• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Xiraiya

They said that Frieza trained for the first time in his life to get that strong...I have no idea what kind of training he went though or why he would even be interested in training. Even dumber is someone probably wished him back with the Dragon Balls.

Though I guess I should probably shut off my mind and just enjoy the action when the movie finally comes out.

The training concept isn't that outrageous, it was more or less explained his race was just that strong by default, they knew what they knew and had the powers they had and that was that, their only known method of powering up was through their various forms.
The final one being something Frieza missed out on achieving.

Frieza has such trauma and anger from his encounter with Goku that it very well could have dawned on him that Saiyans training the way they do is part of why they become so frighteningly strong.

DBZ may be a series that shouldn't be taken seriously, but it's not entirely just blatant ass pulls, there is some semblance of thought put into it sometimes.
Most other things a lot of us are into have had some real questionable asspulls that are overlooked because of favorable view of the material.

How do do you feel about The Ascension? The Road Warriors wannabees?

They were fucking terrible on NXT and they're still terrible now, but I'm at least slightly more down for their dumb 80s shit than their deadly serious Thousand year old Highlander and Egyptian Vampire shit.

croten

Hey guys I just go-...

What the fuck did I just come back to?

YoF9kUb.png

360pages

The training concept isn't that outrageous, it was more or less explained his race was just that strong by default, they knew what they knew and had the powers they had and that was that, their only known method of powering up was through their various forms.
The final one being something Frieza missed out on achieving.

Frieza has such trauma and anger from his encounter with Goku that it very well could have dawned on him that Saiyans training the way they do is part of why they become so frighteningly strong.

DBZ may be a series that shouldn't be taken seriously, but it's not entirely just blatant ass pulls, there is some semblance of thought put into it sometimes.
Most other things a lot of us are into have had some real questionable asspulls that are overlooked because of favorable view of the material.

Well, one thing that DBZ is really good at is foreshadowing power-ups. Something even GL doesn't really do (Though that might be the point). Even SS3 was foreshadowed and stated to be a form someone can only reach after they die.

DBZ has some really brilliant moments though, and despite being one of the first it still manages to avoid some trapping a lot of Shonen fall into.

croten

Well, one thing that DBZ is really good at is foreshadowing power-ups. Something even GL doesn't really do (Though that might be the point). Even SS3 was foreshadowed and stated to be a form someone can only reach after they die.

DBZ has some really brilliant moments though, and despite being one of the first it still manages to avoid some trapping a lot of Shonen fall into.

TTGL doesn't do it because they get more powerful relative to their sheer will to win, it's kinda hard to do a training montage for that.

Shackzam

I watched Perfect Blue and holy shit this movie kept me wondering what the hell was going on. It kept me thinking that this was just some linear story with some adult imagery thrown in there, but man it is more then that. It actually felt like a mystery of
what was real or an illusion in this world that this ex-idol was slowly going mad in. The movie makes you believe in something or some idea that makes sense and then will immediately throw it away just so you wouldn't suspect what was really going on.

Overall Perfect Blue is a pretty fantastic movie and would recommend it to anyone of you to watch it.

Squishy3

I watched Perfect Blue and holy shit this movie kept me wondering what the hell was going on. It kept me thinking that this was just some linear story with some adult imagery thrown in there, but man it is more then that. It actually felt like a mystery of
what was real or an illusion in this world that this ex-idol was slowly going mad in. The movie makes you believe in something or some idea that makes sense and then will immediately throw it away just so you wouldn't suspect what was really going on.

Overall Perfect Blue is a pretty fantastic movie and would recommend it to anyone of you to watch it.
Now watch all the other Satoshi Kon movies, in particular Millennium Actress and Tokyo Godfathers. They're all amazing.

I'm going to push this video essay on his editing style too: http://vimeo.com/101675469

DUDE WAS A FUCKING ARTISTE RIP

Alright, guys I have the first couple eps of Tiger and Bunny, Gatchaman Crowds, and HxH in front of me now.

I started with Tiger and Bunny, and I have to say Sanji from One Piece voicing the main character is doing it for me a little bit.
Now, on to Crowds.

They're making a third Taken...why?

Also, I might actually get around to finish the final Extra world in Rayman Legends

I thought non stop was the third Taken.

Top Bottom