• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Rec hall and there is robots everywhere

I'm terrible at rpgs
So it's player and stat issues rather than the game's quality going to shit (which it actually does, just at the point you're at now).

I have no idea whether or not I'm gifted towards it or I'm just lucky with these old RPGs, but I never go in with a specific build in mind, and I never end up screwing myself due to pad distribution of points. I never have my mind on optimal leveling or min maxing, I just play how I choose to and I do better than most would in this day and age.

Jman014

One of you will probably find this gif useful

I would crop it but effort

Why us that one if you could use the superiour version?

Water+tribe+represent+water+tribe+out+and+chief+bei+fong+ain+t_27c967_3625780.gif

Aww yiss. Korra!

Btw what's up, frienders? How's everyone doing?

So it's player and stat issues rather than the game's quality going to shit (which it actually does, just at the point you're at now).

I have no idea whether or not I'm gifted towards it or I'm just lucky with these old RPGs, but I never go in with a specific build in mind, and I never end up screwing myself due to pad distribution of points. I never have my mind on optimal leveling or min maxing, I just play how I choose to and I do better than most would in this day and age.

I didn't put shit into energy weapons for some reasons. I hate energy weapons in like every game they are in.

Jman014

Bored. Not doing shitty college homework. Should be watching Korra season 3 because I just fucking dropped off that series for no reason. Might rewatch Kuroko's basketball instead...

Well if you get super bored someday you outta check out books 3 and 4. Book 3 especially. It has cool stuff in it.

Btw thanks for the gif Beloved, I'll save it for future use.

360pages

I can't even find an argument against that. Kagome is one of the most unlikable leads I have ever seen.

I mean, I understand how she was written like that, but the Sit gag got really old, really fast. Combined that with the fact that nearly every single male they come across thinks she's a goddess and wants to bang her also can be grating.

No. Superior.
CT is hot garbage compared to SoM's narrative. Time travel is cool, but alchemy and wisps are cooler.

CT also has plot holes regarding it's narrative. The epoch is fucking sick tho.

Just to clarify, I don't think Chrono Trigger is bad. It just didn't really grip me and so I found it kind of dull.

I have not. All I know about SoM is that it has a really good opening theme.

I think it's on the Wii VC store. If you have a Wii, allow me to gift you the game.

mike0dude

fucking hippies came knocking at my door... trying to talk my little brother into joining green peace or some bullshit...
told him to tell him to fuck off and close the door because the cold was coming into the house. I hate living in this part of town.

croten

No. Superior.
CT is hot garbage compared to SoM's narrative. Time travel is cool, but alchemy and wisps are cooler.

CT also has plot holes regarding it's narrative. The epoch is fucking sick tho.

I never got very far in it but I thought the gameplay was dull and I would disagree 100% with Alchemy over Time Travel. Alchemy has always bored me and I think Time Travel is nearly always interesting.

360pages

Inuyasha is a shojo I guess, so it probably wasn't made for me. Though it felt like a series that could have been half as long. I don't mind long series, I actually prefer them to shorter ones. But Inuyasha feels like one story arc stretched for an entire series.

It's a wonderful program. No show has ever reached that level of meta.

Remember the episode where Sam and Dean go into the real world, replacing their actors on the set?

It really is a great show, the fanbase annoys me a little.

Yes, the fourth wall has never been broken so hard.

Remember the episode where Sam keeps waking up to Asia every morning because he's caught in a Time Paradox?

K.I.T tournament is streaming today so im watching that.

What anime video do you guys show to people who never seen anime to introduce one to them?
I always go with Ippo champion road intro.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOk3CpSaKs

Kuroko no basket spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L3ibt590KE

It really is a great show, the fanbase annoys me a little.

Yes, the fourth wall has never been broken so hard.

Remember the episode where Sam keeps waking up to Asia every morning because he's caught in a Time Paradox?

Remember the episode where Dean had a fist fight with a fairy?

What anime video do you guys show to people who never seen anime to introduce one to them?
I always go with Ippo champion road intro.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOk3CpSaKs
If they won't watch Eva or Bebop off of word of mouth, I'm not showing them a video. I don't care enough to do so.

I will never introduce my friends to SoL shows, on the off chance that they take that shit too far, and start resembling real life K-OnGaf.

Remember the one where the childrens drawings at Chuck E Cheese were coming to life and killing people? Sharks in the ball pits and Unicorns impaling people and shit.

Remember the one where Sam and Dean had to act out TV shows like Doctor Sexy MD and a Japanese game show to survive?

Zenfalcia

Super robot stuff. Mazinger, Getter, GaoGaiGar, the good shit. I only save Needless for people who are already into anime on a surface level to see if they're capable of consuming high levels of ecchi.

Also did you watch the newest episode?

Not yet, I've had my nephews here all day and I'm going out tonight, but tomorrow night I'm gonna absorb the shit out of it and whatever other series started today and tomorrow. It's killing me not to be able to watch it.

I show them sword art
heh
and attack on titan or really anything mainstream.

Attack on Titan is my other go to, usually because they ask about it and I just show them the first episode. If you're not hooked by the end of the first one you probably won't like it, so that's worked out pretty well so far.

Though, now I'm also gonna throw Monster into that mix, since it's fucking super approachable to non-anime viewers.

I always go with Ippo champion road intro.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOk3CpaKs
I don't think I have ever shown an anime to someone who hadn't already seen one. One time I discribed the legacy and praise that Eva has to a friend of mine with a real basic run down on the characters and why I liked the show. I then linked him the congratulations scene and the scene at the start of EoE with Shinji doing the thing
"I'm so fucked up"
mission accomplished

Top Bottom