• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Yeah I know, but it happens with controllers too. Or at least it used to, I'll have to see if it causes the same problem once I get another one.

And not really, I used to years ago because I played the drums, but I still had this same problem back then despite that. It's really odd.

You should get a pair of grips and work on your grip strength.

http://www.google.com/shopping/prod..._ad_type=pla&gclid=CMn74Mjp68ICFQQQ7AodExIAbw

It sounds like you're gripping too hard or trying motions that your hands are not familiar with.

First of all, isn't that Naoto in her fucking amazing Detective costume? I love her design in that spin-off so much.

Barbara is a very fast weapon, considering it shoots five times within half a second and only takes a second to reload. I won't further recommend you anything, I'll just tell you my own playstyle. See what you can get out of it:
Augmentationts: Attack + is a must as it improves my general damage output. I personally also carry augments that increase damage on certain types of abductors (switch depending on which one you encounter in a mission). Other than that, I find that Attack: Clinging works wonders as I'm always clinging onto walls or the abductors themselves and this augment basically increases your damage when you're clinging onto either the environment or the enemies themselves.

Weapons: Barbara's Easy Blaster P (BEB or BEBP from now on), which is an upgrade you make to the regular easy blaster once it reaches level five. Found a rarity 5, late bloomer "BEB" with 368 attack, which is a possible damage value for late blooming weapons. I upgraded it up to level 5 after which I turned it into its evolved form. At that point, I combined it with a different perfect rate weapon in order to make it the best possible late bloomer. I leveled it as far as I could (5, I think) and added power (L) module to it among others. Right now it's approximately a 1200 damage shotgun that shoots five times within half a second and is further strengthened by two of the before mentioned augmentations (keep in mind that it's a late bloomer, so it's actually supposed to get way stronger if I could upgrade it further). It does quite a bit of damage and destroys parts way faster than melee weapons do, all the while inflicting more damage in the process. It has two weaknesses: You have to stay close to bosses to do damage (preferrably on top of them) and it runs out of ammo fast. I solved the second issue by carrying two of them =P.

Accessory: I often tell her to destroy parts if I need help with a part or harvest materials if I'm killing it on my own. I've given her a good EZ Nashorn III as I find that weapon has a good balance between damage output and ammo capacity per clip.

Only if I play for too long and only if I'm gripping the controller tightly due to hectic fights. Does sound pretty bad tho. Wrist Brace could indeed help. Otherwise, stop strangling your controller =P.

God damn right it is. I wanted it as an avatar the instant I saw it last month but it was still X-mas and I didn't wanna change from my X-mas avatar until December was over. If you have a link to that spin-off mind PM'ing it to me? Been wanting to read it.

Also, I feel like a complete and utter idiot now. I remember unlocking Augmentations but I never once even looked into them so I've been going without them for who knows how long now. That's probably one big reason that my damage is so freaking bad.

croten

...There are enemies with instant kills?

It was just in fights, mostly from those claw monsters and the giant air snakes. They attack pretty quickly and I wasn't prepared for it

Yep

No but Bayo 1 had a good few instant kill QTEs in the game. He may be referring to those.

No but Bayo 1 had a good few instant kill QTEs in the game. He may be referring to those.

Oh yeah, the ones where you have to press Y to jump or something during a cutscene. Those got me once, then I did the RE4 thing where I keep my hand on the controller at all times during cutscenes.

I managed to avoid dying! Yay!

In other "Oh God, why is Montana a state?" news, it's 2 degrees outside, but it feels like negative 20. And if that doesn't sound fun, it's going to feel like negative 40 tomorrow.

There isn't an emoji that describes how this makes me feel.

ultimax

oh jeez, i fell asleep in the instasynch room again, and the first thing i see when i wake up is kiss x sis. its like you guys planned this or something ;~;

croten

I managed to avoid dying! Yay!

In other "Oh God, why is Montana a state?" news, it's 2 degrees outside, but it feels like negative 20. And if that doesn't sound fun, it's going to feel like negative 40 tomorrow.

There isn't an emoji that describes how this makes me feel.

Sounds great.

ultimax

I didn't even know we were in the instasync room last night
i just get caught lurking there all the time, and then thats when the party gets started. it was like 5 am and i was watching fate/zero
What a wonderful thing to wake up to. What scene was it?

no clue, i was too tired to tell what i was looking at it before i closed my laptop lol. all i saw was that the entirety of season 1 was happening in my sleep.

Jesus christ what the hell Freedom Wars. Did I just forget how to play or something or did the game get bullshit hard?

Generic NPC Sinners are killing me with 1 3-burst clip from their rifles before I have a chance to counter attack because each bullet hit stuns me..

360pages

Tales of Legendia was such a cluster fuck of a story. Legit, they could make 3 RPGs out of the constantly shifting plot line. (It doesn't' help that the second half of the game isn't voiced)

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Jesus christ what the hell Freedom Wars. Did I just forget how to play or something or did the game get bullshit hard?

Generic NPC Sinners are killing me with 1 3-burst clip from their rifles before I have a chance to counter attack because each bullet hit stuns me..

I've spent the last hour just upgrading my weapons and getting augmentations.

360pages

Why am I enjoying a Slice of life romance in the Pokemonverse...

