• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

I've actually just gotten a chance to get into SMT IV.
Atlus hates Urope.

Just gotten to the second location.

Is there anyway of checking your current alignment numbers? I want to keep the multiple playthroughs to the minimum.

I've actually just gotten a chance to get into SMT IV.
Atlus hates Urope.

Just gotten to the second location.

Is there anyway of checking your current alignment numbers? I want to keep the multiple playthroughs to the minimum.

You can't do it for the first half of the game, but when you reach the bars in each location (you'll know what I mean when you get there). Choose the talk to people option and there should be a cynical man who tells you what people think about you. You can usually learn what alignment you're currently at based on what he says.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Remember is P4 whenever Yukiko's English VA would say, "It's over!" she had like a stroke and slurred the entire sentence?

Xiraiya

Gintama_74_Large-19.png

360pages

SMT games don't have much depth to their actual combat. Most battles its kill before being killed, but it fits in the tone of the games so well, that I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

And its a thing all SMT games does, but I feel its almost intentionally made that way. You start off with shitty demons with everything wiping you off the face of the map, when you start fusing these kick ass demons and start running train on EVERYTHING, it makes you feel like a God. Its gameplay and narrative fit so well with each other that I can't fault it for not being the deepest combat system on the planet, but passable? Smh. Just because everything isn't etrian odyssey, doesn't make it passable. Would that make something like Final Fantasy 4/6/7/9/10/12/etc just the most complete garbage thing you've ever seen? Becuase those games have average combat in comparison to SMT 4. Or is a defend option really the difference between being good and bad, which is an extremely one sighted opinion to have about the genre that wasn't designed to be like that.

SMT isn't all about strategy, that's not how the games are designed. And even then, there is still some strategy to the boss fights. You can't compare this game to EO because they're nothing alike except for the first person combat style.

You can easily compare different RPG's combat however. Just because a game was designed to be that way doesn't make it automatically above criticism. There are plenty of questionable designed choices.

Also, most games are made to have some type of curve in it, even if they aren't always successful. I doubt the developers legit wanted to game to get easier as it went on. Or at least not at the speed that once you reach Tokyo the game difficulty is nearly slashed.

There are a lot of things I enjoy in SMT IV. The combat isn't even awful, or bad. But I can't say it's much better simply because it's different. Considering all end game bosses end up either being hit its weakness after debuffs or physical and almighty attacks.

Tako

Yo frienders just got back from filling out paper work and taking drug tests at work. How is everyone else doing?

You can easily compare different RPG's combat however. Just because a game was designed to be that way doesn't make it automatically above criticism. There are plenty of questionable designed choices.

Also, most games are made to have some type of curve in it, even if they aren't always successful. I doubt the developers legit wanted to game to get easier as it went on. Or at least not at the speed that once you reach Tokyo the game difficulty is nearly slashed.

There are a lot of things I enjoy in SMT IV. The combat isn't even awful, or bad. But I can't say it's much better simply because it's different. Considering all end game bosses end up either being hit its weakness after debuffs or physical and almighty attacks.

That's not just every SMT game, but almost every RPG.

Are you gonna say now that every SMT game has mediocre combat for an RPG? Because that's a fight I'll take with me to my grave.

Also, the game does become easier once you make it to the new area. But does the game become easy??? Hell no, not compared to 90% of JRPGs. You will still get ambushed and killed in one turn by enemies. You will still die, just not as much as before you get to the new area. You make it seem like after you make it to the new area, you can basically close your eyes and mash A till you win the game. There's nothing wrong with SMT 4's combat, especially when you look over to Persona 4 and see that combat system.

Seriously, of all the things wrong with SMT4, you choose to complain about the best part of the game.

Ah alright, i don't think i can watch anything on Crunchyroll at 1080p without it stuttering every few seconds

You also get 480 and 720. No ads and mobile access and new episodes are why I love it though.
The worst part is using crazy good CGI then your heart is broken .
It would be better if it was a mobile game then you could atleast play it for yourself.
I can just pretend it's not real. Everything is fine... ;~;

Looks like it's my turn, let's rock!

Uggggggghhhhhhhh it's the worst fucking thing to do to
Doom. He should be a goddamn badass.
Speaking of Doctor Doom, look at this hoodie I got my best friend for Christmas, it's rad as shit.
It also has a zipup mask, but it looks like shit.

I put these in an Eva thread in the OT but I figured you guys might enjoy them as well. A few pics from Eva World.

tumblr_inline_nc41gm1DvN1smwmll.gif

Jman014

Yo frienders just got back from filling out paper work and taking drug tests at work. How is everyone else doing?

Doing good. Waiting for Alfebit to come on so I can ask him where he got his avatar. Tried searching for the image but couldn't find it.

You also get 480 and 720. No ads and mobile access and new episodes are why I love it though.
I can just pretend it's not real. Everything is fine... ;~;
You can watch Crunchyroll on mobile!?

If that's the case then i'll take the bottom one if you don't mind

demidar

I'm surprised there are people here who don't have a Crunchyroll subscription. I mean you get

UN

LIMITED

ANIME

And you can watch Polar Bear Cafe ad-free at 1080p!

Top Bottom