• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

mike0dude

what was that ps1 or ps2 rpg where you had like a small coffin like bracelet that had a sword coming out from it and you did like imput combos in a turnbase RPG thing.

I don't like Driving games but I'm enjoying Driveclub. I'm enjoying listening to the podcast while cruising.
I put a weirdly huge amount of hours into driving games when I pick them up. I'm waiting on the PS Plus version to try out Driveclub. Pretty excited though.

sjay1994

I need something hype to play.

I have DA:I, and honestly its pretty eh. I am not a fan of the combat, I do not give a fuck about most of these characters (the dwarf is pretty cool though). Its really eh.

It doesn't help that the day I unwrapped it, I see the topic "Bioware is the fucking worst" on vanilla GAF.

Sigh.... I need more Revengeance and blood dragons.

Xiraiya

I see. Maybe I'll look into them once I get through my main list of shows I've set up for myself (including Bebop, Gintama, Ippo, Monster and I've heard good things about Psycho Pass S1), but I'm not giving it high priority. I'm sick of P4 content for now.

Thanks for the summary though. It does sound like a decent way to waste some time when there's nothing else to watch.

Psycho Pass Season 1 and 2 are both really good, they're pretty different from eachother but their quality is fantastically consistent, I definitely recommend it.

I need something hype to play.

I have DA:I, and honestly its pretty eh. I am not a fan of the combat, I do not give a fuck about most of these characters (the dwarf is pretty cool though). Its really eh.

It doesn't help that the day I unwrapped it, I see the topic "Bioware is the fucking worst" on vanilla GAF.

Sigh.... I need more Revengeance and blood dragons.
You could import the Ippo fighting game... If you haven't already.

Fuck it.... I'll buy P2 on the vita soon.

You all convinced me to.
YEAH YEAH YEAH
I am back from Kendo, now my hands and feet hurt.
Let's talk about kiyoshi
HOLY SHIT KIYOSHI IS DUMB.
Like holy shit why did he go along with them? Why didn't they wear masks? Why didn't he just leave the phone and think of a dumb excuse later? Why didn't he just cover his face and run out before he undressed? WHY DIDN'T HE JUST APOLOGIZE oh man that whole her wanting to see him pee thing. This is the dumbest thing fucking Andrei's face, I love this.

ultimax

P4 being my first SMT, I thought it was trying to go for that actually. Whether it's to it's benefit or detriment. The goofy parts play out like a slice of life anime.
I just don't like how they get along as if they were friends their whole lives and they all accept each other so easily. I didn't really feel a proper build up for their relationship.

Also I hate how there's some sort of over dramatic celebration everytime someone is saved

Same here. We should make a friender club.

Let it consume you.
Definitely. Also it is, someone hellllpppppp
If it doesn't have the P1 and P2 songs It can burn in hell.
UT pls, you at least need to admit the music is good.
I just don't like how they get along as if they were friends their whole lives and they all accept each other so easily. I didn't really feel a proper build up for their relationship.

Also I hate how there's some sort of over dramatic celebration everytime someone is saved
Yeup, and the game doesn't really seem concerned with building up their relationships that way.

sjay1994

Psycho Pass Season 1 and 2 are both really good, they're pretty different from eachother but their quality is fantastically consistent, I definitely recommend it.

Psycho Pass is pretty good, I am enjoying 2 more. But I guess thats because 1 had a pretty slow start. I dont feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel as much in 2, but the pacing is better in it.

You could import the Ippo fighting game... If you haven't already.

I have never imported a video game, since I want to understand what I am doing.

Also... my cronic meh/depression towards video games now is mostly due to AC: Unity. That game fucking ruined me, and actually me enter a cycle of self loathing for a while.

Fuck that game, it actually killed my liking for something I genuinely used to enjoy.

Honestly the games look great on a component cable for ps2. (well except Xenosaga 1, but that's just because the artstyle of that game is fucking weird).

I'm surprised Namco hasn't even thought about a ps2 port to the PSN store, but then again it is Namco.

Xenosaga 3 is expensive and my PS2 is broken. Xenosaga 1 is one of my favorite games. I love sci fi RPGs.

sjay1994

I can't even touch Persona Q right now. P4G really soured me on Persona content.

Yeah, I've heard both you and other frienders speak highly of it. The recommendations in this thread haven't disappointed me yet, so I try to keep an eye out for newly mentioned shows.
That being said, I mostly come across strong hate for its second season. Some going as far as to call it atrocious or vile.

Really? I kinda like S2 a bit more than S1 of Psycho Pass. I think the pacing is better in S2. It takes S1 a while to get going. You know S1 gets good when you feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

In an attempt to learn more about which characters in the game do interest you and why? It's less an attempt to change your opinion on anything and more to find out where we differ on character tastes, once again excluding waifu shit (and mainly another chance to shit talk P4 a bit more. P4G has soured me on the game and its cast). I do agree that Naoto's shadow side is woefully underutilized however.

