• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

No you just get it regardless I believe, Dark Souls doesn't reward you anything special for no damage stuff.

Ok I was just confused about it since that was the first time in a long time I've had a no damage fight and the first time I've ever done the game out of order.

Anyway thanks.

One final SMTIV question to those with knowledge:
Is there any point to learning multi-hit spells when you could use single hit as well? Multi-hit might cause problems when one enemy is weak against said element and another is strong during the same battle. Is it not better to use single hit spells and abuse the turn mechanic?

I find multi-hit spells useful to discover said immunities/resistances and you might end up fighting a group of different demons that share that weakness as well. And a phys player with high crit abilities can make use of multi-hit physical skills, too

I'm generally able to kill hordes in 1-2 turns. I see, but wouldn't it actually harm me if there were, say, two enemies that nullify an element and two that are weak against it? Each nullified attack would remove one of my turns. But I see, using them with demons exclusively is an option as well.
Yes, and that's why single hits are more important. Having MP regen makes it much easier to get away with too.

Also, just my two cents, for the MC, keep doing it the way you are now and stick to single hit. Late game you get a certain multi hit spell that
has no element.

The protag is a bad healer late game, but he's fine atm. Never drop Concentrate ever.

I'm generally able to kill hordes in 1-2 turns. I see, but wouldn't it actually harm me if there were, say, two enemies that nullify an element and two that are weak against it? Each nullified attack would remove one of my turns. But I see, using them with demons exclusively is an option as well.

Yeah, I've been trying to play it safe, but by doing so, I've encountered moments where my damage output just isn't enough and there are multiple enemies.

So basically, the strengths of multi0hit outweigh the weaknesses? Should I just replace some of my single moves with multi? I'm not comfortable with having a full-offensive MC.

That's why you have demons. Keep your player with a single element and healing/support skills and fuse demons for the ones you don't have, including light/dark.

I see. That would of course mean that I wouldn't be able to carry all elements however. I'd need to either remove some spells or remove non-attack spells I have like concentrate, media and whatnot.

Not everyone on your team has to have every spell. Some could use ice and fire, some elec and force, etc. it's always ideal to have at least one teammate who's good at physical.

And chances are, if an enemy nulls or absorbs or repels one element you have, they'll be weak to another one. And if it's only enemy, focus on that one with other spells until you can use your ma- spells on everyone else.

croten

I feel like SMT4 is the JRPG I've needed for a while, I've been in a JRPG slump for a while and I really miss the atmosphere I got from some JRPGs in the PS2 era and I'm kinda feeling it again here.

Generic dumb clip art makes me laugh everytime.
#NotLikeSMTIV
Hey, I found this art, it looks like something you'd like:
JPDZJ.jpg

Woof. I only have the medium single-hit spells of all elements, Media, Concentrate and Bad Company for clutch reasons. Haven't found any really good spells yet.

It's my game clear character so off course he's got some good stuff. I had other demons with the elemental spells. Keep an eye out for the spell Holy Wrath as you go through the game.

Top Bottom