• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

People talking about Fate/Stay Night? Go play that shit right now. While the current anime is fantastic I think it's better to play the game first as the anime is based on the second route Unlimited Blade Works and there is stuff that is kinda important in the first route Fate.

I've started like a week ago.

I'm not feeling the art.

How long is the game roughly, cause I'm not really in the mood for a 90+ hour VN atm.

Oberon

Banned
I thought prison school couldn't top itself... But it proved me wrong.. i'm.. just speechless..

Boooo... Booo.. don't do that. Want spoilers? Nah... Just play shizune's route, you'll understand.

Exactly, which is why this is actually a pretty good VN.

Where are you right now?
Also Thanks Gamer y for the Avatar

mrmyhthef

There's forklift driving in Karate Master 2? I guess people really wanted Shenmue 3 :p
couldn't resist

People talking about Fate/Stay Night? Go play that shit right now. While the current anime is fantastic I think it's better to play the game first as the anime is based on the second route Unlimited Blade Works and there is stuff that is kinda important in the first route Fate.

Wasn't too hot on FSN myself. I mean it's fine and all but not for 70+ hours. I would've liked if they dialed the slice-of-life aspect back a little and spent less time trying to make me like characters I don't like (Ilya). The action scenes were cool though. My favourite was the one at the end of Heaven's Feel
even if all it was was Kotomine schooling Shirou before abruptly dying

Fair enough. Do you know if the PSP game that came out a little while ago is any good, or is it just a spin off?

Wasn't that a fighting game or something?

croten

There's forklift driving in Karate Master 2? I guess people really wanted Shenmue 3 :p

Wasn't too hot on FSN myself. I mean it's fine and all but not for 70+ hours. I would've liked if they dialed the slice-of-life aspect back a little and spent less time trying to make me like characters I don't like (Ilya). The action scenes were cool though. My favourite was the one at the end of Heaven's Feel

Wasn't that a fighting game or something?

I liked Ilya, actually the only thing that I liked about Heavens Feel was that I liked her in the end, it was Sakura that I couldn't give a shit about. My all time favorite action scene is the finale of UBW

demidar

The visual novel is 70+ hours long?!

I think F/extra was an rpg? And f/unlimited codes was the fightman, which I played some of, it wasn't bad from what I remember
Unlimited codes is real bad when compared to Melty Blood. They should have kept French Bread as a Codev.

edit: Now that I think about it the moves were cool, so its a pretty good for what it was.

demidar

There is voice acting too! In Japanese...

Sounds like it should be an audiobook on Audible.com.

But no, I'm not used to ultra long VNs, but that's one of my weaker-read genres. I should probably give Katawa Shoujo a shot some day as well.

The only VN I've played recently is Nekopara...

Can't wait for steins;gate on the Vita tho

I'm curious, how is NekoPara?

croten

Sounds like it should be an audiobook on Audible.com.

But no, I'm not used to ultra long VNs, but that's one of my weaker-read genres. I should probably give Katawa Shoujo a shot some day as well.

Just take it one route at a time. Each one is their own story after all.

Emouse

I'm curious, how is NekoPara?

It's cute but kinda predictable, and the girls are essentially humanised cats so it's a bit creepy/odd? visually though it looks great, the whole moving characters and changing expressions is way nicer than just still images

I'm not too far into it but so far had no option to make any choices, and the amount of girls there are makes that weird, seems really linear but then again it is labelled as 'vol 1' assuming there's going to be more of it

Also the steam version is all ages, and we don't want none of that round here

demidar

It's cute but kinda predictable, and the girls are essentially humanised cats so it's a bit creepy/odd? visually though it looks great, the whole moving characters and changing expressions is way nicer than just still images

I'm not too far into it but so far had no option to make any choices, and the amount of girls there are makes that weird, seems really linear but then again it is labelled as 'vol 1' assuming there's going to be more of it

Also the steam version is all ages, and we don't want none of that round here

Yeah, that's about what I could glean from videos.

There's probably an 18+ unofficial patch... >_>

Well I need a new CPU, my graphics card is the 760 so that should be fine.

I can't even run it on minimum specs. My computer is pretty weak now.

Top Bottom