• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Mathaou

legacy of cane
New LP is droppin in 6 minutes and Im interested in how it turns out because it's certainly something different. I gotta step my game up yo.

I'm at work, so I can't watch it.

That sentence would mean something entirely diffrent if you:
A) weren't on a video game forum
And
B) we had no idea who you were

Xiraiya

Nice, GoT's up.

New LP is droppin in 6 minutes and Im interested in how it turns out because it's certainly something different. I gotta step my game up yo.

Ah I guess it's the Matt solo thing
1kuWWB.jpg

EDIT: That sucks about the video timing.

It doesn't matter if it was the first to do it or not because it did a lot of stuff better than P3. Things like the pacing, the S Links, and the life sim elements in general. Of course, there a things that P4 did worse in like characters and dungeon crawling, but those they weren't terrible. Basically, the real reason that P4 is always on "Essential RPGs" lists is because of it's life sim elements.

That doesn't make it more essential just because it did a few things slightly better (and other things much worse) than games before it. Just because it can do life sim and SoL a little better than p3, how does that make it more essential than Baldur's Gate, SMT3, Xenogears, FF7, etc which revolutionized their genre? I don't have a problem with p4 being at the top 50 (somewhere in the 30s/40s), but explaining/defending to me why persona 4 is the 2nd most essential RPG of all time is the most laughable thing I've heard of in a long time.

Persona 4 is only up their because it's a favorites list, not an essential list. There's no other reason.

JoJo94

This is fucking terrible, we fucked up and now Matts LP is fucking ruined because less people'll see the first part.

Hopefully it should be fine, I mean if people see the second part when it;s uploaded a decent amount should go back to the first part.

Its fiiiiiine.

Also Pat the first part of Silent Hill 2 was really dope

Agree you guys are great in that lp right now...even though it's only part 1

That doesn't make it more essential just because it did a few things slightly better (and other things much worse) than games before it. Just because it can do life sim and SoL a little better than p3, how does that make it more essential than Baldur's Gate, SMT3, Xenogears, FF7, etc which revolutionized their genre? I don't have a problem with p4 being at the top 50 (somewhere in the 30s/40s), but explaining/defending to me why persona 4 is the 2nd most essential RPG of all time is the most laughable thing I've heard of in a long time.

Persona 4 is only up their because it's a favorites list, not an essential list. There's no other reason.

I never said it was more essential than any of those games.

Than I don't know why we're having this discussion. The biggest problem I have with p4 is being #2 on the list. Not being on the 50's list in general.

I still don't think there's anything "essential" about Persona 3/4 as an RPG since its RPG elements are often seen as the worst parts of the game.

People play those two games for the life sim elements and strictly that. But I can't do anything about GAF's biased love for those games.

That's why.

Top Bottom