• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

360pages

Yeah College is awesome, so may cool people there. It also helps that I live in Delaware where people are generally cool letting you like what you like.

Xiraiya

I find it baffling most of you have had to hide things like video games at one time or another, it's like you grew up in the most cliche highschool movie setting ever.

sjay1994

EH EH EH EH EHYAH

mega-milk-boy.jpg

Shackzam

Man, I used to hide that I liked Videogames other than Halo or CoD from people. Those were the worst years ever.

I wear a When's Mahvel shirt out in public all the time (plus some other shirts). I've actually struck some conversation with people that noticed.

croten

I find it baffling most of you have had to hide things like video games at one time or another, it's like you grew up in the most cliche highschool movie setting ever.

It's pretty common for people to feel like they need to hide things, I don't think I ever needed to but there were some people who definitely used it against me.

Set another high score in Ghost Squad. Currently completed Missions 1 and 2 up to level 8, and I'm gonna focus on getting Mission 3 caught up before I start tackling the second half of the difficulty levels.

Beloved

Inuyasha was the first anime I ever watched thanks to Adult Swim. I enjoyed it a lot at the time but I don't think I could watch it again.

Also yeah a lot of animes are harder to hear about if you havent watched much or talk to others that are really into it. It's a lot easier to find people that have seen Naruto than something like JoJo, that's not exclusive to girls.

JoJo is fucking rad though, anyone who doesn't give it a shot is missing out.

sjay1994

Inuyasha was the first anime I ever watched thanks to Adult Swim. I enjoyed it a lot at the time but I don't think I could watch it again.

Also yeah a lot of animes are harder to hear about if you havent watched much or talk to others that are really into it. It's a lot easier to find people that have seen Naruto than something like JoJo, that's not exclusive to girls.

JoJo is fucking rad though, anyone who doesn't give it a shot is missing out.

I watched anime and I didn't even know it was anime.

I stayed up pretty late and would watch Bionix on ytv

and would see stuff like gundam seed, hack sign, witch hunter robin, and FMA and had no idea what I was watching....

Looked cool though.

I work construction. My co workers are not the most open minded people in the world, to say the least. It just makes things easier to hide it.

360pages

Getting closer to 100% to Smash 3DS.

Also, just relax and find someone who enjoys something you do. As someone else said, if you have to hide things that you enjoy. (Video Games, Anime, ect) Then it's really not worth pursuing the relationship.

They don't have to like everything you do, but they should have the basic respect of allowing you to enjoy what you do.

I guess I'm lucky to have all my friends play video games and watch anime, but then again you can count the amount of friends i have on one hand

Beloved

Over Christmas holidays, I was telling my brother about Psycho-Pass (he's a 33 year old beardy southern man that loves football and hunting). I don't know if he found the concept weird or not, he said it sounded cool but he might've been humoring me.

But I got him playing The Walking Dead so there is that. He loves the show so I was like yoooo you need to play this game.

Jman014

Over Christmas holidays, I was telling my brother about Psycho-Pass (he's a 33 year old beardy southern man that loves football and hunting). I don't know if he found the concept weird or not, he said it sounded cool but he might've been humoring me.

But I got him playing The Walking Dead so there is that. He loves the show so I was like yoooo you need to play this game.

I can't wait for Telltale to bring out season 3.

360pages

I guess I'm lucky to have all my friends play video games and watch anime, but then again you can count the amount of friends i have on one hand

That's a good thing.

I should also note that there is also quite a few females on the writing site I visit, most of which are into Anime among other things. Neogaf and gaming sites as a whole seem to have low female numbers compared to even full anime sites.

Xiraiya

I have a few friends I never bother calling but they contact me from time to time when they want to make plans, they know where to find me, so I never worry about it.
Friends are fine but sometimes people make friendships complicated and they make a big deal out of it because they think you should be this or that, it's a whole mess I can't be bothered with.

I just spend all my time with Beloved, couldn't be happier.

My friends are always pretty chill except for this one thing. Its fine. We enjoy non anime shows and sci fi shit. We enjoy video games except I think LOL sucks.

And yes Dok, a lot of Portland is hypocritical. Its just how it is.

I appreciate the concern

Alfebit

Banned
Android? Galaxy phones are pretty damn solid.

Yeah, but I'm cheap and an s4 would cost $80 with a contract while I was previously looking at an s4 mini which I could get for $30. They don't make the case for the mini so I'm butthurt. I could get a 5c for $1 but I was leaning towards android. Decisions, decisions.

Yeah, but I'm cheap and an s4 would cost $80 with a contract while I was previously looking at an s4 mini which I could get for $30. They don't make the case for the mini so I'm butthurt. I could get a 5c for $1 but I was leaning towards android. Decisions, decisions.

I just got a 5c. It's pretty nice.

Yeah that's weighing preference against price, that's rough.
I thought you were laughing with Abu, but that... lmao

Top Bottom