• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Alfebit

Banned
Hey anyone with gimp knowledge know what I can do to get color on this avatar? For whatever reason I can only get blacks, whites, and grays no matter the color I pick.

Don't know, I never touched 2nd Climax. If you want to enjoy the game switch to third climax now. You do get another character to play as after you complete the game whose witch time only activates with the bats

Well that's good but I never found getting bats to be hard at all. Maybe I just have amazing reflexes and wasting them by not playing counter strike

no third climax just make enemies more aggressive and tougher.

cartoons-comics-food-cake-money-regular-show_200s.gif

My nephew just used the word "trolling" a while ago, goddamnit

I used that word today, guess I'm a bad person

BIG SPOILER
merging and becoming serph or wahteve at the end of the game was weird as hell. also that merchant is dedicated selling shit even after death
Honestly, given the tone and aesthetic of the entire series,
Seraph
doesn't really faze me. Everything from the concept of how the world operates is weird as hell and it's great.

And since you're so far the only other person here besides me who knows the plot of both games, isn't
Sheffield just the biggest douchebag ever? Such an evil asshole and he loves it.

croten

Well that's good but I never found getting bats to be hard at all. Maybe I just have amazing reflexes and wasting them by not playing counter strike

Well aside from removing it completely, which is what happens on Non stop infinity climax difficulty, you can't reduce the reaction time for Witch time any further

I really like the opening song and variations on said song. So yeah, this sounds pretty cool.

I can't even if I wanted to. Can't connect the PS2 to my monitor.

Spoilers for Tales of the Abyss

Luke and Asch die at the end. While the party is having vigil where the final battle had taken place, A figure approaches with long red hair. Its implied but not stated that Lorelai fused them together so they could both live. It was very well done and emotional

The game is like a 7/10

Chapter 3 of Xenosaga Ep. 3 done. Now some spoilers ahead

HOLY FUCK, T-ELOS BOSS FIGHT, WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT SO SOON. And they even used the super hype E.S boss theme. Seriously, what an amazing fight, and that cutscene with T-elos vs Kos Mos was fucking awesome. Already ranks up as my third favorite moment of the series so far.

God damn, I need a break from this game lol.

Should've started from 3rd climax. Its about the same difficulty as Bayo 1's normal mode.
It's still a bit below where normal difficulty was in Bayo 1, but given the better weapon variety and tighter combat, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Besides, play
Rosa
if you want enemies to be more of a threat. And have the best Umbran Climax ever.

Fuck, I should play Bayo 2 again. That could hold me over until Ghost Squad arrives later this week.

It's still a bit below where normal difficulty was in Bayo 1, but given the better weapon variety and tighter combat, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Besides, play
Rosa
if you want enemies to be more of a threat. And have the best Umbran Climax ever.

Fuck, I should play Bayo 2 again. That could hold me over until Ghost Squad arrives later this week.

Bayo 2 spoilers
I know you got as hype as I did when you first hopped into that mech in chapter XIV and found out you can buy an accesory to make it your new climax. I was saving up for the parry accessory, but fuck that. I NEED MY MECH.

I didn't think that normal would be too easy. I guess I'll go finish it now

I usually try to start from the highest difficulty I can when I start new character action games, especially a sequel where I already know the basic foundation of it, like Bayo.

Chapter 3 of Xenosaga Ep. 3 done. Now some spoilers ahead

HOLY FUCK, T-ELOS BOSS FIGHT, WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT SO SOON. And they even used the super hype E.S boss theme. Seriously, what an amazing fight, and that cutscene with T-elos vs Kos Mos was fucking awesome. Already ranks up as my third favorite moment of the series so far.

God damn, I need a break from this game lol.
T-ELOS is basically Vergil. Was it just cutscenes right? I can't remember what spot your on.

mrmyhthef

So gaf imploded earlier today I see. Pretty convenient timing if you ask me.

BIG SPOILER
merging and becoming serph or wahteve at the end of the game was weird as hell. also that merchant is dedicated selling shit even after death

I think that Ardha is supposed to be the combined form of Shiva and Parvati or something so it kinda makes sense when you think about it like that.

