• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Came back from watching Big Hero 6 (yay early showings IN THE UK, boo I'm too months late because I'm IN THE UK). I loved it despite it obviously feeling like a kids film at times. Nothing else to do today, plus it looks like Silent Hill outside and AGDQ starts today so my day is sorted.

croten

Frienders...make me laugh I may need a bit of cheering up this morning...

HK8Mc.gif

Two expert gamers are sucked into the database (wow wow) because they are good at games, it tries to go for a Death Note/Code Geass thing of a genius playing against the system but no where near as good. There is a huge amount of fanservice in it with almost a borderline ecchi feel to it with, from what I have seen of it, is strongly focused on an 11 year old girl. The games that I had seen were not very compelling and for the most part were bullshit. I just found the show boring and I stopped watching it.

I found it to be somewhat enjoyable, I won't say it's anything great or a must watch. I knew from the start it wasn't anything serious and set my expectations low

I get where you are coming from and I can see where it can be entertaining but if I get into a negative mood on something it will take a huge effort on my target's part to change my opinion on it. I know I'm not being fair and have only seen a handful of episodes but there wasn't anything there for me. Did they end up turning it into a
harem thing?
it seemed to be going that route where I left off
Oh yeah. It's got nothing that will really flip your opinion, but
actually they push red hair girl as the canon romance, and the sister is just a supporting character.
Okay, what is this thing?!?
NSodE.gif

croten

Oh yeah. It's got nothing that will really flip your opinion, but
actually they push red hair girl as the canon romance, and the sister is just a supporting character.

NSodE.gif

Wasn't NGNL the one that the author made a doujin about him and his sister fucking and called it cannon?

Wasn't NGNL the one that the author made a doujin about him and his sister fucking and called it cannon?
I dunno about canon, but I heard about that vaguely. It makes no sense in the show.
Really it's used more like a recurring joke that the brother is avoiding it, but it toes the line I guess.

Maybe the source novels are creepier. I dunno.

Why do I keep defending things I barely like today?

croten

I dunno about canon, but I heard about that vaguely. It makes no sense in the show.
Really it's used more like a recurring joke that the brother is avoiding it, but it toes the line I guess.

Maybe the source novels are creepier. I dunno.

Why do I keep defending things I barely like today?

I have a tendency to do that too
I also have a tendency to hate on things that I barely dislike

I have a tendency to do that too
I also have a tendency to hate on things that I barely dislike
I guess feeling conflicted makes people feel more passionate about defending the good parts, same as wanting to like something makes you more upset about the flaws versus something that's just terrible.

Sup Nerds. What you all been up to?

I most definitely haven't been banging my head against a wall trying to beat the Four Kings. No sir.

JoJo94

Damnit I missed the Hearthstone chat. Guess that's what I get for sleeping.

It's a monster.

A m-m-m-m-monster!!!

Will the watermark on artwork get me in trouble?

I most definitely haven't been banging my head against a wall trying to beat the Four Kings. No sir.

Might as well tell you too. Told the one girl I kind of like her last night...she has a girlfriend...Frienders are cheering me up now.

Killing them fast enough to kill each one before the next is important. I recommend two handing. Or: Throw on heavy armor like Havel's and a solid shield.
Good luck on doing it legit. I cheated and used the
iron flesh pyromancy
Unless it's New Game + they're not bad. New Game + you get fucked.

croten

They are a Git Gud kinda boss like O&S, although I think I beat them on my first try it was really close and I've always had trouble with them in other playthroughs

If you aren't doing enough damage, start changing up your strategies. The Four Kings aren't too difficult.

They don't like fire either.

If you aren't doing enough damage, start changing up your strategies. The Four Kings aren't too difficult.

They don't like fire either.

I have enchantments I can abuse!

It's more of the dark abyss messing with my tracking and how it's attacks blow through my shield and stamina.

Since I can't keep Havels ring on during the fight, I roll like a fat guy.

croten

It's more of the dark abyss messing with my tracking and how it's attacks blow through my shield and stamina.

You might want to take off some armour then, mobility is always more important than defense

Xiraiya

What kind of character are you playing as again?

Blocking them is useless, because every one of their attacks does magic damage. Just either strip, and git gud at rolling or stack up on poise.

Also, I saw your post in the DS OT. The Chaos Blade is the best, because of it's absurd crit stat, and the boost it gets from humanity outpowers anything that the Uchi can give you.
DEX based. +14 Uchi and shadow gear.
Okay, how are you fat rolling?

Update on my Dark Souls 2 Journey: Salty Johns 2.0 is here!

I used a soul vessel and went combat oriented. Beated the Lost Sinner and Skeleton Lords. I'm going with my Halberd Class like in Demon Souls. Is there any good Halberd-Like Weapons in DS2? Also that jump and Kill with the Halberd... HNNNG

Update on my Dark Souls 2 Journey: Salty Johns 2.0 is here!

I used a soul vessel and went combat oriented. Beated the Lost Sinner and Skeleton Lords. I'm going with my Halberd Class like in Demon Souls. Is there any good Halberd-Like Weapons in DS2? Also that jump and Kill with the Halberd... HNNNG

Mastodon Halberd is OP. Have fun.

Don't worry all you have to do is
keep trying

I started watching Space Dandy. I'm enjoying it so far. That OP is really good. Right now I'm watching AGDQ.

So I saw some people were having trouble with the
Four Kings
in Dark Souls. If you haven't already beaten
Moonlight Butteryfly
, go do that and call in the summon near the stairs, it's in some tall grass at the bottom, and make sure she survives which isn't hard. If you've already beaten it without a summon, get good.

Waaaay more. I'm still sad that I'm not pushing myself to play as well as I possibly can anymore, but my newer focus on experimentation is quite fun as well. I do get hit quite more often right now as I'm trying to find out what unite form counters what enemy move, but it's still going well.

Wait I thought you dropped W101

Squishy3

Wait I thought you dropped W101
Steam chat saved him.

Warning, if you're playing the PC version, be careful as this amazing weapon seems to lose durability at a faster rate than other weapons within the same category.
This is because of the bug with the mechanics behind durability being tied to FPS. For halberds, every loss of durability is normal at 60 FPS except for when hitting an enemy that fades away when it dies. Example.

Stone Soldier on fading animation:
@60fps: 61.03996277 /70 (-8.9600323 Dur/Hit)
@30fps: 66.15997315 /70 (-3.84002685 Dur/Hit)

Top Bottom