• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Still never played Demon's. It's sold out at all my game stores every time I have credit or extra money, but I'll pick it up eventually.

Dark 1 is one of my favorite games of all time and one of the two games from last gen to get me to say that.
The other is RE5. #Hatersgonnahate

What does everyone else pick? For the gift?

I honestly don't even remember what the gifts in 2 were, since they're all pretty useless.

In 1 the only choice is the Key.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
That's what prevented me from enjoying DS1 more. Playing DS2 spoiled me on a lot of gameplay improvements.
I still find DS1 to be a wholly crafted, masterful video game.

I'm playing Demons Souls right now, and after attempting to play Dark Souls and stopping at that goddamn section of the game that
A) Has no bonfire
B) Has fucking ghosts everywhere
C) Is fucking annoying
D) Caused me to rage quit for the first time and keep it that way for around 5 months.

I'm finding that Demons Souls is just overall more fun than DS, and I'm enjoying it's combat way more.

Because that's what video games are ultimately all about, right? Fun?

Still never played Demon's. It's sold out at all my game stores every time I have credit or extra money, but I'll pick it up eventually.

Dark 1 is one of my favorite games of all time and one of the two games from last gen to get me to say that.
The other is RE5. #Hatersgonnahate

Aaron just go buy it on the PSN store it's like 19.99

croten

giphy.gif

That's what prevented me from enjoying DS1 more. Playing DS2 spoiled me on a lot of gameplay improvements.
I still find DS1 to be a wholly crafted, masterful video game.

The only gameplay improvements in DS 2 are the menus.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
The Souls series isn't exceptionally hard, playing through Dark Souls 1 caused me to have the realization that this game isn't hard in the sense it's deliberately trying to ruin your day, it's hard in the sense that it's like playing an RPG with all of the safety features off, there is a very big difference.

If DSP could beat it, it wasn't hard enough.

Xiraiya

I want to play Demon's just for the potential tie-in to Bloodborne, but my god the UI in Demon's looks like a game from the PSX era.
Beloved was surprised when I mentioned Demon Souls came out in 2009, because unless you see screenshots showing off the models and textures properly, it really looks ancient.

If DSP could beat it, it wasn't hard enough.
The control scheme isn't exactly complicated, and he abused miracles and spells etc. In melee he couldn't do anything.

I want to play Demon's just for the potential tie-in to Bloodborne, but my god the UI in Demon's looks like a game from the PSX.

Beloved was surprised when I mentioned Demon Souls came out in 2008/2009.

Aside from my not wanting to hook my PS3 back up, this is also another reason I can't bring myself to play the game.

I wish I could get back into the game, but the changes and arguably improvements that Dark 1 brought to the series make it hard to go back. I tried it, but it's just not as fun as it was back when I played it at release.

Yeah, pretty much. I'm having the same issue with Persona 3 as well. I made the mistake of playing P4G first so trying to go back is proving to be impossible.

Also man I think I got stuck in Freedom Wars. I can't beat this current CODE 6 mission I'm on because my weapons are so weak and it takes so damn long that I run out of time. >_<

Emouse

They did and it's not great.

It's still No More Heroes, though, so it's at least a tad awesome.

Yeah it's not as fun as the Wii version, th PS move doesn't work well at all and using the DS3 isn't great either, but still it's NMH so you can't go much wrong

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yeah, pretty much. I'm having the same issue with Persona 3 as well. I made the mistake of playing P4G first so trying to go back is proving to be impossible.

Happened to me too, I still haven't beaten P3. I'm finding the combat to be tedious and the social links to be sub-par.

Also man I think I got stuck in Freedom Wars. I can't beat this current CODE 6 mission I'm on because my weapons are so weak and it takes so damn long that I run out of time. >_<

We were discussing this yesterday. It takes fucking forever to beat multiple abductors, and even with amped up weapons, it's still not fun.

I'm playing Demons Souls right now, and after attempting to play Dark Souls and stopping at that goddamn section of the game that
A) Has no bonfire
C) Is fucking annoying
D) Caused me to rage quit for the first time and keep it that way for around 5 months.

I'm finding that Demons Souls is just overall more fun than DS, and I'm enjoying it's combat way more.

Ah, New Londo Ruins.

If you're struggling with the ghosts, then the game is telling you to go to another area.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Somewhat fun, but deeply, deeply flawed. The game limits the player severely and never really opens up too much. Missions are often very similar and there isn't a lot of enemy variety. The story goes nowhere and is overall poorly told. Customisation system is annoying and boring.

