• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

I'm sorry, but I got to culinary school and culinary is my burning passion.

ADULT.gif

I'm going to get a crock pot soon.

I just gotta figure out what to cook. When I get back from a tour, I rarely want to cook.

Slow cook a shit load of meat and pull it off the bone and just live on pulled pork/chicken/beef tacos for a week.

Zenfalcia

Invest in a crock pot man..you can make some amazing shit with them.

Roasts..pulled pork/chicken/beef..meatballs..tons of stuff

Tons. Soups,stews... Cooking is fun... Except when the food turns out inedible.. ;_;
I don't microwave pasta, I actually go out of my room to use the stove. But it's not frequent for the reasons I had described.

Yep, if you had it all in your apartment it would be easier and more convienent.

joe2187

Banned
Here's the other thing with me regarding cooking.

I'm in a studio apartment. I may have a minifridge and a microwave, but to actually cook anything that would require a stove or oven I have to LEAVE my room to go to one of the common areas and use it.

The only reason I want to get out of my room is if I'm leaving the building to go somewhere else.

Shouldnt cost you more than a $140 for all three. I like using the gas range propane canisters are really cheap and they last for a while.

So wait. Its like a hot plate, but a pot with a lid. I need that for my apartment.

Tons. Soups,stews... Cooking is fun... Except when the food turns out inedible.. ;_;

Yep, if you had it all in your apartment it would be easier and more convienent.

I don't mean to Shill
(Yes I do)
but Nuwave convection top ovens are the shit. I used to work at place where I had to sell them..On the weekends when shit was cray and we couldn't go home because people kept calling they would make us food to eat on them..that shit was good too. Just plug it in and it's like an oven.

Just don't be Yukiko and you're food will always be edible :)

Tako

Slow cook a shit load of meat and pull it off the bone and just live on pulled pork/chicken/beef tacos for a week.
Shit I used to put beef roasts with potatoes and carrots and throw in whatever soda with the seasoning and you have some bomb ass roast
Shouldnt cost you more than a $140 for all three. I like using the gas range propane canisters are really cheap and they last for a while.

Always invest in a convention oven and an induction burner, with few pots and pans. You can fucking cook a 3 star meal with just those to things

Zenfalcia

I don't mean to Shill
(Yes I do)
but Nuwave convection top ovens are the shit. I used to work at place where I had to sell them..On the weekends when shit was cray and we couldn't go home because people kept calling they would make us food to eat on them..that shit was good too. Just plug it in and it's like an oven.

Just don't be Yukiko and you're food will always be edible :)

Nothing will ever beat gas stoves.. nothing. I've eaten food from a gas stove vs a convection induction and it's just not the same.

Edit: whoops.. i mean induction.. :p my bad.. ignore me.. >_>
You gotta drop that picture man. NeoGAF rules.

I was about to say it was ok, but then i saw the watermark.

I've never been one for sweets, even as a kid. I always loved fruit though..I still do. I can tear through a bag of grapes in about 30 minutes.

Never been a sweets guy either. Closest thing is soda, but depending on the type that isn't necessarily sweet. Or at least that isn't what I'm getting out of it. I'm more just lazy and eat terrible/delicious food and then don't work out for long periods of time.

I'm cooking fucking Bagel Bites right now.

joe2187

Banned
I'm sorry, but I got to culinary school and culinary is my burning passion.

Oh, I was like you. So young with burning passion for cooking. I still and I love my job and cooking.

But fuck culinary schools man, especially the cordon bleu, I hope you didnt get fucked by them like all my coworkers did.

So wait. Its like a hot plate, but a pot with a lid. I need that for my apartment.

Crockpots are good.

but Dutch Ovens are better.

Le%20Creuset%20Cherry%20Red%20Dutch%20Oven.jpg

Nothing will ever beat gas stoves.. nothing. I've eaten food from a gas stove vs a convection and it's just not the same.

I was about to say it was ok, but then i saw the watermark.
This is very true, but for some of the Frienders living situations it would be ideal..I will never replicate the flavor that a gas stove gives a torilla when you grill it on there..mmm..
Never been a sweets guy either. Closest thing is soda, but depending on the type that isn't necessarily sweet. Or at least that isn't what I'm getting out of it. I'm more just lazy and eat terrible/delicious food and then don't work out for long periods of time.

I'm cooking fucking Bagel Bites right now.

I'm the same way, I just eat a fuck ton of food sometimes and then forget to work out.

Fuck Bagel Bites though..pizza rolls are my thing.

Try making your own, shit is so cash. Reasonably cheap if you get whatever nuts you like when they're in season. I think I spent like 15 buck for all the ingredient and I made about 4 pounds of granola.
Basically this, try taking some kind of nut and mixing it with dried cranberries and granola..shit is amazing, healthy and relatively cheap depending on what nut you use.

