• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Numb

For some reason i thought Yusuke would be the most hated persona 4 character not Yukiko. That guy really pisses the living shit out of me.

Xiraiya

For some reason i thought Yusuke would be the most hated persona 4 character not Yukiko. That guy really pisses the living shit out of me.
You would think so, I find myself disliking Yosuke more as time goes on, the dub version makes him more Pathetic, what a loser.

sjay1994

Please mark your spoilers

Also is it too early to do P5 waifu wars?

Claire is the best waifu

Have they shown anything about P5 besides the MC?

Relative to? Chie's generic, static personality and constant meat-based dialog? Rise's one-track mind and constant whining and sucking up to the MC and her generic school uniform? Marie and Yukiko being overall shit characters with the former being literally forced into the story?

None of the female characters in P4 are particularly interesting and that includes Naoto. The same for the S-Links as well, though yes, Naoto's is a bit worse than average due to the focus on riddles and detective work. I think Naoto's shadow issues are significantly more interesting and hold more weight to them than say, Yukiko, Chie or Rise, really.

I don't remember the meat stuff being so constant in P4. In the related P4 games, its really pushing it.

Also, yeah I guess Kanji is best girl.

Xenosaga 3 has been nothing short of incredible so far. Its presentation, gameplay, art, music, story, pacing etc. have all received significant face lifts and its paying off. Still waiting for the major character development of
Shion, Chaos and maybe Kos Mos to finally hit, but it looks like its building up for a pretty major event.

Oh we're talking about Persona. Adachi's pretty cool I guess.

ultimax

Oh, waifu wars. This truly is the BestGaf

On the topic of Adachi, I really think he's my favourite character in that game.
Not in the - geez, what a nice guy! - way, but he just makes perfect sense to me. Sociopath that's just really bored and wants more of life in his fucked way.Also his Instant Kill in Ultimax is awesome
he's way too good a villain for that cast.
Oh he's definitley the most hated for me. He's the only one I hate actually, the rest I either like or somewhat dislike

sjay1994

Well....

I have now had the sudden realization that the entire main cast of P4 (except Kanji) isn't that great.....

Damn.

Also guys. I need to ask a question. I hate Nanako.... does that make me a monster?

I didn't give an ounce of a fuck when
she 'dies'

Okingjrr

All caught up. Not that it was that much to read.
fresh meat here. hello frienders

Yay, another new guy here!

I've been lurking since the first thread though so I practically know everything. Everything
Welcome new frienders!
Poor Skrams.

Also, I beat Chapter
XIV
of Bayo 1 for the first time just now and
HOLY SHiT that shmup level! That Jeanne fight! SO MUCH HYPE!
Btw, don't drop hints as to what is coming after. Need to experience this shit fresh!

Yo man Tintin was my hero as a kid. My cousin got me the comics where they go to the moon and it was super wacky and awesome
I like Naoto just fine, I just have an impossible time looking at her in a romantic manner, it feels so forced seeing her like that.
I'm the same. The short hair just doesn't click with me
I'm a:

BwUoCsQIAAAfpY9.jpg

Not my pic. I don't have access to the screenshot.
I've played P4G 4 times and never got that trophy. Fairly convinced it's only granted to a chosen few
I like Yosuke more than Junpei.
Yosuke has one rage dick moment that lasts like 2 minutes and Junpei hates you for like a whole month.

Relative to? Chie's generic, static personality and constant meat-based dialog? Rise's one-track mind and constant whining and sucking up to the MC and her generic school uniform? Marie and Yukiko being overall shit characters with the former being literally forced into the story?

None of the female characters in P4 are particularly interesting and that includes Naoto. The same for the S-Links as well, though yes, Naoto's is a bit worse than average due to the focus on riddles and detective work. I think Naoto's shadow issues are significantly more interesting and hold more weight to them than say, Yukiko, Chie or Rise, really.

Relative to my tastes in characters. I never said anything about those characters so I don't know why you're bringing them up. Also, Naoto's shadow, although more interesting, is almost never brought up after she's rescued, so it does very little for me.

Xiraiya

Well....
I have now had the sudden realization that the entire main cast of P4 (except Kanji) isn't that great.....
Damn.

I liked Yu in the anime a whole lot, Chie is okay in the game but a little annoying (Better in the anime), Yukiko feels like she wouldn't even be part of the group if Chie wasn't.
Yosuke is just pathetic, Kanji is fantastic (I also really like his dub version too) and Naoto is decent but way too typical of an archtype I've seen before to really be a favorite for me.
Rise is fine, but I can understand why people might not like her, because she's a deceptively good character.

Numb

Hey now atleast this time i hope they wont region lock Persona 5
for EU like they did Arena. That was some bullshit right there.

Xenosaga 3 has been nothing short of incredible so far. Its presentation, gameplay, art, music, story, pacing etc. have all received significant face lifts and its paying off. Still waiting for the major character development of
Shion, Chaos and maybe Kos Mos to finally hit, but it looks like its building up for a pretty major event.

What chapter are you on?
You should at least see some of Shion's character develop slowly.
Yeah, its almost like when you think about it, Persona 4 actually isn't that good. Shocking right?
Now that I'm finishing up P2:IS. Its terrible in comparison. They could have done so much...

Emouse

Well....

Damn.

I kinda feel the same? as a group they're great but individually I don't enjoy them as much, but then again I like the P3 brats more becaure if was my first one
also P4 has no robits so

Hey now atleast this time i hope they wont region lock Persona 5
for EU like they did Arena. That was some bullshit right there.

