• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

No but really I have 3 copies of 100% Orange Juice. I bought them on my alt account (since steam wouldn't let me buy the four pack and it was cheaper than 3 copies) if you guys want them, you'll have to either friend this other account or PM me your email.

I guess just send me a PM if you want a copy.

.....you can buy orange juice on steam???

sjay1994

No but really I have 3 copies of 100% Orange Juice. I bought them on my alt account (since steam wouldn't let me buy the four pack and it was cheaper than 3 copies) if you guys want them, you'll have to either friend this other account or PM me your email.

I guess just send me a PM if you want a copy.

Orange Juice is such a disappointment compared to apple juice.

.....you can buy orange juice on steam???
100OJ_Front_Cover.png

sjay1994

Guess not.

None of my friends know I watch anime. I would like to keep it that way

Your friends sound normal.

Nah, its fun when you have friends who share common interests. Like when one of my friends shit talks death note, and everyone else get salt.

I support him, because I fucking love salt.

Xiraiya

Cuz I have never met cute girls who like anime.
Its whatever

They're not worth it then, it's not like you have to find someone who likes everything you do, but whoever you be with should be able to appreciate your interests at the very least.

Meaning, you should be able to just be you without holding back, or else being with anyone is just... pointless and unnecessary.

ultimax

How do you keep that up? I can't go an hour without referencing some Japanese bullshit.
Whenever I hang out with my friends who aren't into anime/games, that's when I break out all my creepy anime bullshit just to see their reactions. Deep down I know they love it but refuse to admit it.

Whenever I hang out with my friends who aren't into anime/games, that's when I break out all my creepy anime bullshit just to see their reactions. Deep down I know they love it but refuse to admit it.

I love going to lunch with my dad and half brother, since they're both mechanics and only listen to classic rock, so while they talk about that shit I interject with "So yeah, Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! is like Sailor Moon but with cute anime boys." and they always just look at me as I smile.

Beloved

Cuz I have never met cute girls who like anime.

Its whatever

Some have said they feel anime is creepy and exploitive of women and is immature.

Some anime is creepy and exploitative but condemning all anime for that reason would be like saying "No I dont watch movies because they are creepy and exploitative", anime is just as diverse really.

It really baffles me that knowing girls into that stuff is rare for so many people, the first friends I ever had that were into anime or manga were female.

Also having to hide or change your interests to attract girls, just means you're going to attract people that are fundamentally incompatible with you.

Do you have to enjoy all the same things? No not at all, but there should at least be respect and tolerance for differing hobbies.

Frankly I couldnt tolerate being with someone that didn't enjoy at least some of the same nerdy past times as me, like anime/manga, reading, video games etc.

It's not about them liking anime, it's about them not being dismissive of your hobbies and you genuinely accepting your own hobbies.

Meh.

My friends come to me when they want general video game knowledge or good deals on computer stuff.

We've never talked about anime. No one else I know that I'm close with is into anime.

360pages

To be fair, most girls probably like series like Naruto and Attack on Titan more than series like TTGL and JoJo along with KLK. The series probably have more things that interest them than the other series.

(I legit I don't know why, most females also like series like Inuyasha and what not, which I actively dislike.)

Though there are all exceptions to this rule, but it is something I noticed.

Its only one hobby.

Its not that big a deal

We understand it's not a reason to stop being friends with these people or anything like that, but hiding your hobbies is just closing yourself off from all the people you could be friends with.

I've made friends just by talking about things openly and they happened to overhear me. You'd be surprised by how many people like anime but don't want to talk about it due to the perception of it being creepy. The only way to fight that perception is to openly be into it while not being a creepy weirdo.

Xiraiya

Most people I hung out with either liked the occasional moe trash or didn't care about anime at all, which is fine because they didn't care that I did like anime, so it was a non issue.
Never met anyone in my life who really looked down on video games, I've met plenty of people who were indifferent about them but liked one occasionally, that's about it.

sjay1994

To be fair, most girls probably like series like Naruto and Attack on Titan more than series like TTGL and JoJo along with KLK. The series probably have more things that interest them than the other series.

(I legit I don't know why, most females also like series like Inuyasha and what not, which I actively dislike.)

Fuck.... now that I think about it, all the girls I know who watch anime love inuyasha.

ultimax

I love going to lunch with my dad and half brother, since they're both mechanics and only listen to classic rock, so while they talk about that shit I interject with "So yeah, Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! is like Sailor Moon but with cute anime boys." and they always just look at me as I smile.
It's hilarious lmao. No point in being ashamed in the shit you're into.
unless it's like loli hentai or something

Man, I used to hide that I liked Videogames other than Halo or CoD from people. Those were the worst years ever.
Go buy a mega milk shirt and be proud of that otaku lifestyle

croten

Though there are all exceptions to this rule, but it is something I noticed.

I would assume because of mainstream appeal. Most normal people don't know about Jojo or KLK unless they're fairly into anime
EDIT: Hell I didn't until SBF mentioned it.

Never met anyone in my life who really looked down on video games, I've met plenty of people who were indifferent about them but liked one occasionally, that's about it.
Really, really closed minded environment. Luckily that's not a problem now, and I'm also a lot more mature. College is a breath of fresh air to say the least.
Go buy a mega milk shirt and be proud of that otaku lifestyle
Living the life

Top Bottom