Tako

Granola bars were my fuel during high school, after I dropped coffee.

Try one. So much more energy.

Try making your own, shit is so cash. Reasonably cheap if you get whatever nuts you like when they're in season. I think I spent like 15 buck for all the ingredient and I made about 4 pounds of granola.

Zenfalcia

I've never been one for sweets, even as a kid. I always loved fruit though..I still do. I can tear through a bag of grapes in about 30 minutes.

Both are good. I can appreciate good fruit.
Granola bars were my fuel during high school, after I dropped coffee.

Try one. So much more energy.

Oh, i know. It was the same for me. The chocolate bars are just out of desperation for food in my stomach since they are left overs i bought cheap after halloween.. i'm barely done half of one box..

I also have pizza rolls, but I'm saving those to eat while I watch Wrestle Kingdom tomorrow.
I should make some homemade pizza soon..it sounds good.

Both are good. I can appreciate good fruit.

Oh, i know. It was the same for me. The chocolate bars are just out of desperation for food in my stomach since they are left overs i bought cheap after halloween.. i'm barely done half of one box..

If you give me a bag of grapes, apples, tangerines, or cherries..I will love you forever. Only real candy I enjoy is stuff like Peppermint Patties.

I should get some fruit tomorrow, but it's so cold, and I don't have a vehicle...
Walking in the cold is great exercise, your body has to work harder. Reward yourself with a fruit smoothie when you get back..take some tangerines and mix them with blueberries..shit is cash.

Tako

I also have pizza rolls, but I'm saving those to eat while I watch Wrestle Kingdom tomorrow.

Just get that Pillsbury crescent dough, pepperonis, cheese sticks,garlic powder, and some tomato sauce and bam dude. Home made big badass pizza bites without all those unwanted trans fats and shit

Well I have something new on my wishlist. thanks alot.

I got one of these for christmas and couldnt have been happier.
When I make arroz y gandules in it, not even a scrap of rice is left.
No problem, but for a pan and a pot that's that price I don't feel bad recommending to people. That thing looks awesome.
Just get that Pillsbury crescent dough, pepperonis, cheese sticks,garlic powder, and some tomato sauce and bam dude. Home made big badass pizza bites without all those unwanted trans fats and shit
That sounds fucking awesome, I'm doing this.

MSG stands for "Makes Stuff Good"

Zenfalcia

This is very true, but for some of the Frienders living situations it would be ideal..I will never replicate the flavor that a gas stove gives a torilla when you grill it on there..mmm..

Yep, closest they could do is a portable propane stove.
I should make some homemade pizza soon..it sounds good.

If you give me a bag of grapes, apples, tangerines, or cherries..I will love you forever. Only real candy I enjoy is stuff like Peppermint Patties.

It's also easy. Only problem is waiting hours for it to cook.

All of them mixed into one bag and regardless if they are sweet or sour?

No but seriously look at this rad pot.

Me and my Dad have been making dough in a breadmaker. Premade crusts leave a lot to be desired.
Nothing will ever top homemade dough for me...fresh baked bread is quite possibly the closest I can get to wanting to marry something that doesn't have a pulse.

Nah dude that's legit, it may not sound like it..but it's good as fuck.

Make sure to brush the crescents in garlic butter and sprinkle some parm on top as well.

I'm gonna recommend Golden Boy because it's fucking hilarious and only like 8 episodes, Hellsing because it's pretty cool vampire shit. These are the only two I can think of at the top of my head that hasn't been recommended to you

Damn, forgot about Hellsing... that would have been so much easier to watch, too...
But I'm pretty locked into these three now, I'll have to try Skullman and Hellsing later.
Also, you know I saw Golden Boy! Damn hilarious is what it is.
GoldenBoy-101657714-10-43.jpg

Archgan

have the best friends watched gintama? if not we need to push it for summer slam
Pat came in here awhile ago looking for anime recommendations and we pushed gintama, hxh, and monster. He ignored gintama, said hxh's art style was too bland, and decided to watch monster instead.

Nothing will ever top homemade dough for me...fresh baked bread is quite possibly the closest I can get to wanting to marry something that doesn't have a pulse.
I think my dad would commit adultery with fresh bread.
What type of flour do you use? who needs a breadmaker? Use them hands!
"Gold Medal Bread Flour" Unbleached, Unbrominated and Enriched. (I'm pretty lazy when it comes to making bread though.)

have the best friends watched gintama? if not we need to push it for summer slam

Won't happen. They're too superficial when it comes to anime at a first glance.

Just because something looks bad or starts bad doesn't mean it remains that way. They even gave a perfect example this past podcast with Parks & Rec.

Top Bottom