Considering Ultimax wasn't region locked I'm assuming they won't, for the PS3 version anyway, let's just hope we get it in some kind of release window and not months later eh

Well....
Damn.
Also guys. I need to ask a question. I hate Nanako.... does that make me a monster?
I didn't give an ounce of a fuck when
she 'dies'

Persona in general doesn't have amazing characters. They're better compared to most other video games, but they are by no means fantastic.

sjay1994

I kinda feel the same? as a group they're great but individually I don't enjoy them as much, but then again I like the P3 brats more becaure if was my first one
also P4 has no robits so

Yeah.

When you think about them on an individual level, the P4 cast isn't great.

But there group dynamic is. I think thats probably why I really liked the characters in P4, because they all worked well together in a group.

ultimax

Honestly yeah they arent that great, once their dungeons are done their character arc is basically done.
And this is why P3 is infinitley better
Yeah.

When you think about them on an individual level, the P4 cast isn't great.

But there group dynamic is. I think thats probably why I really liked the characters in P4, because they all worked well together in a group.
I actually found their chemistry to be extremely unrealistic, therefore annoying the shit out of me

Xiraiya

I actually think so far in P3, I'm only nearly up to the first full moon, but I like pretty much everyone on the team so far and most S-link characters (Except Kenji)

I need a smack Junpei button because that guy so desperately wants to be the protagonist.

At chapter XII of Bayonetta 1.

How much longer is this game? I kind of want to be done with it tbh.

It was probably a mistake to a) have Metal Gear Rising be my first Platinum game b) played the Bayonetta 2 demo.

Man I would be down to talk about Xenosaga, except I'll never get to finish them since they wont release them on the Virtual console or HD version.
I'm super salty about that.

What chapter are you on?
You should at least see some of Shion's character develop slowly.

Now that I'm finishing up P2:IS. Its terrible in comparison. They could have done so much...

A lot more so than other games. What they've already done with her character so far is significantly more than interesting than what they've done with her in ep1 and ep2.

Also, that's what a lot of people said about P2/4 when they've finished it. Considering Persona 4 just rips off the character archetype of P2 with its shadows/facing yourself and just makes it infinitely worse. Its the definition of a bad sequel in every possible way and that's completely unforgivable imo.

sjay1994

At chapter XII of Bayonetta 1.

How much longer is this game? I kind of want to be done with it tbh.

It was probably a mistake to a) have Metal Gear Rising be my first Platinum game b) played the Bayonetta 2 demo.

4 more plus the epilogue.

Bayo is really meaty. In hindsight, I prefer the more basic approach of Rising opposed to it.

Compared to other VNs and RPGs they're pretty damn solid. (Plus as far as I am into P2 has me pretty enamored with those characters.)

That's why said "better than most other games." The Persona 2 cast is definitely the best of the bunch, though.

I actually found their chemistry to be extremely unrealistic, therefore annoying the shit out of me

Their chemistry might be a bit idealized, but I wouldn't say it's extremely unrealistic.

Also, that's what a lot of people said about P2/4 when they've finished it. Considering Persona 4 just rips off the character archetype of P2 with its shadows/facing yourself and just makes it infinitely worse. Its the definition of a bad sequel in every possible way and that's completely unforgivable imo.

Persona 1 did shadows first. Also, you can't really rip off your own series.

Man I would be down to talk about Xenosaga, except I'll never get to finish them since they wont release them on the Virtual console or HD version.
I'm super salty about that.

Honestly the games look great on a component cable for ps2. (well except Xenosaga 1, but that's just because the artstyle of that game is fucking weird).

I'm surprised Namco hasn't even thought about a ps2 port to the PSN store, but then again it is Namco.

Xiraiya

Regular or golden Animation? I was never interested enough to take up the anime of a game I've already played. I'm guessing they skip a massive amount of optional dialog and focus on main events, where he's generally less obnoxious. Really, now that I think about it, Kanji is probably the only character of the main cast that I genuinely like.

The first anime series is really solid and paces everything nicely into a proper anime format with proper exposition, so yes.

The Golden series is literally just the game in anime form done with the Newgame+ perspective, so they don't delve too deeply into each character as you're expected to know them.

C-Can we talk about Digital devil saga?
What I've played was FUCKING RAD. Too bad it's locked in my ded PS3. SMT games are so cool. Meguro music da bess.
P4 being my first SMT, I thought it was trying to go for that actually. Whether it's to it's benefit or detriment. The goofy parts play out like a slice of life anime.

Oberon

Banned
fresh meat here. hello frienders

elizabeth is the true best waifu

Welcome, don't believe the others lie. edit: neverminde, nobody told him yet
If you want a new avatars, I can help you.
Here's the your new Waifu BTW

Speaking of Oberon he's in class or something right? I need to talk to him about Kiyoshi's dumb ass

I am back from Kendo, now my hands and feet hurt.
Let's talk about kiyoshi

edit:
C-Can we talk about Digital devil saga?

EkB8SSt.png

Numb

I'm playing through that right now. It's pretty good. Atmas are cool as fuck.

You need to play Persona 1 first.

That series is just so brutal. Have you met the merchant in that game? He is one serious dude and one of my fav game merchants. RE4 merchant is still the best though.

sjay1994

I don't like Driving games but I'm enjoying Driveclub. I'm enjoying listening to the podcast while cruising.

I will agree with Pat. Since gran turismo.... I really stopped caring about racing games since now most of them seem more focused on a sim like nature.

Not my cup of tea. I prefer exaggerated stuff like F-Zero or Burnout.

Top Bottom