• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

You know, for an anime that contains video games, creepily close siblings, and l thigh socks, I don't find it that intersting. I think I don't even want to watch the second episode to be honest.
It''s the Marie from P4G effect. It's just too much pandering.
To speak seriously about No Game No Life, it's just mediocre. It's like if you wanted to see a lazy, goofy, fanservicey Death Note or Code Geass scenario where it's basically "the main character is a genius". Without the focus or writing quality of either show.
I was tired, drunk and lazy, so no.
Those are three good reasons. Anyway unless something bad happens, should be fine. Windows backups are nice.

Yeah. Haven't gotten a BSOD yet. Hope it stays that way. Fuck AMD tho, I should hop back to team green soon.
AMD's video cards give them a lot of bad lipservice. I'll tout the processors for their price point till I die though.
Anybody else looking forward to Awesome Games Done Quick this year?

Starts later on today.
That's today!? Aw shit, son. Hope my internet can handle it.

demidar

AMD's video cards give them a lot of bad lipservice. I'll tout the processors for their price point till I die though.

That's today!? Aw shit, son. Hope my internet can handle it.

This is gonna fuck up my sleep schedule. The universe is against me sleeping through the night like a normal person!

Gonna watch that and Wrestle Kingdom 9 today. Gonna be hot as hell.

Anybody know the schedule for AGDQ?

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Rizzi

Man, hearthstone is such a bullshit pay to win game.
If you want to be able to beat people you need good cards, and to get good cards you need to buy them, otherwise it takes literally an eternity to get the currency to buy one pack.

If you want to be able to beat people you need good cards, and to get good cards you need to buy them, otherwise it takes literally an eternity to get the currency to buy one pack.

It's just a CCG. It's not any worse than any other cardgame. Heck it's pretty lenient about the ingame currency you can earn in a day.

That's also going to be my day after work.

You wouldn't happen to know where to watch Wrestle Kingdom?

I checked the local stores, but there's not much.

Not yet, it only happened a few hours ago, so I'm completely unsure as to where I'm gonna find it, but I'm sure I'll be able to Watch wrestling. Comprende Homes?

Oberon

Banned

RSA0IR3.gif

I played too and couldn't win a single game.
The only card video game that I enjoy are the yugioh ones on the psp. But that's just because they basically had S. links

Rizzi

RSA0IR3.gif

I played too and couldn't win a single game.
The only card video game that I enjoy are the yugioh ones on the psp. But that's just because they basically had S. links

It's not that I can't win, it's that you have to get super lucky to not get matched up against people that have literally just dumped their wallets in to the game. They just have better cards, and that is terrible.

Not yet, it only happened a few hours ago, so I'm completely unsure as to where I'm gonna find it, but I'm sure I'll be able to Watch wrestling. Comprende Homes?

Gracias hermano.

I checked there a little while ago, but there wasn't much. Still, since it's NJPW, there will be a Dailmotion link before the day's out.

It's not that I can't win, it's that you have to get super lucky to not get matched up against people that have literally just dumped their wallets in to the game. They just have better cards, and that is terrible.

Oh yeah, that's an inherent problem with online cardgames. In real life you can have the same issue against experts, but most people play casually. My fun with hearthstone was mostly from playing locally with friends on tablets.

Fun screenshot:

In a way, since you can get the same cards with dedication by completing quests though, I don't find any of the pay stuff offensive. If anything it makes Hearthstone more fair than other cardgames IRL where you do have to buy cards/packs.

Gracias hermano.

I checked there a little while ago, but there wasn't much. Still, since it's NJPW, there will be a Dailmotion link before the day's out.

I still can't decide if I want to watch with English Commentary or Japanese. On one hand I know what's happening love the screaming commentary and don't like Matt Striker, but I'm watching with people and they might not understand a thing that's happening without it.

I'll just have to play it by ear.

I still can't decide if I want to watch with English Commentary or Japanese. On one hand I know what's happening love the screaming commentary and don't like Matt Striker, but I'm watching with people and they might not understand a thing that's happening without it.

