• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Numb

Really real answer is that I usually just describe Death Note to them, since that usually suckers people in.

I show them that but tell them to watch deathnote.
It is easier to show them an anime about a relatable thing like sports instead of giant robots.
That is why the eva angle is not consistent. Cowboy bepop is good since it is not easy see what it is about but maily focuses on the characters and their goals.

Zenfalcia

Attack on Titan is my other go to, usually because they ask about it and I just show them the first episode. If you're not hooked by the end of the first one you probably won't like it, so that's worked out pretty well so far.

Though, now I'm also gonna throw Monster into that mix, since it's fucking super approachable to non-anime viewers.

One piece is probably a safe choice too..

From what i've heard, it could've been a TV live action drama. You know what's super approachable? Madoka.
:p
Xiraiya/Beloved/VS my friend wants to read Gintama instead of watch it, how crazy are they?

I've been reading it. It's been fun and still entertaining.

I show them that but tell them to watch deathnote.
It is easier to show them an anime about a relatable thing like sports instead of giant robots.
That is why the eva angle is not consistent. Cowboy bepop is good since it is not easy see what it is about but maily focuses on the characters and their goals.

I'd never recommend Eva to someone who hasn't watched anime, it's similar to Gurren in that an existing appreciation for the tropes being represented is very crucial to liking it to its fullest potential.

I've also had good luck recommending Durarara and Another, since one is stylized and unique and the other is just a fun mystery and is short.

If their familiar with anime, I'll recommend Eva, but if they have no anime experience, I ain't recommending shit. You get into that pitfall on yo own.

MncPsycho

Neo Member
Frienders! Where is a good place to watch Ippo super legit?

Because Cruncyroll is being a shit by not having the older series.
Why do I give you my money Crunchyroll? You always betray me.

mike0dude

Frienders! Where is a good place to watch Ippo super legit?

Because Cruncyroll is being a shit by not having the older series.
Why do I give you my money Crunchyroll? You always betray me.

i almost took up a crunchy roll membership last night
then i checked
and they only had like 30 different anime and manga...

Zenfalcia

I'd never recommend Eva to someone who hasn't watched anime, it's similar to Gurren in that an existing appreciation for the tropes being represented is very crucial to liking it to its fullest potential.

I've also had good luck recommending Durarara and Another, since one is stylized and unique and the other is just a fun mystery and is short.

I got someone to watch Sakarasou(the pet girl of sakurasou) or something like that... So there's that... But that was because i was watching it and he got curious and started watching it with me.

MncPsycho

Neo Member
i almost took up a crunchy roll membership last night
then i checked
and they only had like 30 different anime and manga...

High quality JoJo, Kuroko, new Ippo, KLK, and a myriad of other "okay" shows makes me keep the subscription. I need my 1080p, ad-free, simulcast, fabulous JoJo poses.

Numb

If their familiar with anime, I'll recommend Eva, but if they have no anime experience, I ain't recommending shit. You get into that pitfall on yo own.

I have a friend who watches anime but not alot and about the time the new eva movies came out i watched one with him and he was confused and but then we watched that strong world one piece movie and loved it. It seems as though you need to be a little bit into anime to go near eva.

So around the time SMT IV was being released i got hyped and tried to play Nocturne to prepare myself. little did i know that Europe is the dark continent to ATLUS and the game was delayed and with it my hype for noctrune. But since SMT IV just came out should i jump into Nocturne to get ready for it? Is nocturne even required gameplay or storywise or should i jump into W101 right now?

I have a friend who watches anime but not alot and about the time the new eva movies came out i watched one with him and he was confused and but then we watched that strong world one piece movie and loved it. It seems as though you need to be a little bit into anime to go near eva.

So around the time SMT IV was being released i got hyped and tried to play Nocturne to prepare myself. little did i know that Europe is the dark continent to ATLUS and the game was delayed and with it my hype for noctrune. But since SMT IV just came out should i jump into Nocturne to get ready for it? Is nocturne even required gameplay or storywise or should i jump into W101 right now?
Nocturne is its own universe, and is arguably better than IV by some people. I like the better designed boss encounters and steady difficulty, though I still prefer IV for its callbacks to the earlier MegaTen games. They can be both approached separately.

