• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

mike0dude

Do you guys toast your bread after you make the sandwich? or before you make it???

If I make a coldcuts sandwich I toast it before so the bread is warm and crunchy but the meat and salade stays cool.
when I make a leftover chicken sandwich I just put it in the toaster oven to crisp up and maybe melt some cheese in it too.

They flanderized the fuck out of most of the characters in Arena (Chie and steak, Akihiko and protein, Teddie and scoring, etc.) That all continues in Ultimax. I haven't played PQ, but apparently it has the same problem

PQ is fucking awful about Chie and Teddy. At least teddy always gets
shot down
in the best way. They took the steak thing too far with the meat jelly.

Numb

Both seasons of sword art i watched i stopped after the first arc ended.
the fairy elf stuff was impossible for me to handle.

Do you guys toast your bread after you make the sandwich? or before you make it???

If I make a coldcuts sandwich I toast it before so the bread is warm and crunchy but the meat and salade stays cool.
when I make a leftover chicken sandwich I just put it in the toaster oven to crisp up and maybe melt some cheese in it too.

Like you, it depends. Usually before though.

croten

At chapter XII of Bayonetta 1.

How much longer is this game? I kind of want to be done with it tbh.

It was probably a mistake to a) have Metal Gear Rising be my first Platinum game b) played the Bayonetta 2 demo.

Late but...
Bayonetta has 18 chapters and an epilogue and I don't think playing Rising first should change your opinion of it, it was the first platinum game I played as well.

Emouse

Both seasons of sword art i watched i stopped after the first arc ended.
the fairy elf stuff was impossible for me to handle.

You made it through two seasons? how are you still alive
I made it four episodes in before shouting loudly at my screen

Oh hey Gaf is back up.

What's goin on Frienders?

I just seen Scarlet Johansson is supposed to play Mokoto in the live action adaptation of Ghost in the Shell..

zoidberg-seppuku-o.gif

Oberon

Banned
YEAH YEAH YEAH

HOLY SHIT KIYOSHI IS DUMB.
Like holy shit why did he go along with them? Why didn't they wear masks? Why didn't he just leave the phone and think of a dumb excuse later? Why didn't he just cover his face and run out before he undressed? WHY DIDN'T HE JUST APOLOGIZE oh man that whole her wanting to see him pee thing. This is the dumbest thing fucking Andrei's face, I love this.

You love it tho
Aparently you really do, you think this is dumb?
You have no idea were the story is going. Hana-chan is the best! Shut Up!
Andre is great, and his character gets even better the more the story progresses.
Actually, every character gets better, and you haven't even seen the bottle yet

PQ is fucking awful about Chie and Teddy. At least teddy always gets
shot down
in the best way. They took the steak thing too far with the meat jelly.

Apparently Teddie reaches
sex offender levels with his constant flirting.

I only played the necessary ones to unlock Labrys' entire storyline and mostly just skipped the majority of dialog because they did indeed seem like poorly written, flanderized nonsense. It really seems like that's all they're capable of doing with the P4 story lately. Just let it die already. I hope this isn't a general decrease in writing quality and instead just more a case of them not knowing what to do with P4 anymore while milking it dry. If PQ is similar to this, I'll probably never play it. I can't stand it anymore.

It's mostly them pandering to fans since the majority seem to like it. Hopefully P5 won't be like this. As for PQ, from what I've been told it's actually a really good game. That is assuming you're okay with Etrian Odyssey's gameplay.

I see. It's just that Madoka's soundtrack is amazing and I was curious to hear what it's like in SAO.

Yeah if you go into SAO expecting Madoka or F/Z you're gonna be very disappointed. Every composer has their one "its alright" OST, even if Kajura is a goddess.

Late but...
Bayonetta has 18 chapters and an epilogue and I don't think playing Rising first should change your opinion of it, it was the first platinum game I played as well.

I think its because Bayo throws so much at you every chapter, so its a much harder game to keep going with than something like Revengeance since Bayo is 18 chapters and a 10 hour game, while Rising is only about 5-6 hours. Bayo is great for me in 3-4 chapter bursts every few days, but I could never marathon a Platinum game in general in one sitting.

croten

Yeah if you go into SAO expecting Madoka or F/Z you're gonna be very disappointed. Every composer has their one "its alright" OST, even if Kajura is a goddess.

I think its because Bayo throws so much at you every chapter, so its a much harder game to keep going with than something like Revengeance since Bayo is 18 chapters and a 10 hour game, while Rising is only about 5-6 hours. Bayo is great for me in 3-4 chapter bursts every few days, but I could never marathon a Platinum game in general in one sitting.

I beat bayo in one sitting, I do not regret a single moment.

You love it tho
Aparently you really do, you think this is dumb?
You have no idea were the story is going. Hana-chan is the best! Shut Up!
Andre is great, and his character gets even better the more the story progresses.
Actually, every character gets better, and you haven't even seen the bottle yet
No she's cool, she's self conscious kinda and it's cute. I was only reading it until my parents came home so I could play games, but then I realized I kept reading so now I'm just going to finish Vol.2

I think marathoning Bayo 1 in a day was kinda terrible since I was shit at it, but I beat Bayo 2 in like under a day and that was rad as shit. So I guess I just sucked and I'm not sure what I'm saying now.