I'll just have to play it by ear.

I've heard that JR completely made the main event. He had some trouble calling the scrambles, but he did a good job.

I really like the Japanese commentary for the screaming, but if you're watching it with others go for the English version. It'll be the easiest for everyone.

You also get to hear Jim Ross scream "RAIIIINMAAAKKERR"

EDIT: Obligatory Rrrrraaaiiinnnmaaakkkkuuuu

tumblr_n25g7bRl091qhjbxeo1_400.gif

You're probably right, but I find any Pay-to-win set-up offensive. How offensive I find it depends on how bad it is. Heartstone being not nearly as bad as others in this regard doesn't suddenly justify it entirely.

Sure, and I find it worse in some games than others to be sure, and it's more of a dealbreaker for some people than others. Hearthstone has a setup where you can buy the same things you buy with money with ingame currency for completing certain daily goals. So you have an option of Pay2Advantage or Play2Advantage. I find both disheartening, but it's there.

Cardgames have always been based around the idea of paying for cards, so I find it acceptable personally especially since playing often gets you the same shot at a pack that $2 does or whatever. Even if you also wanted to spend money on packs, you'd still want to go for free ones.

There's an argument to be made over if the balance of Hearthstone vs other card games skews more in favor of people who have amazing cards from playing often or paying, but that's one I'm not qualified to defend the game over. I just found it extremely similar, if not the same or better than other games, just that since you're playing hard-core randoms, you see better decks than you see IRL if you play a card game with local nerds.

TL;DR It's less pay2win than any other card game probably. That doesn't make it OK, but that's how card games are set up.

Edit: Also I'm definitely not saying you guys should go play Hearthstone, just that the complaint applies to every card game.

I'd like to play Hearthstone, but the art is so fucking ugly to me that I couldn't bare it. It's the same issue I have with Magic, great game, but goddamn is that art not for me.

I'd like to play Hearthstone, but the art is so fucking ugly to me that I couldn't bare it. It's the same issue I have with Magic, great game, but goddamn is that art not for me.
Magic art is really inconsistent. Anyway yeah, Hearthstone is really well animated so it looks good in motion and with the UI, but the card art is pretty shit. Not to mention every card has a soundbyte when summoned, and some get on your nerves like nothing else.

Rizzi

By the same token it's also a blizzard game, so you can pretty much count on shit to be super unbalanced every two months.

By the same token it's also a blizzard game, so you can pretty much count on shit to be super unbalanced every two months.
For as much as I coming off as defending it, the actual game is just ok. Patches are indeed weird. I also haven't played since Naxximus or whatever months ago.
Yeah, I know. I'm glad Heartstone managed to create a more proper balance between paying and playing users and I know the genre itself often revolves around buying cards and improving your deck. I'm just less forgiving of it than most are, I suppose.
Sure. It's an inherent thing to card games, and I get why that frustrates people. The few singleplayer video game card games are awesome since you get the full array of cards you could ever get from just playing.

Fremium stuff stuff in skill based genres bug me way more. I won't even say it's not bad, just that it's always been that way.

Rizzi

Naxxramas is a giant money/time gate too. $25 for the whole thing, or it's like, 700 gold per wing.
Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this thread in to a giant salty hearthstone bitch session. :<

Naxxramas is a giant money/time gate too. $25 for the whole thing, or it's like, 700 gold per wing.
Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this thread in to a giant salty hearthstone bitch session. :<
Nah I'm sorry I felt super compelled to defend the pay model for some reason. Also I hadn't even looked at Nax. That sounds dumb.

Rizzi

Here are all the Naxxramas cards.
A whole bunch of those are really important.

Now to change the subject, I feel like I should mod the shit out of Skyrim now I have a gtx 970.

While I do agree that Naxxramas is a huge money gate, I think its a lot of single player content as well. I know most players aren't going to do them, but the extra challenges feel satisfying from what I've played. It just depends on what your getting out of it imo.
Here are all the Naxxramas cards.
A whole bunch of those are really important.

