• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

demidar

We're using tags! Mostly!

I'm just salty because I got hyper spoiled on Part 3 while catching up on the thread because I was carelessly highlighting spoilers.

If you're gonna bring up spoilers apropos of nothing, put in a (topic of spoiler) before the actual spoiler, so people know what's being spoiled.

joe2187

Banned
tumblr_n3z9q5CBAI1s0rmumo2_500.gif

Kenshiro can do that without crazy mystical homoerotic posing powers.

Yo, why the fuck is Zepp so cool in Xrd. I didn't think this random character was going to be this cool.
Do you have an image?
I'm just salty because I got hyper spoiled on Part 3 while catching up on the thread because I was carelessly highlighting spoilers.
If it's any consolation it'll probably still be hype, whatever it was
Kenshiro can do that without crazy mystical homoerotic posing powers.
No but you gotta look fabulous though, love it

mike0dude

kenshiro doesn't need no pussy ass stand to do his fighting for him, he can just walk through buildings after making them fall down with 1 punch
yx5aAP.gif

No I mean I was a big fan of MST3K and I had thought they fell off the earth, but they were still going.
Git gud. I bet you don't even know about the Film Crew.

This movie is like the shameless and ugly looking side of the 70's. This is no shameless and cheesy 70's of Angels Revenge.

joe2187

Banned
kenshiro doesn't need no pussy ass stand to do his fighting for him, he can just walk through buildings after making them fall down with 1 punch
yx5aAP.gif

Once you've unlocked the true nature of your profound sadness and neverending sorrow you're basically a living god.

I don't have one from Xrd, but apparently the story just nicknames him Zepp. His real name is President Gabriel.
Does he do a thing?
Man....I kinda wanna watch/read HnK now
JoJo part 3 spoilers
Iggy's death.
Oh shit that was me I'm fucking sorry

Yknow, the new Jojo intro has some astounding high level foreshadowing-fan service for fans that know whats what.

The Silhouette Portion with the sharp/swirling lines shows how they each get fucked up attacked. The swirl for Vanilla Ice on Iggy, Polnareff and Avdol, the crisscrossing lines slashed by the clocks pendulum for Kakyoin beating The World slashing through Hierophant, a single straight line towards Josephs throat, dozens of sharp pointed lines at Jotaro in mid-air for the time-stop world attack.

Yknow, the new Jojo intro has some astounding high level foreshadowing-fan service for fans that know whats what.

The Silhouette Portion with the sharp/swirling lines shows how they each get fucked up attacked. The swirl for Vanilla Ice on Iggy, Polnareff and Avdol, the crisscrossing lines slashed by the clocks pendulum for Kakyoin beating The World slashing through Hierophant, a single straight line towards Josephs throat, dozens of sharp pointed lines at Jotaro in mid-air for the time-stop world attack.
I really like how
it only makes sense if you already know, it lets them get away with Spoilers in the OP without actually spoiling it for people, and that's pretty cool.

Someone on tumblr is going to find out after the series ends and the first reply is going to be from someone who knew from the manga/older anime while using Joseph's "I knew you were going to say that" quote

Zenfalcia

My gif stopped working. thats awkward. oh well.

i'm on act 4 right now. please get excite.

Almost there!

Quite symbolic and obtuse if you don't already know or actively look for it. I wonder if the english translations for the lyrics are out.

Oh man, he can punch really fast.

That's so cool I can't handle it. Excuse me while I change my pants.
But he's punching REALLLYYYY HARD THO

Really though, the Part 3's stands are alright, but if you're not satisfied just wait 10 years for a Part 7 adaptation, those are some fucking cool stands.

But he's punching REALLLYYYY HARD THO

Really though, the Part 3'stands are alright, but if you're not satisfied just wait 10 years for a Part 7 adaptation, those are some fucking cool stands.

Well once Stardust ends I do plan to read and catch up. I already read the first 3 or 4 chapters of Part 4 and Josuke is already pretty likable.

Also, I think I just realized why I really don't like Jotaro that much.
He doesn't feel like the Joestar that deserves to get revenge on Dio, let alone fight him. It should have been Joseph.
Maybe that will change with more that I see but for now that's the impression I get.

ultimax

Oh man, he can punch really fast.

That's so cool I can't handle it. Excuse me while I change my pants.

Nah punching things is the hypest. You can't get any manlier than that.

Also, i dont understand why Jotaro gets so much hate for being just a super cool for no reason muscular guy. Joseph isn't exactly the deepest character in anime either. they're both still great for what they are.

Well once Stardust ends I do plan to read and catch up. I already read the first 3 or 4 chapters of Part 4 and Josuke is already pretty likable.
People should totally read the manga. If just so everyone gets Part 4,7, and I guess 6 ASAP.
He doesn't feel like the Joestar that deserves to get revenge on Dio, let alone fight him. It should have been Joseph.
Maybe that will change with more that I see but for now that's the impression I get.
I dunno what to tell ya there.
Dio being in Part 3 is just done for the hell of it really. Making Jonathan's death meaningless kinda sucks in that regard.

The reason for Jotaro's journey is Holly,
and how he's a super stoic tsundere for her.

People should totally read the manga. If just so everyone gets Part 4,7, and I guess 6 ASAP.

I dunno what to tell ya there.
Dio being in Part 3 is just done for the hell of it really. Making Jonathan's death meaningless kinda sucks in that regard.

I love that Dio is back because without him this entire season would have been unwatchable. He's the reason I was able to get through some of the shitty parts of the first half of Part 3, because I was hype to finally get to him.

The reason for Jotaro's journey is Holly,
and how he's a super stoic tsundere for her.

I get that, but it's not like Dio was specifically out to kill his mother. Joseph should be the main one here out for revenge on him taking his grandfathers body like that. I don't even think Jotaro gives a single shit about anything to do with Jonathan.

Everything that could be done eventually ended up being done with the ripple, to the point where the ripple is present in 3 or 4 encounters in Part 3, but by the end becomes laughably outclassed during the confrontation with Dio, the one person who it should be effective against.
Dio stabs him in the throat specifically so he cant use ripple. It was joseph sending ripple through his stand that didnt work because it gwas wrapped around his body, not his head, which is the only part thats vampire.

Also, i dont understand why Jotaro gets so much hate for being just a super cool for no reason muscular guy. Joseph isn't exactly the deepest character in anime either. they're both still great for what they are.

Joseph has character. You can pick him out of a lineup for being the big goofball he is.

There's nothing about Jotaro that stands out. Maybe back when this was new and that archetype of character was somewhat fresh it was cool but these days it just doesn't come across very interesting.

Top Bottom