• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

I hit the refresh button every couple of seconds... That's why I'm the pilot of this shame plane.

I stopped browsing this place so much cause I rather now have this place show up on work internet because... you know

OMG Super Mario RPG. Just a nostalgia trip. This and FFVI were my first RPGs.

Holy shit I didn't even see the SH2 vid!

These guys are so awesome. I can't believe I didn't start watching them sooner ;__;

All these new people. Most we had in a while

These guys are so awesome. I can't believe I didn't start watching them sooner ;__;

I think my first RPG was FF4. I learned to read to play that game.

And yeah, they're pretty rad, but focus on the future you have with them in your life! Not the past without them!

Zenfalcia

Holy shit I didn't even see the SH2 vid!

YEAH, THEY ARE! Conglaturations for watching them now.
I stopped browsing this place so much cause I rather now have this place show up on work internet because... you know

It's fine! There's nothing wrong at all, all these SFW avatars and discussions are all here to make it easy to browse at work!

Hey peeps, just a quick poll of what you guys think of todays new stuff, new style for SH2 in particular.

When's Ultimax! Interesting since I don't know anything about any game except Game of Thrones. I kinda want to play Mario and SH2 now.

Hey peeps, just a quick poll of what you guys think of todays new stuff, new style for SH2 in particular.
Fsjal.svg

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I haven't been watching your videos as regularly as I would have liked (still love that podcast tho), but I'm going to make time for Mario RPG and Silent Hill. I think it's great. Keep doing it.

I think you guys should still talk over cutscenes and stuff. Especially if the game has subtitles. Its really awkward when theres just giant gaps of silence.

No way. We talk briefly over some gameplay style cutscenes but the cutscenes in Sh2 have such fantastic soundtracks, framing and pacing that we'd only damage them.

I haven't played the Mario RPG game, so I can't give my opinion on that, but the SH2 was pretty great. It was pretty interesting that you pointed out that some players couldn't get out of the restroom the first time through.
I never thought it would be so difficult....
. The analysis of the enemies seems top notched as I never noticed the
references to condoms
in that specific enemy.

BossRush

Well. I'm stuck and I think i'm only about 10 minutes in?

I tried to get to rosewood park and all the entrance ways are blocked, and I tried a bunch of doors and none of them are working.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
No way. We talk briefly over some gameplay style cutscenes but the cutscenes in Sh2 have such fantastic soundtracks, framing and pacing that we'd only damage them.

I agree. I don't remember, did you talk over cutscenes in Last of Us? Or is this the first game that's being done for?

360pages

I'm probably enjoying the Mario RPG the most next to Silent Hill. Both seem really fun at the moment. Not feeling Game of Thrones. Probably because Telltale only interest me with characters or settings I know. Which is why I got so wrapped up into The walking dead and The Wolf among us, since I could relate to everything.

Game of Thrones seems like a somewhat generic fantasy setting, and I have little knowledge about it.

I think the style you're going for with SH2 is great as I find myself interested by LPs that are informative about the game itself than just being carried by reactions and commentary (which I also like just fine). It almost reminded me of stuff that you'd typically find on SomethingAwful, so continue with that as much as possible.

And Mario RPG I think is a great fit for you and Liam, that game kicks ass.

You could do what Chip and Ironicus do, upload two versions, one with unedited conversations and another without cutscene talk. But that's a lot of added work, so I understand why you wouldn't want to do that.

I understand that SH2 is supposedly suppose to be some great game, but i watch for your guys commentary and tend to put the the game stuff on the back burner. Im still gonna continue to watching the SH2 LP, but this is just my own opinion.

Zenfalcia

You could do what Chip and Ironicus do, upload two versions, one with unedited conversations and another without cutscene talk. But that's a lot of added work, so I understand why you wouldn't want to do that.

That'd be interesting. It wouldn't seem like too much work, besides having to upload 2 different videos.
No! We find that out later.
Much later.

How much later are we talking about here? 10 episodes?

I understand that SH2 is supposedly suppose to be some great game, but i watch for your guys commentary and tend to put the the game stuff on the back burner. Im still gonna continue to watching the SH2 LP, but this is just my own opinion.

Eh. If we talk over the cutscenes then any discussion about the voice acting and general tone/framing of the cutscene is worthless because you don't know what it's supposed to sound like in the first place. Like talking over Marys letter and James' monologue in the intro is just fucking blasphemy.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I think the style you're going for with SH2 is great as I find myself interested by LPs that are informative about the game itself than just being carried by reactions and commentary (which I also like just fine). It almost reminded me of stuff that you'd typically find on SomethingAwful, so continue with that as much as possible.

And Mario RPG I think is a great fit for you and Liam, that game kicks ass.

Yeah, my favorite playthroughs the Best Friends do are ones where you can tell how much they have invested into these games, RE2 is the first one I remember where I was impressed with Pat's knowledge of the franchise and the game in general.

The sadness trilogy was also a fantastic watch - they knew it's development cycle, as well as it's shortcomings.

I'm probably enjoying the Mario RPG the most next to Silent Hill. Both seem really fun at the moment. Not feeling Game of Thrones. Probably because Telltale only interest me with characters or settings I know. Which is why I got so wrapped up into The walking dead and The Wolf among us, since I could relate to everything.

Game of Thrones seems like a somewhat generic fantasy setting, and I have little knowledge about it.
tumblr_n7rohbXlkJ1s9yy41o2_500.gif

Anung

Un Rama

As a Silent Hill 2 fan I enjoyed it immensely. I can tell I'm going to love this playthrough. Also Matt being knowing nothing will help it.

After being apathetic about the stuff on the channel for a while this has won be back over.

360pages

I agree with Pat that they don't talk over the cutscence in Silent Hill 2. Them talking about it afterward is just as good since the game has a lot of downtime anyway. It's not quick or moment to moment.

Anung

Un Rama
Aw cmon! Don't be apathetic!

God damn it I was hoping I could fix that playground autocorrect before it got seen/quoted!

I don't mean it as an attack or nothing. I imagine you guys being in japan, then Christmas etc really fucked with the channel in a lot of ways.

Zenfalcia

I just don't know, it seems like a mix between low fantasy and high fantasy. I can't stand the former and the latter while fun just seems...eh. I guess I enjoy urban fantasy or more modern fantasy worlds....

Read/watch the material. It's probably not what you think it is. If you don't care about spoilers, just google "red wedding" like what Matt and Woolie said.

joe2187

Banned
Man, having never played RE:Remake before, im learning how to stop worrying and love the Barry!

Barry such a cool guy, he doesnt afraid of anything.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I just don't know, it seems like a mix between low fantasy and high fantasy. I can't stand the former and the latter while fun just seems...eh. I guess I enjoy urban fantasy or more modern fantasy worlds....

After reading your story, I definitely got the feeling that you really liked the setting you were working with.

I'm a HUGE GOT fan, and I wasn't too invested in that game to begin with because what makes GOT so interesting and so good is conflict between people in power as well as the constant wars and deception. I'm going to wait and see if the game has any of those points.

Watching Mario RPG, they got to the town and that town music started playing... I only recognize that music from a Mario Hentai game... This is awkward now.

Anung

Un Rama
I'd like a GoT game that is basically Soul Calibur mixed with Bushido blade. Just some heavy combat and some crunchy gore.

Top Bottom