Now to change the subject, I feel like I should mod the shit out of Skyrim now I have a gtx 970.
Wolf those cards are way too good...

Go for it

You know, for an anime that contains video games, creepily close siblings, and l thigh socks, I don't find it that intersting. I think I don't even want to watch the second episode to be honest.
It''s the Marie from P4G effect. It's just too much pandering.
I was more so just making an easy joke because the little sister (not even a spoiler just tagging because I don't know)
actively strives to get her brother's dick.
there is a twist that is supposed to make this better but it is a lazy cop out and does not. Yeah the show is not great but when I saw the Chie best girl reference and the wrryyyy I thought I would give it more of a chance than it deserves. I still only made it through 5 episodes

Oberon

Banned
Morning.

Thanks! I really wondered why there was no Mega Milk art of her when the design just screams it.

Mhmm, I want to buy her jacket now

I was more so just making an easy joke because the little sister (not even a spoiler just tagging because I don't know)
there is a twist that is supposed to make this better but it is a lazy cop out and does not. Yeah the show is not great but when I saw the Chie best girl reference and the wrryyyy I thought I would give it more of a chance than it deserves. I still only made it through 5 episodes

mhmmmm, maybe I should give it another chance

What kind of show is it? If the premise interesting enough, I can give it a swing.

Oberon

Banned
There I just saved you a couple hours. He is listing the best girls from those cleverly hidden games. The wrryyy is not good either. You can just look it up on YouTube. Even if you were joking (which you most likely were) those are probably the best jokes anyway

DzjMZYV.png

What kind of show is it? If the premise interesting enough, I can give it a swing.
Its a show that supposed to be about games and how to win them, but
most of the ways they play are bullshit.
They go on a magical fantasy land that resolve conflicts by playing games. Its poorly written also with a bad color palette.

Two expert gamers are sucked into the database (wow wow) because they are good at games, it tries to go for a Death Note/Code Geass thing of a genius playing against the system but no where near as good. There is a huge amount of fanservice in it with almost a borderline ecchi feel to it with, from what I have seen of it, is strongly focused on an 11 year old girl. The games that I had seen were not very compelling and for the most part were bullshit. I just found the show boring and I stopped watching it.

Two expert gamers are sucked into the database (wow wow) because they are good at games, it tries to go for a Death Note/Code Geass thing of a genius playing against the system but no where near as good. There is a huge amount of fanservice in it with almost a borderline ecchi feel to it with, from what I have seen of it, is strongly focused on an 11 year old girl. The games that I had seen were not very compelling and for the most part were bullshit. I just found the show boring and I stopped watching it.
I share every complaint, but I found it moderately enjoyable. If you wanna watch lame Code Geass/Death Note, that still has some cool plans, it's worth it. There's a game where anything they say becomes reality, which is actually pretty cool.

Well, maybe if I want to watch something just for the fanservice, maybe I...
Its a show that supposed to be about games and how to win them, but
most of the ways they play are bullshit.
They go on a magical fantasy land that resolve conflicts by playing games. Its poorly written also with a bad color palette.
Lol dropped.

I share every complaint, but I found it moderately enjoyable. If you wanna watch lame Code Geass/Death Note, that still has some cool plans, it's worth it. There's a game where anything they say becomes reality, which is actually pretty cool.
I get where you are coming from and I can see where it can be entertaining but if I get into a negative mood on something it will take a huge effort on my target's part to change my opinion on it. I know I'm not being fair and have only seen a handful of episodes but there wasn't anything there for me. Did they end up turning it into a
harem thing?
it seemed to be going that route where I left off

JoJo94

Eeneenee Meeneenee Mine Mineneenee Mo.

Yeah, I'm not digging it either. I hope their new LP starts soon.

Yeah this is one were I am watching for the commentary/RAGE lore instead of the game. It's entertaining at first but the game is repetitive to watch. But we do get some good moments out of it.

Top Bottom