• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Anung

Un Rama
I used to have FN3 but its disappeared off my shelf. That game still looks pretty good considering its a launch title and that shit was mind blowing back in the day.

I used to have FN3 but its disappeared off my shelf. That game still looks pretty good considering its a launch title and that shit was mind blowing back in the day.

Aside from the really funny looking hit animations and awkward punches, yep it's a very pretty boxing game.

Emouse

Ugh I need to stop going to sleep at 5am and getting up at 2 in the afternoon, it feels like I'm wasting daytime when there's video games to be played

But hey thread 10! What's happening frienders

Ugh I need to stop going to sleep at 5am and getting up at 2 in the afternoon, it feels like I'm wasting daytime when there's video games to be played

Not much, most of us are still sleeping.

Give it a few hours until everyone wakes up.

Also, go enjoy some Straight Shota, it is now Frienders recommended!

Zenfalcia

Morning Frienders~

Glad to see Zen is surviving on his trip.

Survived. I'm back at home now. Dying due to lack of sleep.

Hurray for terrible sleep schedules. It's not that bad, just 9 hours of sleep.

I'm getting wisdom teeth pulled in 2 hours so that should be fun.

Good to have you back.

Good luck with those wisdom teeth.

Salute.gif

Never I hate shotas.
But you love it though.

Ah yes timezones I always forget that, maybe I will! or maybe not
or maybe because all shota all the time amirite

Ouch that doesn't sound like a lot of fun, good luck tho friender!
thismanknows.gif

Never I hate shotas.

Welcome back.

Sleeping is for the weak. Why sleep when you can watch anime? Good luck on your wisdom teeth.

Emouse

Not much, most of us are still sleeping.

Give it a few hours until everyone wakes up.

Ah yes timezones I always forget that, maybe I will! or maybe not
or maybe because all shota all the time amirite

Ouch that doesn't sound like a lot of fun, good luck tho friender!

Nordicus

Eh, I've had wisdom teeth pulled broken apart violently with a drill on two different occasions, and honestly the suckiest part is not being allowed to eat solid foods for first 2-3 days. The surgery or pain themselves aren't that bad. The pain of a crooked wisdom tooth pressing against other teeth is so bad I lost several nights' sleep though

Xiraiya

The Pursuer. He's annoying
The first Pursuer encounter? He can be taken care of if you just constantly circle around him and attack 2 (3 if ballsy) times after an attack, the real thing to watch out for is his combo that you need to roll through, most of the time though his bigger attacks won't track very well.

I killed him as a Knight, the Firesword or Heide Sword is pretty good for him, but you can do it with the broadsword just fine.

The Pursuer. He's annoying

This is a fight that is easier by yourself because if you summon someone in they are gonna want to do it the cool way with the ballistas. As long as you aren't running a filthy mage build..

Time your roll into his thrust attack so you roll behind him (hit him once or twice depending if you're STR or DEX)
Just flat out avoid him when his sword turns blue.
When he does his combo and does his downward lunge just roll opposite of whatever way he swings then for his downward just roll behind him (hit him one or twice again)

Rinse and Repeat until he is dead.

P.S Offense and Defense are the same in DS if you need to heal, heal in the time you would normally be attacking him.

The one with the balistas and I'm knight class. Going Halberd

Roll to his sword side after he rushes and use a roll attack. Attack him once, then retreat.

Pretty much lame it out.

Avoid the blue sword stab. It'll one hit you. Make sure to keep armor light so you can roll and recover stamina. If you're not using a shield, the roll is key.

Good god I need people for this. I think I should of went Mage
Don't you dare become a filthy mage <.<

Get the Greatsword. Grind until you can use it. Beat the game.
This is always an option if you can lame out No Man's Wharf long enough to get it.
Where's the greatsword?
In a chest in No Man's Wharf with Gavlan. There are I think two chests and one of them has an arrow trap so be ready to block.

Xiraiya

Good god I need people for this. I think I should of went Mage

I just restarted about 2 days ago and managed to kill him on the arena before the Giant.

His dash/upward swing will go past you if you're circling him around his left (shield) side closely, as will his blue curse attack.

Both leave him open to a few good hits, his regular combo is usually what would cause me to start taking damage, timing the roll through his second hit when he tries to hit you with the shield usually is 50/50 for me, and his 3rd swing in that combo always looks like it'll miss you but usually doesn't so you have to roll through that too.

You just have to stay calm, his attacks seem like the kind that are way more intimidating looking than they actually are.

I like how my internet stops working as I try to post this

Squishy3

Everyone knows the only way to defeat the Pursuer is to summon someone else and get shot in the back by them firing the ballista

I think Def Jam might be my favorite Matt/Woolie LP. Mainly because I completely ignore the gameplay and just listen to the Rage lore build through the cutscenes.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Everyone knows the only way to defeat the Pursuer is to summon someone else and get shot in the back by them firing the ballista

Dark Souls 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and this is one of the reasons I hate and love it.

BTW I played Dark Souls 2 before Dark Souls, which caused me to believe that DS2 is better than DS, because I thought DS2 was plenty hard so DS was just stupid hard.

Fuck Knight Class. I'm going Mage

SaltyJohns II AWAY

giphy.gif

Dark Souls 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and this is one of the reasons I hate and love it.

BTW I played Dark Souls 2 before Dark Souls, which caused me to believe that DS2 is better than DS, because I thought DS2 was plenty hard so DS was just stupid hard.

That's what prevented me from enjoying DS1 more. Playing DS2 spoiled me on a lot of gameplay improvements.
I still find DS1 to be a wholly crafted, masterful video game.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

SaltyJohns II AWAY

My first playthrough of DS2 I was a mage, but I hated using magic cuz it took so long (I only used it during boss fights) so I just grinded my STR, STAM, RES, END, and DEX so I could use weapons and shields like a normal person. I was a cleric for my second go.

SaltyJohns II AWAY

Good luck man, as the #1 Souls Magic fan of the thread I can say it makes significant parts of 2 waaaaay harder. You're pretty much obligated to use a weapon, so you're gonna be stuck with some shitty stuff on top of your magic, which doesn't have great damage.

My build for beating the game last time was INT/STR. Magic Greatsword fucked shit up and what it didn't took spells.

Xiraiya

The Souls series isn't exceptionally hard, playing through Dark Souls 1 caused me to have the realization that this game isn't hard in the sense it's deliberately trying to ruin your day, it's hard in the sense that it's like playing an RPG with all of the safety features off, there is a very big difference.

So when people can't deal with that, I end up just thinking that they're just pathetic but a great example of some of the issues of the gaming culture today.
Don't get me wrong though, not everyone should be a master of the souls series or something, I'm talking about the people who try it once and then absolutely refuse to ever pick a souls game up again and hate the series specifically because of the fact they couldn't do it.

I went with healing items for my DS2 gift, just because I was all about collecting every item in every area, so healing items gave me the highest number of starting items.

Top Bottom