Alright. I'm going to ignore golden and all the sequels because they ruin the characters (I'll still talk about Marie). I like Rise because she has an energetic and bubbly personality. She seems like she would be fun person to be around. Same thing goes for Chie. Yukiko is boring. She really doesn't have much going for her besides her hyena laugh. As for Marie, I wouldn't have minded her as much if she was originally in P4 vanilla. That said, her poetry, the wayshetalkslikethis, and her tsundere-ness, all of that I find annoying. A lot of people probably think it's endearing, but I don't. These are my feelings regarding the P4 girls.

That series is just so brutal. Have you met the merchant in that game? He is one serious dude and one of my fav game merchants. RE4 merchant is still the best though.

No not yet. I'm currently in the Maribel Base.

YEAH YEAH YEAH

Like holy shit why did he go along with them? Why didn't they wear masks? Why didn't he just leave the phone and think of a dumb excuse later? Why didn't he just cover his face and run out before he undressed? WHY DIDN'T HE JUST APOLOGIZE oh man that whole her wanting to see him pee thing. This is the dumbest thing fucking Andrei's face, I love this.

JooseBawcks, what are you doing. I didn't say any of that.

sjay1994

It's just been something I've been picking up from time to time. Hell, even recently we had this thread filled with hate. I haven't clicked on the spoilers, but I was once again surprised by how much certain people hate it.

Reading through that thread, at least they agree the pacing is better in S2. I think I can deal with dumb shit in anime if the pacing is at least good. If it takes to long I am out.

How about some Prison school discussion?

I did tho.....oh what the fuck how did I quote PG in that?
JooseBawcks, what are you doing. I didn't say any of that.
I DON'T KNOW. Oh man I fucking lost it when I saw what happened

Numb

The only good thing that came out of marie is her ultimate persona Kaguya.
It is my second favourite persona next to Thanatos. Its bunny ears i like alot.

Maybe listening to this normal boss theme for Xenosaga 3 will help change your priorities.

I can't believe this is just the normal E.S boss theme. Its so fucking good. It sounds like a final boss theme!

That song is in Cross boring I think. It is great.

I thought Xenosaga 1 was garbage. If you think 1 is amazing, wait till you get to 3.

Oh I agree that it isn't great. I still love it though. It annoyed me that gears were garbage in it.

Xiraiya

That being said, I mostly come across strong hate for its second season. Some going as far as to call it atrocious or vile. Now I'm a bit curious as to why there's such a divide.

I could see why some people like it less because it's focus is a little different compared to Season 1, but nothing that justifies "outrage".

Emouse

It is good I must admit, but I'm really frustrated that they never put up the P1 and P2 music for Ultimax esp the P2 battle theme. The remixes to the P1 OST that was in FES isn't as good as the originals.

It'd be nice to get some tracks from the other games, in Catherine there was P3/4 tracks avaliable if I remember correctly

How about some Prison school discussion?

I was going to fix that but it's already something only an Oberon would say

I agree .
She should at least stop writing music for Sword Art by now.

It also helps that the music in Xenosaga has much better direction (in 2 and more so 3) than something like Sword Art. Sword Art's music is ok, but its arguably Kajura's worst work, but I blame the direction more than anything. That's why Xenosaga 1's music is so mediocre even though Mitsuda is a great and proven composer.

That song is in Cross boring I think. It is great.

Oh I agree that it isn't great. I still love it though. It annoyed me that gears were garbage in it.

The mech designs in 2 and especially 3 have taken a significant step up. They look a lot more quality like the ones from Xenogears and the battles with them are much more fun. Even in Xenosaga 2.

I did tho.....oh what the fuck how did I quote PG in that?

I DON'T KNOW. Oh man I fucking lost it when I saw what happened

Can't get your mind off me? It's okay. I understand.

All the sequels, as in the fighting games (since
PQ is a semi-prequel
)? Arena's story certainly wasn't anywhere near good (though labrys' story was passable), but I can't remember them ruining the characters (that being said, I've only scanned through some of them). Does Ultimax ruin it even further?
All that's, that's understandable. All I wanted to know, thank you.

They flanderized the fuck out of most of the characters in Arena (Chie and steak, Akihiko and protein, Teddie and scoring, etc.) That all continues in Ultimax. I haven't played PQ, but apparently it has the same problem.

playing the sequel is mandatory since it feels like it was one game cut in half

Yeah, I've been told. I bought both of them off PSN.

They flanderized the fuck out of most of the characters in Arena (Chie and steak, Akihiko and protein, Teddie and scoring, etc.) That all continues in Ultimax. I haven't played PQ, but apparently it has the same problem.

I don't have a single problem with what Arena did to its characters. It gave a lot of them awesome redesigns and made them fall into fighting game character tropes that are charming in their own way. Akihiko's obsession with protein is one of the most enjoyable things about that story mode.

Top Bottom