Judith from Vesperia.

Good man.

I prefer Sheena from Symphonia.

I think she is a fun character who is strong in her own way. Also she has some serious life.

I liked Sheena when I played Symphonia ten years ago. That being said, I've only ever played five Tales games.

Only one answer. She also gets the best swimsuit out of all the Tales games.

Sheena_Fujibayashi_by_MeanLink.gif

I am so proud of friendGAF right now

Numb

Is it me or does the winter season of anime look weak in terms of new anime
that are not seasonal like kuroko, jojo and durararara. Nothing seems to be jumping at me
unlike last season they made nanatsu, garo and bahamut.

Squishy3

I think marathoning Bayo 1 in a day was kinda terrible since I was shit at it, but I beat Bayo 2 in like under a day and that was rad as shit. So I guess I just sucked and I'm not sure what I'm saying now.
The real answer is you sucked and Bayo 2 is easier than the first game even on hard.

In other words:
FylKxwC.gif

that are not seasonal like kuroko, jojo and durararara. Nothing seems to be jumping at me

I'm fine with occasionally having a weak season as long as the Seasonals are good.

Squishy3

New stuff I'm looking forward to: Death Parades, Rolling Girls, and Junketsu no Maria.

Remains to be seen if any of them will be good.

Obviously returning stuff I'm excited for: Durarara, Jojo's, Parasyte

The best Tales of games are Symphonia and Vesperia

The mid tier Tales of games are Abyss and Dawn of the New World.

I despise Graces F and the Xillia games.

I can only recommend Symphonia and Vesperia. The others have problems that I think non fans of the series will hate.

The real answer is you sucked and Bayo 2 is easier than the first game even on hard.
A lot of the downtime and minigames were a lot worse played back to back. The missile made me want to kill myself. That said, I probably was just shit. My second playthrough of Bayo 1 was a hell of a lot smoother and more enjoyable.

I fucking despise abyss. I simply could not finish it and was desparately hoping the antagonists would win.

The game is not stellar but the game's ending kind of made everything worth it.

I also liked that it tackled the theme of
the inevitability of death surprisingly well.

A lot of the characters really suck. Anise can fuck right off

I can't wholeheartedly recommend it.

I beat bayo in one sitting, I do not regret a single moment.

I guess that's just a me problem then. I have problems marathoning anything that just throws so much at you at once. That's why Gurren took me like two months to finish and why I still haven't finished Bayo 2 even though I'm probably really close.

Alfebit

Banned
The game is not stellar but the game's ending kind of made everything worth it.

I also liked that it tackled the theme of
the inevitability of death surprisingly well.

A lot of the characters really suck. Anise can fuck right off

I can't wholeheartedly recommend it.

Cue Aaron.

Jman014

Something you know you shouldn't enjoy but you do anyway. IE Pat and Liam's hatewatch of SAO2

Well I know I shouldn't enjoy Crusader Kings 2 because there's just so much stuff in it that I don't understand but I still enjoyed playing the Game of Thrones mod it has.

I don't enjoy grand strategies in general, but this is an exception.

A lot of the downtime and minigames were a lot worse played back to back. The missile made me want to kill myself. That said, I probably was just shit. My second playthrough of Bayo 1 was a hell of a lot smoother and more enjoyable.

That seems to be the case with about 80% of Platinum games. The only ones that seem easy to get into are Korra and Revengeance. Haven't played Bayo 2 yet so I don't know how quickly you can get into that

I guess that's just a me problem then. I have problems marathoning anything that just throws so much at you at once. That's why Gurren took me like two months to finish and why I still haven't finished Bayo 2 even though I'm probably really close.
I go fucking crazy over it, but I can see why it'd be the case for you. It's probably actually pretty nice, you get to really soak that stuff in.
That seems to be the case with about 80% of Platinum games. The only ones that seem easy to get into are Korra and Revengeance. Haven't played Bayo 2 yet so I don't know how quickly you can get into that
"First playthrough tutorials" are kinda shitty. It's not fun. Bayo 2 was pretty damn accessible, plus I had Bayo 1 experience.

Jman014

That's a guilty pleasure? Game looks awesome.

I can't even think of a gaming guilty pleasure except for the JonTron kind.

Well I think I mentioned it before but I can't get into classic point and click games. I tried Dreamfall Chapters but couldn't get into it. I'm too used to the way Telltale games play.

Squishy3

Well I think I mentioned it before but I can't get into classic point and click games. I tried Dreamfall Chapters but couldn't get into it. I'm too used to the way Telltale games play.
Which is funny because Dreamfall Chapters is basically a Telltale game but didn't remove the old item mechanics. It even has the "_____ will remember that" prompts!

If you aren't hyped for Death Parades go watch Death Billiards right now.

Top Bottom