• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

ultimax

It's from an anime OVA that's a sequel to a series, I've been looping the full version.

LnhpJI5.gif

i have to watch that

Have you been checking out any if the new anime this season so far? I know it is still early but do you recommend anything?

A few, most series premiered yesterday and today, and I've been busy and now I'm tired so I haven't really watched much, but of the couple I've seen Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! (AKA The magical boys series) is actually pretty fun, it's like Daily Lives of Highschool boys + Sailor Moon + Free!

Saekano has some potential but is very tropey and fanservicey.

Kantai Collection is pretty much exactly what you'd expect.

Yuri Kuma Arashi is... Well it's something special.

I'll report back after I marathon myself up to current, but that'll probably be a few days.

Oh, and obviously Kuroko.

i have to watch that

It's a fun show.

I'm looping the JoJo OPs and EDs, and I think the new ED is on par with Roundabout, and I really want them to fade into it as certain episodes end.

Also Sono Chi is amazing and Bloody Stream is amazing. I like the new one more than Stand Proud.
i have to watch that
I put it on my to watch list too, lol.
-
This part is so fucking awesome. I wish it had Part 7

I'm looping the JoJo OPs and EDs, and I think the new ED is on par with Roundabout, and I really want them to fade into it as certain episodes end.

Also Sono Chi is amazing and Bloody Stream is amazing. I like the new one more than Stand Proud.

I like new one more than Stand Proud too, feels more in line with the series and I love a lot of the synchronization of animation and music, especially the lineup switch into stands.

I do however hate the ending. I understand it's emotional but I'm not in my JoJo's for feels, I'm in there for weirdness and hype.

Zenfalcia

that katawa crash song is stuck in my head and its 100% your fault ;~;

You love it tho.
Rumba rumba rumba!

Fun-fact: That's my best friend's ringtone, so every now and then I just hear that shit come out of nowhere.

That's pretty great.
It's from an anime OVA that's a sequel to a series, I've been looping the full version.

There's a short version that is used in katawa crash. Let me see if i can find it.

Yep, it's on my list too.. I gotta watch it eventually.

Edit: Found it.

A few, most series premiered yesterday and today, and I've been busy and now I'm tired so I haven't really watched much, but of the couple I've seen Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! (AKA The magical boys series) is actually pretty fun, it's like Daily Lives of Highschool boys + Sailor Moon + Free!

Saekano has some potential but is very tropey and fanservicey.

Kantai Collection is pretty much exactly what you'd expect.

Yuri Kuma Arashi is... Well it's something special.

I'll report back after I marathon myself up to current, but that'll probably be a few days.

Oh, and obviously Kuroko.
It's a fun show.
I was not aware the magical boy show had started, I'll probably check that out at some point.
I remember you and Zen talking about saekano previously, if it is self aware it might be alright.
Cute ship grils doing ship gril things? I'm only aware of kancolle through other forms of media
Yuri Kuma... When I read that name I thought I had to be fucking it up somehow but after reading a description that is exactly what it is... That may get a pure curiosity watch
Definitely check out Metal Gear Scanlon if you're a premium member.

It's one of the better series currently.
Nah I must watching the stuff on the YouTube. I have consumed a large amount of their content recently but I don't know if I want to drop money on it when there is still a ton of free stuff. I'm looking at the perks if signing up and one of the things is a podcast that apparently prominently features F1 racing... I think I'm good for now

I remember you and Zen talking about saekano previously, if it is self aware it might be alright.
Yuri Kuma... When I read that name I thought I had to be fucking it up somehow but after reading a description that is exactly what it is... That may get a pure curiosity watch

r7oFx8F.gif

And yeah, it's pretty fucking amazing.

Zenfalcia

Have you been checking out any if the new anime this season so far? I know it is still early but do you recommend anything?

There are tons that caught my interest but i have no real opinion on them yet.

I'll watch a few and get back to you.
I was not aware the magical boy show had started, I'll probably check that out at some point.
Cute ship grils doing ship gril things? I'm only aware of kancolle through other forms of media

Yep, Saekano is pretty self aware and currently pretty.. run of the mill harem rom com anime. It could change in later episodes.

