ghost in the shell, steins;gate, akira, darker than black, gatchaman.

Action: black lagoon, jormungand.

Slice of life/comedy: non non biyori, danshi koukousei no nichijou, nichijou, gekkan shoujo

Romance/comedy: toradora, snafu, oreimo

Zenfalcia

I was hoping that list painted a pretty good picture...
I'll watch almost anything.... but it's got to be a little tasteful at least. Any waifu bait shows aren't going to do it for me.

Well, you named a lot of big series which many do not come close to and it's better to ask specifically to narrow down the selection.

Archgan

Hmm... which one is worse in this regard?

Personally, I enjoyed both of them from the beginning. Gintama is a mostly episodic series so you could skip around if you didn't want to watch all of it. HunterxHunter has a straightforward story so you would have to watch all of them.

Alright guys, I think everyone's recommendations are on the table.
I've seen a lot of them already, so don't get mad if I didn't pick yours,

I'm going to try HxH, Gatchaman, and Tiger and Bunny.
Arclight- That series sounded great, but I couldn't find it at my 'local anime store', so sadly I had to skip out on it.
And I'm going HxH over Gintama, just because I've seen a bit of Gintama already.

Okay Romars, it seems to me you haven't seen the greatest Badass named Skull Man.

Edit: okay, I'm intrigued, sell me.

Squishy3

Arclight- That series sounded great, but I couldn't find it at my 'local anime store', so sadly I had to skip out on it.
And I'm going HxH over Gintama, just because I've seen a bit of Gintama already.
Put Jojo's on there somewhere if you haven't already buddy

Huh..I miss having one of those near me..only corn now..everlasting remorse..and corn..

Zenfalcia

Which first? The giant series or smaller ones?

You need to find a better local anime store that has it in stock.

He said he has.

"local" anime "store" wink wink

Ahh..I had one near me though before I moved..was a nice way to get a shitload of Japanese candy and he sold Manga hella cheap.

That's pretty hype. My mission to find Berserk (the manga) in a local store has yet to be realized. As soon as I find it I'm buying every volume they have.

He had nothing like that, it was a really small shop but it had been there forever. Most really mainstream stuff Death Note, Naruto etc.

One time I jokingly asked him if he had Bible Black and he gave me the biggest shit eating grin and much to my shock he pulled out a dvd with Bible Black on it, a friendship was formed that day.

So I started looking for more gameplay videos of Ghost Squad, and I somehow ended up at this. Two things.

A) Why the hell have I not tried playing an arcade light gun game wielding BOTH gun controllers before?
B) I wanna see this guy play Too Spicy the way he's playing HOTD 4.

Ahh..I had one near me though before I moved..was a nice way to get a shitload of Japanese candy and he sold Manga hella cheap.
I gotta say they are a great place to get imports. I saw that mine had BOSS coffee and nearly bought it.
It was late at night and I needed sleep.
I wish they had Blackout God tho...

I gotta say they are a great place to get imports. I saw that mine had BOSS coffee and nearly bought it.
It was late at night and I needed sleep.
I wish they had Blackout God tho...

Nah this place wasn't very big. Mostly a place for weebs to hang out..was a great Yugioh spot too.

Dude made some Dango one time..that shit was delicious.

Yo that's awesome.
He was a cool dude..I should go there next time I'm in Toledo

My body needs more Vespian Strawberry Pocky.

He had nothing like that, it was a really small shop but it had been there forever. Most really mainstream stuff Death Note, Naruto etc.

One time I jokingly asked him if he had Bible Black and he gave me the biggest shit eating grin and much to my shock he pulled out a dvd with Bible Black on it, a friendship was formed that day.

Yo that's awesome.

Which first? The giant series or smaller ones?

You need to find a better local anime store that has it in stock.

First I'm going to see if I can find them, then I'll probably watch a couple eps from each and go from there.
For the record, I don't stream, I download, so my choices are slightly limited in finding this stuff.

So I started looking for more gameplay videos of Ghost Squad, and I somehow ended up at this. Two things.

A) Why the hell have I not tried playing an arcade light gun game wielding BOTH gun controllers before?
B) I wanna see this guy play Too Spicy the way he's playing HOTD 4.
What a fucking performance. I still can't tell if they were laughing at or with the dude but holy shit his accuracy was amazing
What the fuck man, google stop. Leave it up

Ever since moving from Anchorage to the Seattle area, I basically gave up having a local anime store with games and other nerd shit for a proper arcade. Would like to have both, but can't win 'em all.

That store back home was the best, it's where I got my boxed copy of System Shock along with a ton of other old ass PC games. Still haven't found anything in Redmond or Seattle quite on that same level.

You're the villain in far cry 4?

I wouldn't know, never played it.

Only Farcry game I've ever been remotely interested in is Blood Dragon.

Yup. I'm 25 minutes away from a grocery store, let alone a niche shop. GameStop is 35 minutes away.
NSodE.gif

People still go to Gamestop? Who knew.

Btw I didn't feel the need to post Demo is once again alive..he'll probably be dead tomorrow again.

Ever since moving from Anchorage to the Seattle area, I basically gave up having a local anime store with games and other nerd shit for a proper arcade. Would like to have both, but can't win 'em all.

That store back home was the best, it's where I got my boxed copy of System Shock along with a ton of other old ass PC games. Still haven't found anything in Redmond or Seattle quite on that same level.

My local gamestop has a big bin of old pc games. I should go and get some but than I would have to go to gamestop

What a fucking performance. I still can't tell if they were laughing at or with the dude but holy shit his accuracy was amazing
Reminds me so much of when I used to look for old DDR freestyle videos back in high school. I even tried to do similar shit back then, though I haven't started doing that with my recent trips to gameworks as it's been so long. I would gladly make a total ass of myself in an arcade to get people to watch a performance like that.

My local gamestop has a big bin of old pc games. I should go and get some but than I would have to go to gamestop
I know that exact feeling. The ultimate dilemma.

I try to avoid it. I went to trade in GTAV for Destiny and realized it'd been like 2 years since I'd set foot in there. Steam Sales are god.

Oh geez. I never trade in a GTA game..I never trade in any game but especially a GTA game. There is too much dumb shit I can do.

FTFY btw.

Reminds me so much of when I used to look for old DDR freestyle videos back in high school. I even tried to do similar shit back then, though I haven't started doing that with my recent trips to gameworks as it's been so long. I would gladly make a total ass of myself in an arcade to get people to watch a performance like that.
I have a feeling people would react differently here in the states.

Never really liked modern open world sandbox stuff. I had some fun with Sleeping Dogs, but I dunno. Never my speed. Also, that too.

I'm just a weird asshole who would create scenarios for myself in RDR and GTA..Did the old school silent film villain thing where I kidnap a girl and tie her to the tracks..no one saved her. Among other dumb shit..I have too much imagination.

I don't care for Minecraft though..something about it just doesn't sit right with me.

I'm just a weird asshole who would create scenarios for myself in RDR and GTA..Did the old school silent film villain thing where I kidnap a girl and tie her to the tracks..no one saved her. Among other dumb shit..I have too much imagination.

I don't care for Minecraft though..something about it just doesn't sit right with me.
Nah, I think that's pretty normal. The games are kinda more like a toy than anything.

Though you reminded me I'm a hypocrite because I played like 400 hours of Minecraft with friends from like 2011-2013.

Top Bottom