• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

You guys do know there is a Jojo dub right?

And its actually pretty good.

z2cF37Y.gif

Is there? I had no idea actually. I never seek out a dub unless it's for a classic.

Oh My God! Vs. OOOOHHHHH MYYY GGGAAWWWWWDDDD!!!

I love Jojo's subs as much as the next guy and I was pleasently surprised by the dub. Matthew Mercer (Leon) as Jotaro was pretty fucking cool.

Well either way, a good dub just gives me another reason to rewatch it.

There's only one english dub I've seen that's way better than the original and it's the one for baccano. It's so much better than sub.
With the exception of the VA for Jacuzzi.

I love Jojo's subs as much as the next guy and I was pleasently surprised by the dub. Matthew Mercer (Leon) as Jotaro was pretty fucking cool.

Well either way, a good dub just gives me another reason to rewatch it.

I might rewatch part 2 with the dub since thats the best one.

Its only the first 3 episodes of part 3. Its just a test dub.
Maybe one day Jojo will make anime blow up in the West with it's amazing dub.

Why couldn't they fucking translate Dattebayo into "Ya know?"

It would be far less annoying and make more sense in the context that he keeps throwing that out.

Why the fuck does he have to keep saying dattebayo in the first place? Can't he be like a normal shonen protagonist and not have an awful catch phrase?

Xiraiya

Why the fuck does he have to keep saying dattebayo in the first place? Can't he be like a normal shonen protagonist and not have an awful catch phrase?

It's not even really a catch phrase, In japanese it doesn't exactly mean anything that can be translated, it's just a weird word habit thing attached to the end of sentences, Kushina explains that he gets it from her, that when she would get flustered or frustrated she'd say weird things when talking, as a bit of an uncontrollable blurt out.

So translating it into something like "Ya know?" makes more sense in context and in regards to his overall attitude than something like "Believe it!"

croten

It's not even really a catch phrase, In japanese it doesn't exactly mean anything that can be translated, it's just a weird word habit thing attached to the end of sentences, Kushina explains that he gets it from her, that when she would get flustered or frustrated she'd say weird things when talking as a bit of an uncontrollable blurt.

So translating it into something like "Ya know?" makes more sense in context and in regards to his overall attitude than something like "Believe it!"

That's kinda what a catchphrase is, just how Jotaro's is Yare Yare.

No but really I have 3 copies of 100% Orange Juice. I bought them on my alt account (since steam wouldn't let me buy the four pack and it was cheaper than 3 copies) if you guys want them, you'll have to either friend this other account or PM me your email.

I guess just send me a PM if you want a copy.

croten

No but really I have 3 copies of 100% Orange Juice. I bought them on my alt account (since steam wouldn't let me buy the four pack and it was cheaper than 3 copies) if you guys want them, you'll have to either friend this other account or PM me your email.

I guess just send me a PM if you want a copy.

I might have just done that myself :p

Top Bottom