Yeah, cute ship grils. The cutest in fact.

I know i'm going to watch a few episodes. Anything about yuri and bears must be AMAZING
ly bad
And yeah, it's pretty fucking amazing.

The sad part is how good the animations/art are compared to other animes..

I like new one more than Stand Proud too, feels more in line with the series and I love a lot of the synchronization of animation and music, especially the lineup switch into stands.

I do however hate the ending. I understand it's emotional but I'm not in my JoJo's for feels, I'm in there for weirdness and hype.
The only part I don't like is the guy just yelling STARRRR PLATINUM, but that's probably because engrish.
ED might grow on ya after the series ends, but yeah. It's just melancholic, instead of serving a range of emotions like how Roundabout can be exciting or sad.

I also love how the collabation is called JOSTARS

I'm coming around to the opening. I fucking love how it starts with the heartbeating in sync with the pendulum showing the multiple stages of Dio's life and Joestars, but the section from about 15 seconds to 30 seconds just doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the song at all in my opinion.

I still can't stand the ORA ORA ORA at the end either.

There are tons that caught my interest but i have no real opinion on them yet.
I'll watch a few and get back to you.
Yep, Saekano is pretty self aware and currently pretty.. run of the mill harem rom com anime. It could change in later episodes.
Yeah, cute ship grils. The cutest in fact.
I know i'm going to watch a few episodes. Anything about yuri and bears must be AMAZING
ly bad
The sad part is how good the animations/art are compared to other animes..
Yeah there seems to be some interesting stuff out at the moment. I do not watch the vast majority of stuff that comes out every season but I like to hear people's opinions on what is worth watching. thanks
I'm coming around to the opening. I fucking love how it starts with the heartbeating in sync with the pendulum showing the multiple stages of Dio's life and Joestars, but the section from about 15 seconds to 30 seconds just doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the song at all in my opinion.

I still can't stand the ORA ORA ORA at the end either.
Yeah I don't like the Oras either, it just seems lame to me

ElTopo

Banned
I was going through old Pat posts looking for his review of the Silent Hill movies and I knew it.

Alright, here we go. We saw this back when it originally came out, because of Woolies fiendish need for more fighting game shit. You may notice this video is NOT popular. It's underground. Team You Are the Best From Now! *clap* is the SHIT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydFT01e3--E

Stomach through the old production and long intro, I promise.

I love those guys. Their Justice League review was perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-6E5tpSKfU

I still want to see them (Or maybe Fighterpedia can come back? Maybe?) review TimeSlaughter and Yu Yu Hakusho Makyo Toitsusen.

Zenfalcia

i do...
ugh im so sad that it's over

Right now!

You can replay it or relive the dream in the fan games.
Alright. Bed time for the A-A-Ron.

Night fuckers.

Cya.
Yeah there seems to be some interesting stuff out at the moment. I do not watch the vast majority of stuff that comes out every season but I like to hear people's opinions on what is worth watching. thanks

Everything is interesting if you just read the premise, it's about the execution. I try to watch the vast majority of stuff, sometimes it's worth it.. On the bright side I find some good series in the season.

Zenfalcia

I was going through old Pat posts looking for his review of the Silent Hill movies and I knew it.

I love those guys. Their Justice League review was perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-6E5tpSKfU

I still want to see them (Or maybe Fighterpedia can come back? Maybe?) review TimeSlaughter and Yu Yu Hakusho Makyo Toitsusen.

The best from now videos were pretty funny. It shows how deep woolie's fighting game addiction got during those times.

Nah, that's not happening, but then they did say they'd never play SH2 and RE:4... Who knows, fighterpedia might rise from its grave.

10/10 amazing video and picture.

Alright. Bed time for the A-A-Ron.

