• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Oh, is this a common opinion? I don't mind her character (she's decent), I just don't like her as a person. That being said, I'm still at episode 7.
Nah its just my opinon. I'm not so sure I liked her as a character, but I certainly understand her.

Remember to watch the movie as the cherry on top in addendum to the series.

mrmyhthef

Chapter 3 of Xenosaga Ep. 3 done. Now some spoilers ahead

HOLY FUCK, T-ELOS BOSS FIGHT, WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT SO SOON. And they even used the super hype E.S boss theme. Seriously, what an amazing fight, and that cutscene with T-elos vs Kos Mos was fucking awesome. Already ranks up as my third favorite moment of the series so far.

God damn, I need a break from this game lol.

wRTlubO.gif

I think that boss theme you're talking about is the theme for story-important fights. There are generic boss themes for foot battles and ES battles but you barely hear them actually.

By the way, you like Gears right? There's a bonus boss in the game you might really appreciate.

EDIT: Yooo that's the second time today gaf went down right after I posted something. Thought I was cursed for a minute there.

Jman014

You gotta try harder than that. Talk about how you want to sniff Korra's armpits.
This is actually a thing people say.

That's terrible. That's like feet. And I'm sure Korra would hate that.

My brother bought Dragon Age Inquisition. How does the continuity of the dragon age series go? Does DS2 directly connect to origins?

Yes Origins and 2 have some connections, though you can change what happens to the world in Inqusition via Dragon Age Keep, otherwise you get a default world state. Even if you have a Dragon Age 1 and 2 save you NEED to use DA Keep if you want your choices to affect Inquisition.

That's terrible. That's like feet. And I'm sure Korra would hate that.

Yes Origins and 2 have some connections, though you can change what happens to the world in Inqusition via Dragon Age Keep, otherwise you get a default world state. Even if you have a Dragon Age 1 and 2 save you NEED to use DA Keep if you want your choices to affect Inquisition.
Hes never played a dragon age game, so theres he has no saves

I think that boss theme you're talking about is the theme for story-important fights. There are generic boss themes for foot battles and ES battles but you barely hear them actually.

By the way, you like Gears right? There's a bonus boss in the game you might really appreciate.
Oh Jeez I know which optional boss your talking about. He's super hype and was a pain to take down.

Wow Bebop is really good! I have to admit, it starts out slowly and it didn't really pull me in that much at first. But after the amazing "Ballad of the fallen angels" episodes, I'm really enjoying every single one of them now. The filler episodes, the plot episodes, they're all really good. The setting, the music, the characters. I love it.

That being said, I don't like
Valentine
at the moment.

Nobody likes Faye at first. But she tends to grow on you after awhile.
Really glad you finally got around to Bebop.

Is there a specific moment for when I should watch it? Or should I just watch it after I've finished the main show?

The movie has not plot relevence whatsoever, so you can watch it whenever.

Is there a specific moment for when I should watch it? Or should I just watch it after I've finished the main show?
Cronologically its somewhere very specific near the end of the show, but it fits perfectly thematically at the very end imo. Its also the best animated, so its truly the cherry on top.

So am I. I've enjoying it far more after episode 5, which has so far been the best episode. It has been a great show so far and I'm looking forward to watching the rest.
Thanks for the recommendation earlier.

Really? I understand, perhaps you had to become attached to the characters before you could really start to enjoy it... but I still think ep1 of Bebop is one of the best first eps of anything.
Keep those eyes open.
That last scene, where Spike and the girl exchange that look before you know what... god damn.
Then again, Bebop's my childhood so I'm completely gaga for it, don't mind me.

WHOA

Never seen people hate Def Jam before.

Don't mind him, he hates everything.

Yeah ok....episode 1 was pretty brilliant. Disregarding the first episode, episode 5 has been the best episode so far. The show had an amazing start, but the following episodes didn't live up to it until "Ballad of the Fallen Angels".

We can't have this conversation man, I'm way too much of a Bebop nerd, I have boatloads of nostalgic love for nearly every ep. I'm just glad you're liking it now.

Also, despite being such a huge nerd, I'm not actually sure what ep Ballad is, but I'm going to assume you're talking about the first ep
Vicious
shows up in, based on a hunch.

Yep, that's the one. How did you guess? Because of the title?

No, I was just thinking about what ep I remember that was especially awesome early on.
I thought Spike died the first time I saw it. That explosion and the tune that pours in, fuck.

On the flip, I'm watching HxH... and I like it a lot. It has yet to become epic, but I find the writing especialy solid, if nothing else. If I think too much about this being from the guy who made yuyuhakasho, I get a little disappointed... but other than that, there's not much to hate. Why Woolie no like so bad? I don't understand.
Leorio is my fave character so far.

Archgan

On the flip, I'm watching HxH... and I like it a lot. It has yet to become epic, but I find the writing especialy solid, if nothing else. If I think too much about this being from the guy who made yuyuhakasho, I get a little disappointed... but other than that, there's not much to hate. Why Woolie no like so bad? I don't understand.

He thinks the art style is too bland.

Numb

I hate how FEAR 3 was pushed as FA3R. It was also not as interesting as the first FEAR game.

Also no waifu wars.

The co-op of that game was fun. At the end whoever performed better gets to betray the other player if i remember correctly. My co-op friend was so pissed especially when i betrayed him in army of two and kicked his ass at the end of double dragon neon.
Are there any other co-op games where you are pited against one another at end or one friend is backstabbed? We played Dragons crown and pixel junk shooters but no betrayals to be had there.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
NCR's time in Persona 4 7/01

I was expecting to fight
Shadow Rise
, but got
Shadow teddie
instead.

45 minutes later I won.

Archgan

Also this.

The co-op of that game was fun. At the end whoever performed better gets to betray the other player if i remember correctly. My co-op friend was so pissed especially when i betrayed him in army of two and kicked his ass at the end of double dragon neon.
Are there any other co-op games where you are pited against one another at end or one friend is backstabbed? We played Dragons crown and pixel junk shooters but no betrayals to be had there.

The Splinter Cell before Blacklist has a co-op mode like that.
You 1v1 your partner in a cargo ship as the last mission

Jman014

The game ended way better if Point Man won instead of Paxton.

Divinity Original Sin has co op that
MIGHT have that at the end but I haven't beaten the game so I'm not sure.

He thinks the art style is too bland.

I'm just wondering what happened with the character designs really. Yuyuhakasho's are soooo much better, it's not even funny. They are from the same guy, right?

Sorry, the linked looked like it contained spoilers... and I am still watching it, you know? I feel you're taking my comments a little too hard, I'm just sharing my thoughts... I might be a tad more critical than most but I don't mean anything by it, as I said I am enjoying the show.

Heh. Right in the feels organ, huh?
I dunno, I'm dead inside, so while Nier could be quite emotional at times, its drama didn't always work on me all that well.

P-33 in most other situations would be a heartwarming little tale, but it's used in Nier to great effect in a very different way.

Numb

The game ended way better if Point Man won instead of Paxton.

Divinity Original Sin has co op that
MIGHT have that at the end but I haven't beaten the game so I'm not sure.

I was pointman i believe (the guy with the slo-mo power right? not the guy with the body snatching. and i shot him in the face

Top Bottom