But forget about that bullshit, play Wonderful 101 NOW!

I've heard good things about kissanime. Never used it myself.

A friend showed me that site years ago. The quality of the videos are garbage.

While people are checking out that link, just watch some episodes of that anime.

The quality of the videos are garbage but it usually has just about any anime you would want to watch. I found another that has better quality but not as big of a catalog.

Keep it in PMs.. do you prefer streaming or having a "physical copy".

You can't link outside sites that arent.. "legal"

Yea..I fixed it.

croten

The quality of the videos are garbage but it usually has just about any anime you would want to watch. I found another that has better quality but not as big of a catalog.

Yea..I fixed it.

You see why bother streaming it if it's terrible quality? I just download from my local anime store

The point I'm at now because I have fan fucking tastic internet, I either buy my anime or just download it. Streams have become useless to me now, especially with how shit quality their videos are.

Keep it in PMs.. do you prefer streaming or having a "physical copy".

You can't link outside sites that arent.. "legal"

You see why bother streaming it if it's terrible quality? I just download from my local anime store

The point I'm at now because I have fan fucking tastic internet, I either buy my anime or just download it. Streams have become useless to me now, especially with how shit quality their videos are.

I only use that site if Crunchyroll doesn't have it. 90% of the time they do.

Numb

Nocturne is its own universe, and is arguably better than IV by some people. I like the better designed boss encounters and steady difficulty, though I still prefer IV for its callbacks to the earlier MegaTen games. They can be both approached separately.

But forget about that bullshit, play Wonderful 101 NOW!

I was using Nocturne as a stepping stone for IV even though i knew it was good too but i didnt know it could be better aswell. Know i am more hyped.

But that can wait ill jump on W101 instantely. Wish me luck.

Why bother with that site when you can just get a great sail elsewhere?

I don't anymore, it was just the first site that came to mind since I bought Ippo from my local anime store instead of streaming it.

It's not about the usage, it's about posting bannable sites.
Yea I know, that was directed to the people who were saying the video quality is garbage, which it is I won't deny that.

Ok, whoever signed their name COMP, that's cute, but if you don't gimme a real username that vote doesn't count.
Alright, I'm gonna play some Virtua Cop 2 and dish out some "Justice Shots" on some criminals. And then maybe some more Ghost Squad tonight.
I played Virtua Cop 1 on a Saturn semi-recently and had way too much fun with it,

Jman014

You said you didn't watch anime, but would you watch one about mechs playing basketball?

Eh not really into bball other than the Barkley LP. Never really got into sports even though in real life I was on a soccer team and did martial arts. So I'll pass. How are you, btw?

I don't think the person wants that vote to be counted.
May or may not have been me.
Ok, just making sure nobody thought it would still count. Also had to rule out the possibility of the ghost of COMP haunting the thread.
only 3 minutes till SH2.
tumblr_mxgsx1EiiB1qc1jg4o1_400.gif

Oberon

Banned
Eh not really into bball other than the Barkley LP. Never really got into sports even though in real life I was on a soccer team and did martial arts. So I'll pass. How are you, btw?

I am feeling quite good better than just before that's for sure, thanks for asking.
Now that the despair has vanished, I can now continue my mission of piercing through the heavens!

360pages

Oh finally got the chance to Finish the First World Tournament Arc of Dragon Ball. Such a satisfying conclusion to an arc even I Goku lost. Hell, even though I think Dragon Ball Z has worse writing, I'd still put how they finish out their story arcs far above a lot of recent anime just because each arcs ends really well.

I played Virtua Cop 1 on a Saturn semi-recently and had way too much fun with it,
Virtua Cop 2's first boss throws crates and barrels at you, and at the very end when he has one hit point left throws a goddamn coffee truck at you. It's so silly.

It's not a nostalgia thing, but there's just something about the aesthetic and music with Model 2 games that makes me happy. It makes me excited to play a video game. When all these pixel art indie games have all been expended, I hope the next old graphic style to emulate is something like this. It's either that or PS1 graphics with the textures floating and warping in space or some shit.

Top Bottom