• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Part way through Episode 9

Dio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vOxg9l.gif

mrmyhthef

Question, does anybody know why Kiryu is in fukuoka driving a taxi in Yakuza 5?

Spoilered for those who want to find out in the game itself (actually I'd recommend you do too):

Basically he was forced out of the orphanage because of money problems and someone offered to provide support but only on the condition that Kiryu left (this is kinda weird cus you should have 10s of millions of yen at the end of each game but w/e). So then he started wandering, got super drunk and miserable and got his ass beat by some punks before Nakajima (taxi boss) stepped in and offered him a job.

To people wondering, this makes sense in context.
sort of

not really.

Curse you Pearl Jam!

I can't believe I had the same nightmare eight times in a row. Fuck this day, I'm done sleeping.

I like Jotaro. It's just that, having only seen the first half of part 3, he is incredibly bland in comparison to Joseph. He's cool, for sure, but that's really all he is. Looking forward to the upcoming episodes though.

Jeez, whats the nightmare?

Shackzam

Man I remember when my older brother wasn't interested in the first two parts of jojo because of how it looked and didn't understand the poses and character designs. I kept on telling him that the first part took a lot of things from fist of the north star and other stuff. He finally caved and watched the first two parts and he loved them. He fucking loves Joseph.

It's entirely dark, until a red figure starts forming in the distance. I'm basically a set of eyes, not moving and as if I'm merely half asleep. It closes in relatively quickly and the more it does, the more my eyes feel like they're burning and the more my heart rate goes up for some reason and the more my body spasms out until it literally lly wakes me up.

The burning feeling disappears, but the heart rate and shaking remain for a few minutes.
This is so incredibly fucked up.

You should see a doctor, the way you're describing it you may actually be somewhat awake and be experiencing a form of sleep paralysis.

It's entirely dark, until a red figure starts forming in the distance. I'm basically a set of eyes, not moving and as if I'm merely half asleep. It closes in relatively quickly and the more it does, the more my eyes feel like they're burning and the more my heart rate goes up for some reason and the more my body spasms out until it literally lly wakes me up.

The burning feeling disappears, but the heart rate and shaking remain for a few minutes.
Holy shit, can I steal this idea for a horror game?

Seriously though that's nuts, goddamn. Frustrating to say the least.
Edit: Oh. Yeah I admit I know nothing, but that sounds like something that's worth getting checked out.

sjay1994

huh.... thats more fucked up than mine where someone is always throwing me out of a building and me hitting the ground.

demidar

I've had a lot of nightmares, but strangely enough I never have the same dream more than twice.

That said, the worst one was when spiders suddenly spawned in my underpants and I could feel them crawling around.

To all of you who get nightmares, you need to go to bed earlier. Nightmares (and dreams) are only really remembered if you come out of sleep during rem sleep. it's something like your dream still being kept in memory (like RAM). If you wake up during stage 1 like you're supposed to, it's like you didn't dream at all.

Magaridyne being consistently woken up by his and having increased heart rate and such, as well as feeling pseudo awake during though, makes me think it's a physical effect that's waking him up.

dont get me wrong, i like Joseph better as well, but Jotaro is awesome too and he gets a lot of undeserved hate. I still like Part 3 more than Part 2 though

My gf really hates Jotaro because back in high school she would have loved that type of character and thought he's the coolest, so it makes her cringe every time she sees him.

My worst nightmares are ritual sacrifice of my (consenting) family members in some sort of religious ceremony where I can't stop them. I think the cause of them from my childhood is fairly obvious.
My nightmares usually include incest, but instead of with my anime waifus but with my actual family. It's terrible and it upsets me for days afterwards.
That actually sounds really incredibly upsetting and terrible.

Yeah, that's what I was assuming as well, I'm just not familiar with it occuring in the exact same manner multiple times in a row.

I'll have to look into it next monday. Thanks Pat.

I'm actually a fast sleeper, gonna see whether it happens again.

Even if it's not, like, the same nightmare 8 nights in a row is going to affect your sleep. If the doc doesn't think it's physical then they'd surely recommend you to a shrink or something because that'll make you dread sleep and is a quick path to insomnia because you literally put off sleep to avoid it.

sjay1994

To all of you who get nightmares, you need to go to bed earlier. Nightmares (and dreams) are only really remembered if you come out of sleep during rem sleep. it's something like your dream still being kept in memory (like RAM). If you wake up during stage 1 like you're supposed to, it's like you didn't dream at all.

Magaridyne being consistently woken up by his and having increased heart rate and such, as well as feeling pseudo awake during though, makes me think it's a physical effect that's waking him up.

Its only 4:47am.... the night is still young.

Since I am in university.... I do need to fix my sleep schedule.

demidar

Yeah, I know. I'm going to fix this before it gets worse, but doctor practices aren't going to be open until monday, so I have to wait. I'll probably just make some adjustments to my eating and sleeping pattern in the mean time and note down what changes these may bring.

I could go to my university and talk to the shrink there (Our school seems to have a specialized shrink for us psychology students), but I'll probably just see a doc first.
Thank you.

What time do you usually go to sleep?

Zenfalcia

Very likely. Wish I could remember them though.

I dunno man, I'd like to know what I dream about.

It happens to me all the time. By the end of the day i barely remember what the dream was.

Dreams can be about anything. Dumb stuff to really realistic dreams where it feels like you're awake.

I dunno if you'd want to or be able to bait yourself into waking up during your REM cycle, but there you go.

Not a chance. Once I'm asleep I'm out to the world until my body decides I've had enough sleep.

It happens to me all the time. By the end of the day i barely remember what the dream was.

Dreams can be about anything. Dumb stuff to really realistic dreams where it feels like you're awake.

The last dream I remember having I was living a different life for what felt like a years time.

It was certainly an experience.

Zenfalcia

And once you do, you'll like to have your proper sleep back again. I've had periods where I could not sleep properly and remembered multiple dreams every night. It's not as pleasant as you might imagine it to be.

Be glad with what you have.

Not all dreams are bad... So it could be a good experience for some people

I wish I had nightmares again. That would mean I get sleep. I usually stay awake stressing out over dumb bullshit until I take sleeping medicine so I don't think about things. Kicking in right now actually so I am out.

Top Bottom