• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Zenfalcia

That was the original plan but it couldn't happen. Also I might take longer because I'm going slow, it's so fucking good Transistor Man has so much cool shit to say.

Yep.. very cool. Not quite bastion but still good.
I couldn't help myself and I just decided to throw as much shit on it as I could. Toss some more ideas at me. I'll see what I can do.

Put something on her chest, maybe even add some background stuff. A facial hair from something. Maybe a pin on her hat or chest? And a tat on her arm. Maybe a rage tattoo.

Playing my 2nd playthrough on Nier.
Knowing what shades actually are does change how I feel about killing them. Especially the small ones and collecting the old school book item.

I know Matt and Woolie weren't big on Sunset Overdrive, but as someone who rarely plays open world games outside of Asscreed, this game has been pretty solid. Traversing the world isn't completely flawless so far (although still very fluid), but from what I hear from Giant Bomb, as you get farther in the game you unlock traversal skills to make it even better and so far that's what its looking like with the super bounce.

(Nier 1st playthrough spoilers)
She never tells you, in fact there's a lot about Kaine that she doesn't tell you.

Yeah. From what I understand playthrough 1 is about Nier and playthrough 2 is more about Kaine. I've always heard that the 2nd ending is the real ending. Not much about the endings after that.

It's never explained per se, but the 2nd playthrough will have her occasional in-battle comments like "Shut up! Just die!" make more sense in context
It's because of
her being half possessed by Tyrann is why she understands what the shades are saying, and since you only start hearing him on the second playthrough, by extension that's when you first learn what they're saying.

NieR does some very clever reinforcing of narrative with gameplay.

Yeah. From what I understand playthrough 1 is about Nier and playthrough 2 is more about Kaine. I've always heard that the 2nd ending is the real ending. Not much about the endings after that.

I'm not spoiling anything when I say this, but in Drakengard/Nier, the last possible ending is always the canon ending.

technically, all endings are canon. Even Drakengard 2. But that's okay, because
D2's Ending C ends up fucking over the world big time once D1's Ending E rolls around.

Well technically the games run (Drakengard 3 spoilers)
on a multi branch universe. All endings exist in the universe, but the one's that don't lead to any results are immediately sealed off, as seen in Drakengard 3's endings A-C

She's got the darksign and the triforce now.

THE MEMES ALFEBIT!

9H3Yejq.gif

Aww yiss Monsoon is the best.

I always loved Mistrals design was original and kinda cool.

Plus dem moans tho

I'm not spoiling anything when I say this, but in Drakengard/Nier, the last possible ending is always the canon ending.

Ok I know in Drakengard 1 I got the final ending. Never played Drakengard 2 and only got the first in 3. Will work towards them. Yeah and Kaine
spoke with the shade
in the beginning of PT 2 but it never states what they are. I'm not salty or anything. Spoilers only really get me if they are major or game changing spoilers.

Ok I know in Drakengard 1 I got the final ending. Never played Drakengard 2 and only got the first in 3. Will work towards them. Yeah and Kaine
spoke with the shade
in the beginning of PT 2 but it never states what they are. I'm not salty or anything. Spoilers only really get me if they are major or game changing spoilers.

Oh man, I can't wait till you finish Nier and get back to Drakengard 3. Everything goes to some real shit after Ending A, but considering you finished Drakengard 1, you probably already know that.

Just a reminder. Once you've finished everything in NieR, make sure to read Grimoire NieR.

The amount of stuff not in the game present in that book is staggering, holy shit.

Holy shit this game is getting to me. Now I'm getting fucking stories for the bosses. I just entered the Junk Heap and
the little shade with the robot is a child thats mother just died. Fuuuuuuck.

Edit: I also forgot one of the brothers is Yosuke. Heh. That voice is forever Yosuke to me.

So do you have to do A and B to skip or just B?

Night
You go through the entire game for Ending A, then the game starts you back at the halfway point and sets you on the path for B. Every playthrough after each ending starts you at that point. You have to get the endings in order.

Well, technically not true. You can get either C or D on your third playthrough, but you wanna save D for the very end. Trust me.

You go through the entire game for Ending A, then the game starts you back at the halfway point and sets you on the path for B. Every playthrough after each ending starts you at that point. You have to get the endings in order.

Well, technically not true. You can get either C or D on your third playthrough, but you wanna save D for the very end. Trust me.
Ah alright, so they're automatic/the game tells you how?
The only roadblock after Ending B is needing to get all the weapons.
That sounds like a ton of fun.
This could or could not be true

Top Bottom