• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Beloved

I just finished Transistor.

Troy-Community-Emotions.gif

Xiraiya

The music is really well done in Transistor, I played a good 20/30 minutes of it the other day, feels like an all round polished and good experience.

Archgan

I'm just wondering what happened with the character designs really. Yuyuhakasho's are soooo much better, it's not even funny. They are from the same guy, right?

Sorry, the linked looked like it contained spoilers... and I am still watching it, you know? I feel you're taking my comments a little too hard, I'm just sharing my thoughts... I might be a tad more critical than most but I don't mean anything by it, as I said I am enjoying the show.

The post was just Woolie speculating on what would happen based on the first 3 or 4 episodes. Also, I'm not really taking your comments in any way, I was just mentioning Woolie's reasons to keep us vaguely on-topic.

My problem with Nier's drama is, to put it simply, that it tries way, way, way too hard to tell an emotional tale. It does not need to, but its tryhard attitude resulted in the opposite reaction at certain times.

I've been replaying Drakengard 1 on the side for the last couple of months so I'm acclimated to Taro Yoko's writing style. I have a similar reaction to yours with Kamina from Gurren.

And this reminds me of the Community joke "There was a time and place for subtlety and that was before Scary Movie 2"

The post was just Woolie speculating on what would happen based on the first 3 or 4 episodes. Also, I'm not really taking your comments in any way, I was just mentioning Woolie's reasons to keep us vaguely on-topic.

Oh sorry... I thought you were getting really pissed at me there for a second. But I'm only on ep 7 or something and there talking about 12 so I had to back out of it.

God damn it. Someone play me in Xrd.

I will.... unless you still have that giant grappler phobia still? Room number please if not.

Shackzam

Me and RoyalDuke are in North America 2, district 8A, and lobby #03. If anyone wants to join in Guilty Gear. Also quote if you want the lobby password

Beloved

What about the gameplay?

I enjoyed it a lot personally, it's not really a new concept for turn based play but it does put a spin on it I've never seen before. I found myself really putting a lot of thought into the best combinations of functions to use, and how each one would serve me best against different enemies etc.

10/10 would
cry
again

Zenfalcia

It seems pretty cool once you figure out that you have to also move yourself around when everything has been paused, a lot function combinations sound really cool.

Yeah, it's a really cool function that makes it feel like an RPG when you stop time to plan out your moves and the various combinations are pretty amazing.
i also love abusing the dog teammate and buff him up like crazy.

I enjoyed it a lot personally, it's not really a new concept for turn based play but it does put a spin on it I've never seen before. I found myself really putting a lot of thought into the best combinations of functions to use, and how each one would serve me best against different enemies etc.

10/10 would
cry
again

That ending tho..
;_;

It seems pretty cool once you figure out that you have to also move yourself around when everything has been paused, a lot function combinations sound really cool.
It opens up way more the more you get. Be sure to try out a lot of stuff, and challenge rooms will teach you a lot about various function combos.
I just finished Transistor.
I was giving it out for a reason, game's fucking awesome.

I don't have grappler phobia. Just Kanji phobia. 2A #3

Nvm, I'm joining them.

I guess it's up to me to widen that into a Potemkin phobia as well.

Me and RoyalDuke are in North America 2, district 8A, and lobby #03. If anyone wants to join in Guilty Gear. Also quote if you want the lobby password

This is getting complicated. Let's see if I can even find the place.

Eidt: I can't even find where the damn room is. You sure you typed that out right Shack?
Edit2; nvm found it... my first time playing West Coast lobbies.... let's see how this goes.

I love Woolie, but that's an extremely ignorant comment. Its the least predictable long running shonen and where it ends up is worlds different than where it starts.

But we're all allowed to have our own opinions, even if they're complete ignorance. He's only hurting himself by unconditionally hating on a show he literally knows 0 about, especially when you could use those same comments to describe something like Ippo.

Zenfalcia

I know..
once I realized what she was doing, I just immediately started crying like a big babby.

Yes, yes it is.

It was unexpected.
i thought they would live happily ever after, but technically they did... In the transistor. ;_; it qas sad her boyfriend couldn't do anything to stop her...

Numb

I played on 3rd climax but it was new game + after someone already finished it on 3rd
so i had a bunch of weapons and a china dress. I prefer how she looked like previously than how she does now so i went directly to a new costume. Ill probably play on infinite much later and start fresh.

Top Bottom