• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Hey Pat since youre a big fan of xenogears how did you feel about disk 2? Im playing it for the first time and disk 2 is keeping me from beating it. I was liking it alot until disk 2.

360pages

After reading your story, I definitely got the feeling that you really liked the setting you were working with.

I'm a HUGE GOT fan, and I wasn't too invested in that game to begin with because what makes GOT so interesting and so good is conflict between people in power as well as the constant wars and deception. I'm going to wait and see if the game has any of those points.

I was really looking for the GOT game to get me interested in the series. But I legit don't think Telltale style works well with a fantasy setting without anything modern in it. Mostly because it feels limited with all the cool shit they could do, to just dialog trees.

Also, I legit probably couldn't write a pure fantasy novel without having some modern abilities or technology in it.

ultimax

Watching Mario RPG, they got to the town and that town music started playing... I only recognize that music from a Mario Hentai game... This is awkward now.
80545-Jack-Nicholson-nodding-gif-Img-P7l1.gif

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Pat, in Mario you talked about THE PC VERSION OF FFVII being so bad? I miraculously managed to play it on my computer with literally no problems, and how I fixed the soundtrack issue was I went into the BGM file and copied in a OCR version of the FFVII OST.

Shit was hype.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Pat, in Mario you talked about THE PC VERSION OF FFVII being so bad? I miraculously managed to play it on my computer with literally no problems, and how I fixed the soundtrack issue was I went into the BGM file and copied in a OCR version of the FFVII OST.

Shit was hype.

The Steam version is actually patched to include the original music, so nothing needs to be replaced.

The Steam version also eliminated the online check that it used to do from the Square-Enix store.

All in all, it's a decent version of the game now.

Hey Pat since youre a big fan of xenogears how did you feel about disk 2? Im playing it for the first time and disk 2 is keeping me from beating it. I was liking it alot until disk 2.

Use a guide on the Animus and Final Dungeon. Aside from that I think disk 2 gets a lot more hate than it deserves. By that point in Xeno I was itching primarily to see the story resolved, so the game descending into a pseudo visual novel was fine by me.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I just don't know, it seems like a mix between low fantasy and high fantasy. I can't stand the former and the latter while fun just seems...eh. I guess I enjoy urban fantasy or more modern fantasy worlds....

The Steam version is actually patched to include the original music, so nothing needs to be replaced.

The Steam version also eliminated the online check that it used to do from the Square-Enix store.

All in all, it's a decent version of the game now.

Regardless, I deleted the original OST (godlike as it is), and put in the OCR version. I need a Jazz piano rendition of The Great Warrior and Golden Saucer as well as a metal cover of the boss theme.

Shit was hype.

I was referring to the original PC version Eidos put out back in like...98.

Anung

Un Rama
Ishin just made me fight a bear with a samurai sword. So sick. Perplexes me why this game never made it to the west. Would have been the perfect thing to fill an empty PS4 launch.

Still, we get 5. And hopefully zero.

Its great ,
btw in mario RPG you can check what the bonus gives you each level, one of the 3 gives you a bigger bonus each level.
also hold Y to run.

The bonus gives you? Huh. Well then. I should mention that to Liam, cuz he's been pumping each character along one stat and one stat ONLY the whole time.

Anung

Un Rama
I want to buy one of those Yakuza 0 ps4's... but $600 + shipping :(
I wish i was the Monay-Masta like this mother fucker in the video, making it rain Kiryu and Majima dolla bills!

I'm all about making it rain ryō in the Edo period. I'll probably just import Zero once a good guide comes out. Had no problems navigating through Yakuza Ishin.

Dat Majima tho!

mike0dude

I'm all about making it rain ryō in the Edo period. I'll probably just import Zero once a good guide comes out. Had no problems navigating through Yakuza Ishin.

Dat Majima tho!

did you watch the Long trailer they posted back in october? the 15 minute one, shit is the sickest!

Anung

Un Rama
did you watch the Long trailer they posted back in october? the 15 minute one, shit is the sickest!

I watched a bit of it. I didn't want to spoil myself too much for when I do eventually play it. I'm glad it seems to be going back to the roots a bit.

mike0dude

I watched a bit of it. I didn't want to spoil myself too much for when I do eventually play it. I'm glad it seems to be going back to the roots a bit.

the plot in this one looks super thick.
honor, impossible romance, betrayal, money, sewer fight involving a jetski.

Hey peeps, just a quick poll of what you guys think of todays new stuff, new style for SH2 in particular.
I missed this maybe, but I loved it. Seems kinda tailored to people who have already played it, and I think the informative tour guide style kinda reminds me of Epic Name Bro, and then you guys settle back into your normal rapport in downtime.

It's good you're not talking over cutscenes.

Top Bottom