Vbz1ogW.jpg

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Using a keyboard to play fightan games... that's a bad idea. Your hands will hate you for it because of how quick you need to enter inputs.

There's nothing really prohibitive about playing fighting games on a keyboard except for the keyboards that lock up when holding more than 2 inputs at a time. People type pretty quickly. Faster inputs shouldn't be an issue on a keyboard. It's basically just a hitbox.

There's just a learning curve, much like a hitbox, and it arguably provides a greater degree of precision than a pad or stick. The main issue with keyboards/hitboxes is 360 motions.

There's nothing really prohibitive about playing fighting games on a keyboard except for the keyboards that lock up when holding more than 2 inputs at a time. People type pretty quickly. Faster inputs shouldn't be an issue on a keyboard. It's basically just a hitbox.

There's just a learning curve, much like a hitbox, and it arguably provides a greater degree of precision than a pad or stick. The main issue with keyboards/hitboxes is 360 motions.

Admittedly I've never tried to play with a keyboard w/r/t fighters so I don't know how difficult the learning curve is. The thought of doing it however I could see attribute to Beloved's hand cramps.

It took me some time to acclimate to using a controller for console FPSs, so I supposed it wouldn't be too difficult an adjustment to go the other way for fighters. It'd be unorthodox to see.

Although, if someone ever brought a keyboard and mouse to a tournament and proceeded to use them to play, I'd be a little intimidated/mind fucked. Those head games man.

Admittedly I've never tried to play with a keyboard w/r/t fighters so I don't know how difficult the learning curve is. The thought of doing it however I could see attribute to Beloved's hand cramps.

It took me some time to acclimate to using a controller for console FPSs, so I supposed it wouldn't be too difficult an adjustment to go the other way for fighters. It'd be unorthodox to see.

Although, if someone ever brought a keyboard and mouse to a tournament and proceeded to use them to play, I'd be a little intimidated/mind fucked. Those head games man.

You want mind games?

They bring a keyboard, only to flip it over and reveal that its actually a fightstick. Then they open the fightstick up to pull out a Dreamcast controller.

Nah dude just make some ramen, hard boil an egg and throw some green onions in it. It's godlike.

I don't have any of those things inside my house :(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

A hitbox:

It's just an adjustment like everything else. Stick to pad to keyboard to hitbox. It's all the same adjustment, and people will have different preferences.

I'm just thinking it probably wouldn't be less ergonomical than typing in general. I do recall someone bringing a keyboard to a FGT stream once. It's not common, though. As a kid, I played a lot of fighters on PC emulators, so I'd use the keyboard there.

You want mind games?

They bring a keyboard, only to flip it over and reveal that its actually a fightstick. Then they open the fightstick up to pull out a Dreamcast controller.

PlNYZLP.gif

It's just an adjustment like everything else. Stick to pad to keyboard to hitbox. It's all the same adjustment, and people will have different preferences.

I'm just thinking it probably wouldn't be less ergonomical than typing in general.
I do recall someone bringing a keyboard to a FGT stream once. It's not common, though. As a kid, I played a lot of fighters on PC emulators, so I'd use the keyboard there.

YMMV. I'm not a very quick typer.

A hitbox:

I'm just thinking it probably wouldn't be less ergonomical than typing in general. I do recall someone bringing a keyboard to a FGT stream once. It's not common, though. As a kid, I played a lot of fighters on PC emulators, so I'd use the keyboard there.
I always wondered if I could get better play out of a hitbox, but the learning curve scared me. Do you have any experience with one?

Eh I usually throw a regular egg in. It immediately cooks it after I throw in the water.
I either hard boil mine and cut it in half or I'll fry it over hard. Either way very tasty.

You want mind games?

I don't have any of those things inside my house :(

Next time you venture to the store pick up some basic cooking items man <.< Much cheaper and tastier then running to a Fast Food place everytime you're hungry <3

After playing alot of system shock 2 I'm gonna pull out my elitest hipster card and say bioshock ain't anything special

Next time you venture to the store pick up some basic cooking items man <.< Much cheaper and tastier then running to a Fast Food place everytime you're hungry <3

I wish I could cook. I could probably save money on not buy pizza constantly. Also I'm amazed I'm still not fat.

Finished Kill La Kill

While enjoyed the show, the ending was meh for me. I wanted Ryuko to deliver a crushing final blow on her mother.

I still am not a fan of Mako. However the other side characters were fun.

And yes this show was off the fucking rails.

Also Ryuko is definitely waifu tier

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I always wondered if I could get better play out of a hitbox, but the learning curve scared me. Do you have any experience with one?

Unfortunately, I don't have any hitbox experience. It might actually be a decent test to try a keyboard board for a bit, since it's similar in functionality to a hitbox.

This isn't exactly an uncommon opinion. SS2's level design, story and gameplay were significantly better, though I still like Bioshock 1's atmosphere.
I'm biased and I like space stuff way more than stupid steampunk shit. So the atmosphere of bioshock never really clicked with me.

Loco4Coco

Finished Kill La Kill

While enjoyed the show, the ending was meh for me. I wanted Ryuko to deliver a crushing final blow on her mother.

I still am not a fan of Mako. However the other side characters were fun.

And yes this show was off the fucking rails.

Also Ryuko is definitely waifu tier

Glad you enjoyed it.

Top Bottom