T-ELOS is basically Vergil. Was it just cutscenes right? I can't remember what spot your on.

Xenosaga 3 spoilers

Nope, it was an actual boss fight, and the most difficult one so far. Though the E.S fight with blue testament wasn't a slouch either.

AND SHE TOTALLY IS VERGIL, HOLY FUCK I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE IT. I NEED MY RIVAL FIGHTS.

Squishy3

Besides, play
Rosa

The thing I think Bayo 2 is missing is no enemies that really challenge your skills like they did in Bayo 1, until way late in the game (Sloth is fucking amazing, I just wish there were more like it) Nothing really like Grace and Glory or their later variant, or the dog enemies. Or Joys. It's probably the only legitimate complaint I can throw at the game. The fact you could activate witch time on every attack in the Lumen Sage fights also made them way too easy.

360pages

You know Sonic and the Secret rings and Sonic and the Black knights had some pretty cool ideas and moments. It's a shame that they are completely marred by gameplay problems to near unplayablity. Because the locations and area's they picked could have made for some interesting levels.

Sonic Rush Adventure took the tropical island tropes and used them well.

Numb

Honestly, given the tone and aesthetic of the entire series,
Seraph
doesn't really faze me. Everything from the concept of how the world operates is weird as hell and it's great.

And since you're so far the only other person here besides me who knows the plot of both games, isn't
Sheffield just the biggest douchebag ever? Such an evil asshole and he loves it.

A douchebag yes but i prefer that over a blank type with other SMT games. A real douchebag you can hate

Xenosaga 3 spoilers

Nope, it was an actual boss fight, and the most difficult one so far. Though the E.S fight with blue testament wasn't a slouch either.

AND SHE TOTALLY IS VERGIL, HOLY FUCK I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE IT. I NEED MY RIVAL FIGHTS.
Wow I really don't remember that so early. I wish they would release the HD collection so I won't have to fix my PS2. Just wait for more hype moments.

Wow I really don't remember that so early. I wish they would release the HD collection so I won't have to fix my PS2. Just wait for more hype moments.

Even if its just a port to the PS3's PSN store, it'd be better than nothing. It doesn't have to be an HD collection. You could release each game for 20 bucks on the PSN store and people would eat it up.

croten

Wow Bebop is really good! I have to admit, it starts out slowly and it didn't really pull me in that much at first. But after the amazing "Ballad of the fallen angels" episodes, I'm really enjoying every single one of them now. The filler episodes, the plot episodes, they're all really good. The setting, the music, the characters. I love it.

That being said, I don't like
Valentine
at the moment.

Faye is alright.

Wow Bebop is really good! I have to admit, it starts out slowly and it didn't really pull me in that much at first. But after the amazing "Ballad of the fallen angels" episodes, I'm really enjoying every single one of them now. The filler episodes, the plot episodes, they're all really good. The setting, the music, the characters. I love it.

Valentine
at the moment.
You probably won't like her until the near the very end of the series if at all.

Squishy3

Valentine
at the moment.
That's because Faye isn't the best Valentine, but you won't see the best Valentine for years, unfortunately.

Valentine
at the moment.

Even tho she's the worst Bebop, she's still a fine character.

Cowboy Bebop is so good.

Alfebit

Banned
Is it bad I sat here for about 5 minutes just staring at the avatar trying to figure out what it was before it dawned on me and I felt like a complete shitlord?

Yes. Korra is our goddess.

I'm trying really hard to sound like one of those Lightning nerds.

Patorra is still awesome. Wonder what game she's playing with that controller. Probably the Korra game.

Her expression says she deserves a bigger budget.

Edit: Wow GAF was exploding super hard there? Was DMC5 announced?

Jman014

Yes. Korra is our goddess.

I'm trying really hard to sound like one of those Lightning nerds.

Her expression says she deserves a bigger budget.

Edit: Wow GAF was exploding super hard there? Was DMC5 announced?

Korra saying Destiny is Destiny.

Her expression also saying make a separate game in the form of an rpg with CD Projekt RED at the helm.

Top Bottom