Night fuckers.
Have a good one
Toki wo tomare!
This comparison was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw her power
Also, Even Speedwagon is referenced
Everything is interesting if you just read the premise, it's about the execution. I try to watch the vast majority of stuff, sometimes it's worth it.. On the bright side I find some good series in the season.
That is exactly why I will rarely watch something without some kind of recommendation or unless it has a general consensus of being good. A lot of stuff comes out every season and I do not have a lot of time for it.

Zenfalcia

Woof i dont know if i can replay it. too many nostalgia feels

Someday, maybe you will.
That is exactly why I will rarely watch something without some kind of recommendation or unless it has a general consensus of being good. A lot if stuff comes out very season and I do not have a lot of time for it.

Time is always a big problem, especially since episodes are 20 minutes or so long if you cut out the OP and ED and there's no way to do it any faster.

Zenfalcia

I'm making a thread, I guess. Tagline vote was a tie, but I'm just gonna choose the one I like more because MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

I was thinking of reworking some of the banners and maybe make some holiday ones or I'll be lazy and not do anything.

Which title did you choose?
I suppose I could look at this as when I have to wake up early on Tuesday it won't be that bad..At least I have the new OT, and Gintama.

You'd probably be better by then, too.

Fucking blingee is such a peice of shit. Upload my files goddammit.
Channeling my inner Pat with complaining in here.
I was thinking of reworking some of the banners and maybe make some holiday ones or I'll be lazy and not do anything.

No big deal, we'll have the next thread soon enough. Also dats a secret.

Hey peeps, just a quick poll of what you guys think of todays new stuff, new style for SH2 in particular.

I'll be honest here: the current playthroughs are actually making me look forward to future uploads. Which hasn't happened in a while.

I like the style of the SH2 LP. Of course, talking over any of that game will lead to you missing out on elements. Like the approach to the town in Part 1. Mat was talking over the weird ass noises coming from the woods. It's not really a complaint, it'd be weird having a LP when you only talk during save points.....

There's only one episode out now, but I find it a bit strange how you're handling spoilers. Like Angela. You are giving away stuff that you wouldn't know from first impressions of the game, but you're not going whole hog on it. And with James. You don't know that he's a massive creep at the start. But things slowly start coming together. Like the way he talks and interacts with people. And how (Major Spoilers)
things that he is saying don't match reality, eg the letter.
. It seems strange to stick to the middle when it comes to the details, but whatever. It's your channel, go nuts.

As for Mario: I've never played it.
Seems fine.

TL,DR:
Keep up the good stuff.

I'm still up because it's nowhere near midnight yet.

AGDQ finally ended, with a final (not really final since there's the bonus stream) donation total of 1.5 million dollars, up from 1 million last year.

You'd probably be better by then, too.

Hopefully, I could always show my Math professor the way we greet people on The Wall by vomiting all over his shoes.

I also really like the new LP's the Super Mario RPG one gives me an old school TBFP vibe, and the SH2 LP is something we've never gotten before. It's not really based around comedy or anything but they're taking it seriously. Pat's even using his pillow talk voice it's amazing.

Zenfalcia

I'm still up because it's nowhere near midnight yet.

AGDQ finally ended, with a final (not really final since there's the bonus stream) donation total of 1.5 million dollars, up from 1 million last year.

Damn, what an improvement, they're getting even more popular than ever. How were the speed runs this time around? Good or bad?
Fucking blingee is such a peice of shit. Upload my files goddammit.
Channeling my inner Pat with complaining in here.

No big deal, we'll have the next thread soon enough. Also dats a secret.

Hmm.. the new ot has something to do with bling.. hmmm.. What could it be?

Is it really? Or is it really obvious which ones won?
Hopefully, I could always show my Math professor the way we greet people on The Wall by vomiting all over his shoes.

Just the way john snow would've done. :')
I know it wasn't him who did it, but ehhh..

Damn, what an improvement, they're getting even more popular than ever. How were the speed runs this time around? Good or bad?

Hmm.. the new ot has something to do with bling.. hmmm.. What could it be?

Is it really? Or is it really obvious which ones won?

Just the way john snow would've done. :')
I know it wasn't him who did it, but ehhh..

