• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

I don't like dealing with pirates.
I'm telling GuardianE you don't like him.
That's how a lot of battles play out in all honestly. A few bosses later in the game do get higher defense and/or less or no weaknesses and become more of a slugfest than a quick wrecked/be wrecked fight, which helped change the pace up from your typical three turn boss fight.
Press Turn is just pure fun.

Jman014

I'm thinking of buying a gaming PC, but all of them come with windows 8. Can windows 8 run games optimized for windows 7 and lower?

Yes but it would be better if you could put together your own PC vs buying a brand new gaming PC. Unless you break things when you get mad and are impatient like I am.

The problem with recruit system is mostly it become obsolete near the mid point of the game where fusion makes far stronger demons.

Also Magic demons can't be used at all against the DLC bosses on hard mode, they will be killed on the first turn.

Actually, the DLC bosses is where most of the problems with the battle system really start to show.

Yeah, except for the fact that if you don't keep recruiting, you'll run out of demons to fuse. Especially when some demons later in the game have level 3 "ma" spells as their initial skills when you recruit them, something you can't get if you just keep fusing new demons, unless the new demon happens to learn it.

And I haven't gotten to the DLC bosses, but it kind of makes sense that 95% of your strategy is thrown out the window against super tough super DLC bosses. That sounds like it'd be much more of a problem if it was the main game. If there's one thing though that's a miss in that situation for SMT4's combat, is that there's no break spells (or whatever they were called) where it would get rid of an enemies' immunity to a certain kind of spell for three turns, something that was in Persona and I believe DDS.

sjay1994

I think I got an aneurysm from that "ubisoft are dickheads for making animals aggresive thread"

I mean ubisoft are dickheads.... but fuck, that thread was dumb.

Hey Frienders, I'm making a lobby in GG Xrd if anyone wants to play a few matches with a fellow scrub.

Room's called "Friends," in Distric 1A #2.

Xiraiya

I'm thinking of buying a gaming PC, but all of them come with windows 8. Can windows 8 run games optimized for windows 7 and lower?

Windows 8 isn't some new alien hardware that is completely different from 7, the jump is tiny, 8's visual layout is the biggest (most annoying) difference.

I actually find Woolie's stance of companies not even letting him give them money making him go to ye olde anime store to be morally fine.

If we're choosing between Aniplex DVD prices and not supporting the original creators...
Sorry guys. Get a less evil publisher.

Numb

Is there a way to play W101 with jap dub but the songs in the music are sung in english? I went to the settings but you can have dub and music in english or japanese but you cannot have both english and japanese at the same time for different things.

mrmyhthef

Is there a way to play W101 with jap dub but the songs in the music are sung in english? I went to the settings but you can have dub and music in english or japanese but you cannot have both english and japanese at the same time for different things.

What's wrong with the English dub?

Its just so good.

Ah I see. I wouldn't say a lot, since most battles are from mandatory
overworld battles as they generally block your way
. You just press buttons and beat them with ease a billion times, as escape rate is never 100%. I doubt they could wreck me even if they tried at this point.
Also, I have been using a lot more buffs and debuffs already. Guess those will be coming in handy for later boss battles as well. I wish I had more customization options to build up resistances and whatnot, but I'll work with what I can get.

Seems like you're not that far in the game lol. When enemies ambush you, or they drain your attacks, chances are someone or even everyone on your team is gonna die in that turn. Especially if the enemy is smirking.

I'm telling GuardianE you don't like him.

Guardian isn't a pirate. He's Dante.

ON-TOPIC TALK HERE
I actually find Woolie's stance of companies not even letting him give them money making him go to ye olde anime store to be morally fine.
ON-TOPIC TALK HERE

Would NA anime nerds use/pay for an anime store that includes USD to yen conversion?

If so, then we could go to anime stores and throw money at Japan!

ON-TOPIC TALK HERE
ON-TOPIC TALK HERE
I feel the same way with Kamen Rider. They don't even think about putting it on Crunchyroll. I do plan to give them some patronage by buying figures in the future tho. Its BS that some shows just won't localize/make me give money to them their shows.

Get Out
the dubs fine
support Tara Strong or get the nose destroyer 2

Never. Here's a link to a subreddit where they house the gif I mentioned earlier
NSFW
nosebleedtilldeath.gif

Has anyone downloaded and listened to the latest podcast? Were you able to get through the whole thing or does it suddenly stop randomly. I've tried redownloading it twice but it keeps cutting off around the 1:20 mark, am i the only one with this problem?

demidar

I feel the same way with Kamen Rider. They don't even think about putting it on Crunchyroll. I do plan to give them some patronage by buying figures in the future tho. Its BS that some shows just won't localize/make me give money to them their shows.

That's probably the best compromise. Fucking politics are the worst, I know a lot of Japanese publishers are very bullheaded when it comes to western distribution.

Xiraiya

I buy things that I feel are worth my money
which is most things
, nothing more, nothing less.
I certainly don't lose sleep over the dilemma.

Hey Frienders, I'm making a lobby in GG Xrd if anyone wants to play a few matches with a fellow scrub.

Room's called "Friends," in Distric 1A #2.

I'd play, but I'm not home right now. I can play later on, though.

Has anyone downloaded and listened to the latest podcast? Were you able to get through the whole thing or does it suddenly stop randomly. I've tried redownloading it twice but it keeps cutting off around the 1:20 mark, am i the only one with this problem?

Works fine for me.

Jman014

I downloaded the podcast but didn't run into any problems. Sorry about that.

I don't know how far I am and I don't entirely get the smirk mechanic. That is to say, aside from hitting someone with a weakness or crit, what determines whether you or your demon smirk?

If a demon hits a weakness/crit or is hit by something they null/reflect/drain, there's a good chance they'll smirk, which boosts their damage/evade throughout their next turn by a huge margin and also eliminates their weakness until the next turn as well. And the rate that your demon smirks stacks. Meaning if you hit two crits, you'll have a better chance of smirking than if you hit just one.

Animals are dickheads. The Man VS Wild quick look confirmed nature is conspiring against man.

Also.... It's a fucking video game.

Side note, fuck you for your avatar. STOP COMPARING KILL LA KILL TO SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG
Shadow the Hedgehog is actually only barely less bad than 06 and Boom

I have never in my life hit an enemy that smirked in that game. Ever. I was assuming they're invincible during that turn. So you mean (example) if I were to attack an enemy with fire weakness with fire spells from all four of my demons, each successful hit would increase the chances of the next demon smirking?

Only applies to the same demon.

Maragi on a bunch of jack frosts is pretty much guaranteed smirk.

Top Bottom