Overall it's just a fucking mess of a game, but it's still fun to fight large monsters with a small variety of weapons as you hookshot and stunt all over the place.

Sounds like Destiny.

I've heard comparisons made to Monster Hunter. I suspect that a lot of the draw is the cooperative aspect of it. Hookshotting sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Xiraiya

A) Has no bonfire
C) Is fucking annoying

New Londo isn't even difficult, Transient curses let you hit ghosts and usually they drop more than you will burn through, so you'll always have a way to hit them, they go down in in one or two hits.

Yeah, all right. Here's a good link to start. The upgrade system was way less difficult than I thought it was. If you have questions, ask. And if you still need help, ask for that as well. I'm playing Freedom Wars atm as well, so I don't mind.

That's actually the topic I was looking into last night but it assumes you're already CODE 8 and is based around the assumption that you're able to get the highest tier of weapons.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
This is not the game's fault. Stop assuming that the game is just going to let you dominate every area from the get-go. If you can't handle a certain area for whatever reason, retreat, find another path and come back later. Stop running head-first into it.

I'm out of transient curses, and I've already rung the other bell of awakening. What else is there to do?

Also, anyone want to recommend songs in english for me to sing? I wanna practice my chops. No rap please.
Big Blast Sonic.

Man, it's a shame that Xrd didn't have a console specific opening using that song. It has the arcade opening with Heavy Day, but dammit Big Blast Sonic is so much better.

Also I still STRONGLY recommend trying out the Barbara easy blaster (P) if you're looking for something to make your life easier.

I'm wanting something that hits quick with multiple hits. I've never eally been too much of a fan of the slow, hard hitting type of weapons. I was using the Barbara for a good while there near the beginning but the one I had quickly started to become irrelevant once I reach CODE 5+. Guess I'll just have to research this stuff a bit more and see what I can do with what I have.

If there's one thing about this game that I have to say I absolutely hate it's definitely this system. I don't mind the repetitive missions or the lolstory, just this stupid upgrading that makes no god damn sense.

Beloved

Does anyone else have a problem with their hands cramping up bad after playing a fighter for awhile? Its super annoying, gets to the point I have to stop playing for a couple of hours

Does anyone else have a problem with their hands cramping up bad after playing a fighter for awhile? Its super annoying, gets to the point I have to stop playing for a couple of hours
Not really with fighters, especially since I use a stick to play them. Character action games and Armored Core though, I can tense up quite a bit from gripping the controller and having a finger on every button and trigger at once.

croten

Depends on the controller more than the genre for me. Handhelds kind fuck me up after a while.

I have that problem all the time, but I have carpletunnel really bad so thats what is causing it. Trying wearing a wrist brace to take some of the pressure off.

Edit: Is Steam kinda going nuts for anyone else?

Beloved

How long are you playing where that becomes a problem??

Not very long at all, with in an hour of playing.

Sometimes after really long sessions. Are you playing on keyboard? That might be the reason.

Yeah I am because I dont have a controller right now but I had the same thing happen back when I played fighters on PS2/PS3

I have that problem all the time, but I have carpletunnel really bad so thats what is causing it. Trying wearing a wrist brace to take some of the pressure off.

That's probably a good idea, it's weird though that no other games seem to cause this issue, even if they are intense.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Could it be that you're clutching the controller a little too tightly? Are you playing pad or stick?

I think I've been playing fighters for long enough where this tends to not be a problem for me anymore. I can play for sessions of upwards of 5 hours or more without any real issue., and I have callouses on my fingers now so my fingers don't really get hurt. Starting out can be rough, though.

Not very long at all, with in an hour of playing.

Yeah I am because I dont have a controller right now
but I had the same thing happen back when I played fighters on PS2/PS3

That's probably a good idea, it's weird though that no other games seem to cause this issue, even if they are intense.

Using a keyboard to play fightan games... that's a bad idea. Your hands will hate you for it because of how quick you need to enter inputs.

You should seriously pick up at the very minimum a wired controller. It'll save your hands from arthritis. Also, do you exercise your hands/fingers?

Beloved

Using a keyboard to play fightan games... that's a bad idea. Your hands will hate you for it because of how quick you need to enter inputs.

You should seriously pick up at the very minimum a wired controller. It'll save your hands from arthritis. Also, do you exercise your hands/fingers?

Yeah I know, but it happens with controllers too. Or at least it used to, I'll have to see if it causes the same problem once I get another one.

And not really, I used to years ago because I played the drums, but I still had this same problem back then despite that. It's really odd.

Top Bottom