I think it was Sam..? I don't remember honestly. I'm hype for it to come back in April though.

Dear lord my father has begun watching Always Sunny. The apocalypse has begun ._.

Zenfalcia

I think it was Sam..? I don't remember honestly. I'm hype for it to come back in April though.

Dear lord my father has begun watching Always Sunny. The apocalypse has begun ._.

It was Sam. It's always Sam, Jon Snow is too cool to do those things.

What's wrong with that?

demidar

Damn, what an improvement, they're getting even more popular than ever. How were the speed runs this time around? Good or bad?[/SPOILER]

On par with last year, I dunno it's hard to compare. There were a lot more races though which are hype when it's close. The Ninja Gaiden Relay Race was fucking crazy, goddamn it was fucking close considering it's 3v3 across 3 games back-to-back, the amount of techs going on and the super on-point commentary. Everyone should watch it.

Zenfalcia

On par with last year, I dunno it's hard to compare. There were a lot more races though which are hype when it's close. The Ninja Gaiden Relay Race was fucking crazy, goddamn it was fucking close considering it's 3v3 across 3 games back-to-back, the amount of techs going on and the super on-point commentary. Everyone should watch it.

There's so much to watch... ;_; I'd probably watch a highlight video if one is ever made.

Yep, we had a small discussion about it earlier. TL;DR Guy is a dick, and is scalping to make money off amiibos.

There's so much to watch... ;_; I'd probably watch a highlight video if one is ever made.

Yep, we had a small discussion about it earlier. TL;DR Guy is a dick, and is scalping to make money off amiibos.

I like the thought process of "I hate this, so I will by all of it."

Cause Nintendo will get the message that a character is disliked when all of the stock is sold out.

It was Sam. It's always Sam, Jon Snow is too cool to do those things.

What's wrong with that?

He will do nothing but watch it until he catches up to it. So I get to hear the opening for about 2 weeks straight until I eventually go insane and commit sudoku.

I miss Ygritte..she was really cool and hot..

Zenfalcia

I like the thought process of "I hate this, so I will by all of it."

Cause Nintendo will get the message that a character is disliked when all of the stock is sold out.

I think he's also covering up that he's going to scalp them. Some of the story's facts are fairly hard to believe, like getting friends and family to help him receive multiple amiibos, and having $40 k to "invest" in the amiibos? In a way it's stupidly ingenious since he'll probably make a mint, assuming nintendo doesn't make more keeping supply down, but this is also really petty and immature. That's not even going into the things he's done in the past and his current "personality".

He will do nothing but watch it until he catches up to it. So I get to hear the opening for about 2 weeks straight until I eventually go insane and commit sudoku.

I miss Ygritte..she was really cool and hot..

It's fine! What's wrong with the opening?

I suppose so? I've only read the books and seen some images from the TV show. I can't say if she's attractive or not.

I think he's also covering up that he's going to scalp them. Some of the story's facts are fairly hard to believe, like getting friends and family to help him receive multiple amiibos, and having $40 k to "invest" in the amiibos? In a way it's stupidly ingenious since he'll probably make a mint, assuming nintendo doesn't make more keeping supply down, but this is also really petty and immature. That's not even going into the things he's done in the past and his current "personality".

It's fine! What's wrong with the opening?

I suppose so? I've only read the books and seen some images from the TV show. I can't say if she's attractive or not.

Same thing that's wrong with the GoT, Trublood,American Horror Story, and Mike and Molly OP's

You get sick of hearing them everyday for weeks on end ._.

Zenfalcia

Same thing that's wrong with the GoT, Trublood,American Horror Story, and Mike and Molly OP's

You get sick of hearing them everyday for weeks on end ._.

Even game of thrones? I suppose you can get sick of anything if you listen/watch it enough times.

So I ah found this.

And I, ah, I unno.

I'm at work for fuck sake. What am I doing with my life?

Wrestlem@ster is pretty fun. The animation is pretty cheesy sometimes. Have you seen the full videos yet?

Having fun.

Top Bottom