• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Emouse

Revolution the most balanced easily. Simply because you have to choose if you want your ultimate or an awakening.

Fuu legit made so many people Salty in Storm 3, which sucks since I actually legit like Fuu and playing as her.

Yeah I've not played much of revolution but I do like the idea of choosing your type, having all 3 at once in the other games got a bit much, but yeah I remember the salt messages they were just mad cuz Killer Bee was stylin' on em

So... what was the opinion on rule of rose?

I don't see as much active posts about it as say walking dead season 2 or other telltale games.

S2 of walking dead caused a divide in the community, and I won't lie I stopped watch because I got super salt.

I didn't care for the LP. It started off strong but as the game started teetering out near the end I started to lose interest. The combat in the game looks awful, forcing it in the later areas did not seem like a good idea

360pages

Yeah I've not played much of revolution but I do like the idea of choosing your type, having all 3 at once in the other games got a bit much, but yeah I remember the salt messages they were just mad cuz Killer Bee was stylin' on em

If you skipped Storm 3, then there is going to be a whole slew of new characters for you. Since they try to add at least 8-12 with each new game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
GGPO clearly isn't as good as Xrd's netcode that kindly gives people 20 frame delay when it starts lagging instead of rewinding the gamestate.

To be fair, GGPO has its own set of rollback issues when dealing with heavy latency, but I'd say it's good overall.

sjay1994

you are god damn right

SAiv7zV.gif

tumblr_inline_mkmzx15eY11qz4rgp.gif

Emouse

If you skipped Storm 3, then there is going to be a whole slew of new characters for you. Since they try to add at least 8-12 with each new game.

Oh yeah I've played all of the storm games just generation was the only one I played online and I only put about an hour in to revolution cuz the time it came out I was playing other things, I do remember looking at the character selection screen on rev and seeing a stupid amount of characters which is cool and awful at the same time? I will add tho that I'm still annoyed at support only characters being a thing, I wanna play as Anko and I think the only game I ever got to play as her was ultimate ninja 4 on the PS2 I think

sjay1994

Eh, on second thought, I'm gonna back down. I'm gonna be busy next week/weekend with work and backlog stuff and school stuff then I start classes on the week after. Maybe another time.

NEVER BACK DOWN!

WE LEARNED ONE THING FROM THE KARATE MASTER 2

but yeah, If you got important stuff to do, do that.

The tournament would start around 7-8 days from now.

I would have suggested a Skullgirls tournament but I can't run that on my laptop and only have the PS3 version

360pages

Oh yeah I've played all of the storm games just generation was the only one I played online and I only put about an hour in to revolution cuz the time it came out I was playing other things, I do remember looking at the character selection screen on rev and seeing a stupid amount of characters which is cool and awful at the same time? I will add tho that I'm still annoyed at support only characters being a thing, I wanna play as Anko and I think the only game I ever got to play as her was ultimate ninja 4 on the PS2 I think

Sound Ninja still makes me Salty, since the added Iruka as a playable character who's only ability he shown was being able to talk to people.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The tournament would start around 7-8 days from now.

I would have suggested a Skullgirls tournament but I can't run that on my laptop and only have the PS3 version

Have you tried running it on your laptop? Skullgirls is pretty low maintenance.

If it's 7-8 days from now, I probably won't have Third Strike by then. Maybe next time.

Skullgirls would be better, I assume more of us have it and play it far more regularly.

Don't more people have the PC/Steam version? I can't play that version.

I saw that Vanguard Princess is $3 on Steam right now. How is the net code on that?

Does Skullgirls have a PC demo I can test my laptop with?

Emouse

Sound Ninja still makes me Salty, since the added Iruka as a playable character who's only ability he shown was being able to talk to people.

I think with the sheer amount of characters that are in the game now they should at least make the effort, like Zabuza and Haku being absent from most of the games until recent releases, and they're even adding new characters when the support only people have been on the sidelines since forever, not that I don't like the new people, like Mecha Naruto is dumb but I love it, but c'mon let me have my snake lady

I saw that Vanguard Princess is $3 on Steam right now. How is the net code on that?

Vanguard Princess has no online, local only

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

There is no netcode for that. I'm fairly certain VP is local play only. Though if you can play VP, I would think you could run Skullgirls.

Does Skullgirls have a PC demo I can test my laptop with?

I don't think so. Just post your specs in here. I'm sure someone can eyeball it for you.

croten

I only think a couple of us have the PS3 version but still if you want a tourney you go for the one most people can play.

360pages

I think with the sheer amount of characters that are in the game now they should at least make the effort, like Zabuza and Haku being absent from most of the games until recent releases, and they're even adding new characters when the support only people have been on the sidelines since forever, not that I don't like the new people, like Mecha Naruto is dumb but I love it, but c'mon let me have my snake lady

Vanguard Princess has no online, local only

I think what makes it the most jarring is the fact that a lot of support characters have at least 1/4 of their animations done. I'd rather have Revolution lose some characters like Naruto' Mom, Iruka an Konohamaru and finish the support only characters. It's not even laziness at this point, they are making an effort not to finish these characters for some reason.

croten

Does Skullgirl PC have a demo?

I want to know for sure if my laptop can or can't run it.

Wait so you don't even know if your computer can run it? What's the most demanding game you can run?
Here are the minimum specs on steam

Processor: Dual-core CPU
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD3000
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 2 GB available

Emouse

I think what makes it the most jarring is the fact that a lot of support characters have at least 1/4 of their animations done. I'd rather have Revolution lose some characters like Naruto' Mom, Iruka an Konohamaru and finish the support only characters. It's not even laziness at this point, they are making an effort not to finish these characters for some reason.

Yeah exactly, the assests are there so why not use them and it's not like they're characters no one knows about, if I remember the ones in storm 3 are mostly the kage's posse

Wait so you don't even know if your computer can run it? What's the most demanding game you can run?
Here are the minimum specs on steam

Processor: Dual-core CPU
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD3000
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 2 GB available

I used one of those websites that checked my specs to see if my laptop could run it.

My video card is a piece of shit

360pages

Yeah exactly, the assests are there so why not use them and it's not like they're characters no one knows about, if I remember the ones in storm 3 are mostly the kage's posse

Yeah, it happens a lot, Storm 3 they added an entirely new character as DLC rather than finishing the Kage.

I just legit don't think they have time or they don't think people care about those characters enough to put them in.

Emouse

Yeah, it happens a lot, Storm 3 they added an entirely new character as DLC rather than finishing the Kage.

I just legit don't think they have time or they don't think people care about those characters enough to put them in.

I almost forgot about that, I guess they're more focused on what characters are currently most popular/relevent so it makes sense, it's a shame but what can you do

As we're talking about fightmans/naruto there's a few in the steam "anime" weekend sale, I just picked up KOF13, BB & Storm 3 while they're somewhat cheap

Top Bottom