• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Interrupting cooking time over here but what was the thoughts on the first first 3 episodes of gintama? They are filler and should be skipped or something?

joe2187

Banned
AP Flour more than likely

yeech

I think my dad would commit adultery with fresh bread.

"Gold Medal Brread Flour" Unbleached, Unbrominated and Enriched. (I'm pretty lazy when it comes to making bread though.)

If you want godlike pizza dough, get some "00" flour. Might not be something you would find in a supermarket but if you go to any italian deli, im pretty sure they sell it.

High Gluten bread flour is fine, though.

Zenfalcia

Won't happen. They're too superficial when it comes to anime at a first glance.

Just because something looks bad or starts bad doesn't mean it remains that way. They even gave a perfect example this past podcast with Parks & Rec.

Yeah, but to be fair. They don't have a lot of time and often make quick judgements to watcha series or not, except when pat marathon things like crazy. Sometimes they listen to fan suggestions...
Interrupting cooking time over here but what was the thoughts on the first first 3 episodes of gintama? They are filler and should be skipped or something?

You can watch them if you want, up to you. It won't do anything to change the later episodes.

Tako

yeech

If you want godlike pizza dough, get some "00" flour. Might not be something you would find in a supermarket but if you go to any italian deli, im pretty sure they sell it.

I just used whatever was pretty cheap and available when I cook. When I have the disposable income then I'll go the extra mile for my food

I can make a sandwich, and sometimes even a peanut butter sandwich.
But can you be the realest cool guy and brag about your Ramen skills.

Thanks for the recommendation. If I find it I'll pick it up.

I'm terrible at cookery. I can make a sick turkey sandwich, as I have detailed many times. Other than that the only other thing I can make is a badass Carne Asada burrito and they're delicious, but a fuck ton of work.

I'm terrible at cookery. I can make a sick turkey sandwich, as I have detailed many times. Other than that the only other thing I can make is a badass Carne Asada burrito and they're delicious, but a fuck ton of work.

Learn how to make pasta dishes man. They are some of the easiest things to learn how to cook. Spaghetti is hella easy

Sometimes i make a toast sandwich.

My go to quick meal have been french toast but with some peanut butter in between two slices. Not the same as the deepfried version, but good enough.

I refuse to believe that is a real thing.

360pages

I reached Ep 10 of Inferno Cop...

1360661445322.gif

Everyone needs to watch it. For some reason it remind me of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

joe2187

Banned
I just used whatever was pretty cheap and available when I cook. When I have the disposable income then I'll go the extra mile for my food

I worked in an italian restaurant for 4+ years, if I told that to the pizzaiolo I worked with he would shove my ass in the brick oven. Motherfucker wouldnt even use store bought cheese he had me make the mozzeralla fresh from scratch every day.

I can heat up sauce and noodles, but I can't make any of the stuff from scratch, so I don't really count that.
Take some burger throw it in a pot and brown it, make sure it doesn't scorch, add in seasonings once brown, thrown in tomatoe paste, sauce, mushrooms, whatever the fuck you want in it..let it cook for awhile and stir it once in awhile.

Oh, but it is a thing. It even has a wikipedia page. :3
Fuck that shit. Eat an apple.
Just a hair above a ketchup sandwich.
I laughed way to fucking hard at that.

Zenfalcia

I worked in an italian restaurant for 4+ years, if I told that to the pizzaiolo I worked with he would shove my ass in the brick oven. Motherfucker wouldnt even use store bought cheese he had me make the mozzeralla fresh from scratch every day.

woof.. well.. that must've been tough. How was the food?
Just a hair above a ketchup sandwich.

i dunno.. it's about the same.. since at least you have tomatoes in the ketchup.
That's amazing.

It is. I chuckle everytime i remember it/bring it up and almost make myself make it just to try it.

joe2187

Banned
Take some burger throw it in a pot and brown it, make sure it doesn't scorch, add in seasonings once brown, thrown in tomatoe paste, sauce, mushrooms, whatever the fuck you want in it..let it cook for awhile and stir it once in awhile.

Or take some sausages

boil em for 20 minutes on high, cool em and skin em, and cut em up into however big you like and throw that in your sauce. Add some garlic salt and a tbsp of red wine vinegar, shallots/onions whatever you like along with it and your golden.

Or take some sausages

boil em for 20 minutes on high, cool em and skin em, and cut em up into however big you like and throw that in your sauce. Add some garlic salt and a tbsp of red wine vinegar, shallots/onions whatever you like along with it and your golden.

Always an option. Didn't know if he wanted to get a little fancy with it or not. I fucking love italian sausage in my pasta.

Cookinggaf is bestgaf

It's pretty great.

joe2187

Banned
woof.. well.. that must've been tough. How was the food?

It was fun, but he would often get into fights with the other staff because they saw him as just a pizza maker and he was having none of that shit when you say "But...it's just pizza" and then he would cuss you out in italian and call your mother a bitch fucker.

The food was delicious, everything we made was from scratch, to the cheese, to the pastas and all the bread that was served, I would come in at 4AM in the morning and start making potato dough, feta cheese and gnocchi until 1:00PM

It was heaven.

Zenfalcia

It was fun, but he would often get into fights with the other staff because they saw him as just a pizza maker and he was having none of that shit when you say "But...it's just pizza" and then he would cuss you out in italian and call your mother a bitch fucker.

The food was delicious, everything we made was from scratch, to the cheese, to the pastas and all the bread that was served, I would come in at 4AM in the morning and start making potato dough, feta cheese and gnocchi until 1:00PM

It was heaven.

Pizza is the real deal. It's never just pizza. Although i'm not too picky.. frozen is terrible ok.

Nothing can beat a good italian meal made from scratch.. store bought brands aren't even close.

Pizza is the real deal. It's never just pizza. Although i'm not too picky.. frozen is terrible ok.

Nothing can beat a good italian meal made from scratch.. store bought brands aren't even close.

Making pizza completely from scratch is nearly an all day job but fuck is it worth it..I've eaten two pizzas before because I was tired and hungry..from making pizza.

My mom makes an amazing white sauce garlic chicken pizza. Even people who hate all those things die the moment they taste it and I need to learn how to make it.

I eat a lot of shitty frozen pizza due to being a night owl and nowhere being open past 9 in my town. Freschetta is the best you'll get in most average stores.

joe2187

Banned
It's not delivery, it's garbage. It's only a last resort when nothing else is available..

When I was a kid, i used to take thomas muffins, cut em in half, slather em with tomato sauce, mozzerella cheese and slices of pepperoni and nuke em in the microwave.

it was godlike.

Top Bottom