• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Also, i dont understand why Jotaro gets so much hate for being just a super cool for no reason muscular guy. Joseph isn't exactly the deepest character in anime either. they're both still great for what they are.
He doesn't need to be deep, I'll admit I haven't read part 3 but Jotaro is just boring to me. Joseph has humour, Jotaro has standing around while his stand does whatever and wins

......that's his mom
He's still a tsundere actually.
Just not a creepy kind, he just calls her a bitch and actually loves her.
I love that Dio is back because without him this entire season would have been unwatchable. He's the reason I was able to get through some of the shitty parts of the first half of Part 3, because I was hype to finally get to him.
I'm really weirded out by what your opinion, and I'm realizing it's because you're watching a show weekly that I marathoned in like two sittings.

I'm really weirded out by what your opinion, and I'm realizing it's because you're watching a show weekly that I marathoned in like two sittings.

Honestly, I think it would have been harder to marathon because I would have had to sit through a villain of the week episode after episode with no break. Stardust's formula actually works quite well on a week to week basis.

Zenfalcia

He's still a tsundere actually.
Just not a creepy kind, he just calls her a bitch and actually loves her.

That's him being a delinquent and at that rebellious age who's trying not to love his mother
even though he cares a lot about her.

I get that, but it's not like Dio was specifically out to kill his mother. Joseph should be the main one here out for revenge on him taking his grandfathers body like that. I don't even think Jotaro gives a single shit about anything to do with Jonathan.

Joseph is as far removed as Jotaro from Jonathan because Jonathan was dead before Joseph even aware of him. And Jonathan's death didn't have the same gravity for Joseph as with Caesar and Zeppeli.

......that's his mom

I know.
I'm not trying to push some Aaron-type bullshit, rather that Jotaro's attitude toward her at the beginning was a cover because teenagers can't show affection towards their parents

joe2187

Banned
Naaaaaaaaaaahhhh, I mean look at him. He could do nothing wrong.

tumblr_n2egzrFbSS1t8x277o8_250.jpg

Honestly, I think it would have been harder to marathon because I would have had to sit through a villain of the week episode after episode with no break. Stardust's formula actually works quite well on a week to week basis.
No I meant the manga. You get like 12 fights of the week in a row with dumb bullshit every 5 seconds. Part 3 is one of the weakest parts for the fact that lots of things are comparably boring, but I think being animated really hurts it when there's an ENTIRE episode dedicated to things that are like 20 pages in the manga.
That's him being a delinquent and at that rebellious age who's trying not to love his mother
even though he cares a lot about her.
Tsundere yo.

PART 3 SPOILERS GUYS DONT CLICK IF YOU'RE WATCHING THE ANIME

sjay1994

Yknow, the new Jojo intro has some astounding high level foreshadowing-fan service for fans that know whats what.

The Silhouette Portion with the sharp/swirling lines shows how they each get fucked up attacked. The swirl for Vanilla Ice on Iggy, Polnareff and Avdol, the crisscrossing lines slashed by the clocks pendulum for Kakyoin beating The World slashing through Hierophant, a single straight line towards Josephs throat, dozens of sharp pointed lines at Jotaro in mid-air for the time-stop world attack.

Asides from Stand Proud, all of the OP's have had foreshadowing. It was incredibly blatant in part 2

ultimax

Joseph has character. You can pick him out of a lineup for being the big goofball he is.

There's nothing about Jotaro that stands out. Maybe back when this was new and that archetype of character was somewhat fresh it was cool but these days it just doesn't come across very interesting.

He doesn't need to be deep, I'll admit I haven't read part 3 but Jotaro is just boring to me. Joseph has humour, Jotaro has standing around while his stand does whatever and wins

You can pick him out for being the trickster and stuff. I get it. You can also pick out Jotaro for being the Badass that doesnt take shit from anyone. The point im trying to make is that neither character is exactly deep anyway, so trying to go super in depth about it is pointless. It's all preference.

Personally i've enjoyed Part 3 a million times more than Part 2. Its just my dumb opinion, but i think the all of JoJo is amazing

sjay1994

You can pick him out for being the trickster and stuff. I get it. You can also pick out Jotaro for being the Badass that doesnt take shit from anyone. The point im trying to make is that neither character is exactly deep anyway, so trying to go super in depth about it is pointless. It's all preference.

Personally i've enjoyed Part 3 a million times more than Part 2. Its just my dumb opinion, but i think the all of JoJo is amazing

"Here is your reciept"

The Dan beat down gave me a justice boner.

Joseph has character. You can pick him out of a lineup for being the big goofball he is.

There's nothing about Jotaro that stands out. Maybe back when this was new and that archetype of character was somewhat fresh it was cool but these days it just doesn't come across very interesting.

He's the archetype of the "cool" character while Joseph and Johnathan are both sides of the "hot" character. It's obvious which one endured time better.

Yesssss. I just got done uploading, making pages for and scheduling videos (on my end) for the next 16 days yessss. Finally, after Japan and the holidays we're finally back up to having a schedule.

sjay1994

He's the archetype of the "cool" character while Joseph and Johnathan are both sides of the "hot" character. It's obvious which one endured time better.

Johnathan is kinda warm.

Ever since I started watching Jojo since the video that almost killed the channel *thanks by the way for making me watch Jojo though*

I was able to make a couple of my friends also watch it.... but all of them are really eh on Johnathan.

They love Joseph and Jotaro though.

Yesssss. I just got done uploading, making pages for and scheduling videos (on my end) for the next 16 days yessss. Finally, after Japan and the holidays we're finally back up to having a schedule.
I'm so excited for the new LP, I can't even express how much so. You talking about those games got me to play them, and goddamn they're all amazing. Really excited to hear thoughts on specific moments.

ultimax

I still like Joseph better since he is the lovable goofball.

But I like Jotaro because he is COOL guy.
dont get me wrong, i like Joseph better as well, but Jotaro is awesome too and he gets a lot of undeserved hate. I still like Part 3 more than Part 2 though
Oh man I wanna say shit but spoilers. God dammit, everyone read Part 4 already.

It's fiiiiine. Part 4 will get adapted soon right?....

right?....

Top Bottom